It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Commissions Act NOT A LAW!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
It has come to my attention recently that there is a possibility that the Bill HR 6166 Military Commissions Act of 2006, CANNOT BE LAW!
According to the US constitution Article I Section 7 subsection 2 (near the end of the paragraph.)
“…If any bill shall not be returned by the President within ten days (Sundays excepted) after it shall have been presented to him, the same shall be a law, in like manner as if he had signed it, unless the Congress by their adjournment prevent its return, in which case it shall not be a law.”

The bill was voted on Sept. 28, 2006 and the congress adjourned Fri Sept 29 2006, and Bush signed the bill “in to law” Oct. 17 2006. Subtracting the 3 Sundays; it took Bush 16 days to sign the bill. Well over the 10 days.

Therefore this bill is a “pocket veto” and is thus not law.

Why would bush do this? Is it just another flying *snip* to the document that the US is built upon? Is he exercising his self appointed dictatorial power, and setting a dangerous precedent? No doubt that the “law” will be enforced anyway.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 19-10-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Are you sure you math is ok? just wondering.

BTW we know that the bill became a target no only by Democrats but also by Republicans.

I wonder.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I'm sure of my math, but I'm not sure exactically when ajornment happend... I can't find it..

[edit on 19-10-2006 by Halfofone]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Halfofone
I'm sure of my math, but I'm not sure exactically when ajornment happend... I can't find it..

[edit on 19-10-2006 by Halfofone]

Halfofone,

I heard that today on Alex Jones.....and you are indeed correct in what the constituion says....but im not sure of the date congress adjourned all the dates Ive seen say Oct 6, 2006 and if thats the case its law....Are you sure your date is correct on when congress adjourned?
www.senate.gov...

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
looks like he signed it just in time... craptacullar

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Just like the budget...he signed it after the 10 days period.. he don't care, he's above the law.

new topics

top topics

join