It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brotherhood of the Veil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Brotherhood of the Veil

The past couple of weeks has seen numerous stories in the media over the rights of Muslim women to wear face veils if they choose...If that is granted by society, then I or any other male should be allowed to wear a face-veil should we wish to, and to be denied that right would be not only sexual discrimination, but also religious and cultural discrimination. With this idea in mind, we should stand up and say that as non-muslim males, we should also have the right veil all our faces except our eyes, and refuse to remove it in the presence of a woman...

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
*whispers*
psst...you do have that right...

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
[edit on 19-10-2006 by Mimbster]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Ummm...yeah, what Nygdan said.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Excellent idea, someone should make it the law, and also to wear barbed wire on their legs to remind them that all mankind are sinners, babies and children included!!!!. Just not in my country.

It is an amazing world, so many different cultures......

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Ok, I have just been stopped and questioned by a police patrol car as I was walking home just now because I choose to cover my face with a scarf and put my hood up cos its bl**dy cold, AND to test a principle....

Officer: Remove your scarf and take down your hood
Me: Why?
Officer: Because I want to see your face
Me: Would you demand a Muslim woman remove her veil for the same reason?
Officer: You are neither a woman nor Muslim
Me: How do you know I'm not a Muslim?
Officer: Because you're white...now remove your scarf and hood!
Me: Can I have your names, ranks and serial numbers please?
Officer: *No response*
Me: Ok, I'll just get your licence plate number then...

(at this point i pulled my scarf down from over my nose and face)

Me: would you like me to spread against that (shop) wall and you can perform an unwarranted SUS (Search Under Suspicion)?
Officer: there's no need for that
Officer: we want to see your face....where do you live?...where have you just come from?
Me: This is nothing short of harrassment because I am wearing a scarf over my face, and just because I am a white male..you stop and question me, you wouldn't dare ask a woman to remove her Niqab!
Officers: If you do not remove your hood and scarf and give me your details, I shall arrest you for obstruction!!
Me: *mutter* Racist b*****ds
Me: *give most basic of details*
Me: walked off...and most p****d off!!!!!!!

Wear your scarf and hood with pride, and challenge authority should they question you...asking if they would demand a Mulim woman remove her veil seems to get them tongue-tied!!!

Join the Brotherhood and resist!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Actually they were being careful and doing their job, just in case you were going to rob a bank/someone or happened to be a crime suspect who covers up when he/she sees cops.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
You should have dropped to the ground and started hollering to satan.

Works for me, as long as you tell them you worship the devil first.

top topics

join