It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jupiter to Become our Second Sun?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
Someone's been reading or watching too much of 2010.

That's the first thing that came into my mind too.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Weller

Originally posted by John Nada
Someone's been reading or watching too much of 2010.

That's the first thing that came into my mind too.

funny that - i was thinkin the exact same thing....

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Maybe it will be a devine event and not man made, take a look.

I will remind you that 78 percent of Americans believe in angels and even more people in the world believe in God and the devine.

Abundant Hope
Jupiter Sun

Before some of you start with the tin-foil comments, please understand that this is may obviously be connected with the urantia book otherwise known as the blue book. Urantia a book that has been revered by people like Gene Roddenberry Where do you think he got all those great ideas for Star Trek?

(What I don' t get is that there are hundreds of millions of people in the world who blindly follow and kill I.E. Christians and Moslems for what it says in ancient books written long ago and have been altered and watered down and yet a book like Urantia and it's followers are criticized!)

See what it will look like

[edit on 31-7-2007 by secretwise]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Ummmm In my opinion the Aztecs or Mayans would of observed this years ago.....The Aztec calendar is way more precise than ours.....so I don't think we should worry about this...... (in our lifetime that is)

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
and 2012 is not proven until we arrive at that date.....

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Well, I thought no one was aware of the Abundant Hope's statement, but turned out I was wrong. Anyway, it's weird enough to be true, in fact if I'm not mistaken, it's supposed to happen this week (which is the first of the Month).

Let's see what happens

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
It is unadvisable to have the idea of igniting the Jupiter. Jupter,the hugest planet in the solar system,plays an important and indispensabe role ,so I cannt imagine what would happen if Jupiter were ignited. Even a little variation of this massive planet would have an immense influence on us and probably we would vanquish in the coming consequent disaster.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Wouldn't the pressure of Jupiter just make the plotonium fizzle and quickly decay into other elements before the pressure builds enough for it to start a chain reaction?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Guys...

This is not possible, at all.

Consider Shoemaker Levy, and the force of the impacts, and what did that do to Jupiter?

One single fragment - Fragment G, hit with a force of 6,000,000 megatonnes - which is 750 times more than the combined nuclear arsenals of the planet can produce, and yet Jupiters still there. No second star.

These claims are junk science. Absolute utter rubbish.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Ok i just wanna know what would happen if jupiter just suddenly became a star, i know it cant happen but just what would happen

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
im gonna have to go with the previous poster on this one as soon as i began reading this i was immediately reminded of schumaker-levy incident in 94, that was an awsome event and extremely more powerful than a fistful of nuclear material would be. and besides im not a big night owl anyways and could use a lil more tan time

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Ok, I'm seeing a lot of people miss the point of this thread. The question wasn't if Jupiter could become another sun in our system, but that it ignited.

There is a remarkable difference. Ignited means that it will burn for some time but will run out eventually. If it were done artificially maybe Galileo found the core of Jupiter and they thought it was interesting enough to risk us all (maybe that's where Jimmy Hoffa is) and ignited the gases in order to get them off.

Now I'm no astronomy nut, shoot I barely even know the basic navigation constellations for the northern hemisphere, but I do know that if such an event were to be undertaken, it would require as above posters said a lot more energy than we have seen impact it.

Something I have been noticing on History Channel is all this talk of Gamma Ray bursts hitting earth. Now theoretically speaking, if one were to hit Jupiter, would it then ignite? As many have said on these threads, Jupiter is a "failed star" implying (by my guess) that all of the supplies are there, just not in enough volume or enough pressure to sustain fusion. This doesn't mean that combustion can't happen can it?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Have yall ever thought that Jupiter was a burning star in the early development of our galaxy?
Usually stars explode, but we don't know much about them in the first place.
It could have burnt out or something. It does have plenty of moons around them, I heard that one of them may have contained life at one point.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Have yall ever thought that Jupiter was a burning star in the early development of our galaxy?
Usually stars explode, but we don't know much about them in the first place.
It could have burnt out or something. It does have plenty of moons around them, I heard that one of them may have contained life at one point.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Ok the widely held belief is that our earth would have been pulverized and burnt by the ensuing blast wave from a Jupinova *tm BUT if it detonated behind the sun in relation to us the sun would theoretically disperse enough of the blast wave and we would be spared no?

I mean we exist here on earth by a a knifes edge of precise calculations. lol it would be sweet tho, if all along the talk of a planet x was actually all about Jupiter.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I am far from being any sort of expert but the only way I could see Jupiter becoming a second sun is if it were to collapse in on itself. Only then could it achieve enough pressure and heat to ignite. And by doing so would probably shrink it quite a bit in the process.

Don't see this happening any time soon. I mean, really what would even make that kind of thing happen anyways.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
This thread is years old. It's pretty clear that the space probe didn't and won't ignite jupiter.

I'm pretty sure most religions disapprove of necromancy, after all.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
its still a good theoretical question despite how old,
there may be many cosmic events that will happen long after the demise of humans that could affect this very scenario,

but still, jupiter isnt made up of the right gases to ignite if memory serves,
and it would definately not be capable of constant nuclear fusion, so technically could not become a star,
However i guess it is possible that in the millennia to come, that conditions will change (naturally or by introduction of new materials) enough for it to become a possibility

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackJackal

You should check out Nassim Haramein. He's a physicist who has some really interesting ideas on the makeup of black holes and he also talks about the possibility of Jupiter igniting as our second sun. Although, in response to Jupiter being a failed star and most star systems being binary, we are in a binary system. Sirius is the companion to our sun.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by deadvirgo

Haramein speaks much nonsense.

Sirius is more than 8 light years away. The nearest stars to us are the stars of Alpha Centauri but they are 4 light years away. Too distant to be our binary companions.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join