It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloggers can now be 'enemy propagandists'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
This article points to an effort by CENTCOM to disseminate 'positive and accurate' information via various web forums. So Homeland Security is now relying on the U.S. military for truth. Good luck with that ! I like some of you have thought for some time that many posters here at ATS had ,shall we say, less than genuine intentions with their posts. Now you know that anyone here could actually be a paid provacatuer.

www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by YIAWETA
This article points to an effort by CENTCOM to disseminate 'positive and accurate' information via various web forums. So Homeland Security is now relying on the U.S. military for truth. Good luck with that ! I like some of you have thought for some time that many posters here at ATS had ,shall we say, less than genuine intentions with their posts. Now you know that anyone here could actually be a paid provacatuer.

www.prisonplanet.com...

I understand how frustrating it sounds. What right does the government, nor anyone for that matter, have to spy on American citizens that are protected by our 1st Amendment Right, the Freedom of Speech.

I'm also fairly sure that the FBI, or any other government affiliation are going to be targeting the ones that are blogging about actually making a bomb, or using one in any particular place.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
It's even on the white house own website...

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I'm sure you're well aware that the internet is a very very vast source of information, but would you be able to post a link to the site you are referring?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The Military commissions act by at least its own definitions Does *NOT* apply to Americans

`Sec. 948c. Persons subject to military commissions
`Any alien unlawful enemy combatant is subject to trial by military commission under this chapter.

Link to the Military Commissions Act

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
They also said this about the Patriot Act, but they did it anyway. Why would everyone in the civil rights department going crazy about it? Anyway, if they take you to jail, if you don't appear in front of a tribunal, how would you be able to prove that you're a US citizen?

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zebanar
The Military commissions act by at least its own definitions Does *NOT* apply to Americans

`Sec. 948c. Persons subject to military commissions
`Any alien unlawful enemy combatant is subject to trial by military commission under this chapter.

Link to the Military Commissions Act

What are you smoking? Are you man enough to push the envelope of whether or not Bush will throw your butt in jail. Are you man enough to see if he'll allow you an attorney? Are you man enough to force him to give you a fighting chance?

Come on! There's just too much put in place today for anyone to argue with him or have the idea.. "Oh, it won't happen to me." I'm not saying it will happen to you or I, but I sure as the hell don't agree with one word out of his mouth or from the mouth of his pen, anyway.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I'm not a big Alex Jones fan.
I tend to find the guy perty damned flaky, but every once and awhile he stumbles over some very valid points.

I've sometimes wondered about certain posters on these boards. How they'll post pro-Bush/pro-America/anti-the-rest-of-the-world comments without presenting proof, sources, or even credibility.

For sometime, I've wondered if *maybe* (just maybe) some of these posts are coming from people paid to present dis-information. Now, it seems, there actually are people employed in this very way.

It seems to me that by employing this sort of tactic, it's most likely to backfire. Now everyone who makes a pro-Bush comment is a propagandist suspect.

What really sucks is that's very close to irrational paranoia. I can't simply deny someone's point of view because it doesn't mesh with myown. I can't suspect everyone who disagrees with me of being a paid anti-informant. I can't suspect everyone all the time, but with things like this happening for real the paranoia is hard to ward off.

Maybe the Paranoia is the plan?

*shrug*

Looks like I'm just going to have to keep on doing what I do... keep my reality filters up and fearcely apply my own judgement and logic to everything I read/hear/watch.

new topics

top topics

join