It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got a favorite metal band?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I like Slayer and Preserved Remains. Preserved Remains isn't a signed band yet but their time will come. You should check out their profile on Myspace if you've never heard them.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Of all the various genres of music, heavy metal is certainly one of the most varied. There are simply so many sub genres to what we all call "metal".

My own tastes seem to be drawn to the "classics". I simply love driving down the highway with a compilation disc of my favorite heavy metal bands in the cd player -- cranked LOUD. My "perfect" disc would certainly include:

"Hell's Bells" byAC/DC

"War Pigs" by Black Sabbath

"Smoke On The Water" by Deep Purple

"Metal Gods" by Judas Priest

"Heaven's on Fire" by Kiss

"Great White Buffalo" by Ted "the MotorCity Madman" Nugent

"Running with the Devil" by Van Halen

"Wasted Years" by Iron Maiden

"Epic" by Faith No More

"Suicide Messiah" by Black Label Society (with Zack Wylde)

I am constantly amazed at the breadth of the metal genre. It covers so many styles, so many emotions. The sense of unbridled power blended with screaming guitars and angry vocals seem to be the common link that defines the metal genre. But, in my opinion, metal has no real definition as such. It is, ultimately, a state of mind that can only be expressed as rebellion, freedom and a sense of self-confident power.

Anyway, I could never pick just one "favorite".

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Ronnie James Dio from 74 to 92 didn't make a bad record, save for Lock Up The Wolves. His Rainbow, Sabbath and Solo work is amazing.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide

Savatage

[edit on 13-12-2006 by DarkSide]

Savatage has at least 3 or 4 great albums. I'm not a huge fan of their recent rock opera type stuff. I think along with Metal Church, they are highly underrated.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
they just deleted "burning moon sickness " by necrophagia from youtube. does anybody know of any kind of dvd with these videos in full length?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I'm more into power and epic metal.
Manowar is by far my favourite band.

Others i love
Sabaton
Judas Priest
Queensryche
Rage
Grave Digger
Ross the Boss
Hypocrisy
Manilla Road
Omen
Lonewolf
Blind Guardian
Marauder
Helloween
Stratovarius
Rhapsody
Kamelot
Hammerfall

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Before I accepted Jesus/Yeshua as my Saviour.
I listened to Black Sabbath[Ozzy era],Led Zeppelin,
Metallica,AC/DC,Beach Boys,T-Rex,Alice Cooper.
I went to a Metallica concert in 1994 at age 39.I was
a 17 year old trapped inside a 39 year old body!

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I love old In Flames stuff. They're probably my favorite. but In my opinion, they haven't put out a real good album in maybe 10 years now. But they sound amazing live. It just sucks that Jesper is no longer with them.

Pantera is right up there too.

And I know Im gonna get killed for this one, but I love Avenged Sevenfold. People bash them all the time, but they put on a great live show, and remind me of a mix between Pantera and Guns and Roses(my all time favorite band.)

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
me i love cannibal corpse, slayer, necrophagia, darkthrone, mayhem, burzum, nile, morbid angel, six feet under, gorgoroth, zyklon b, electric wizard, ministry, usually anything that involves the cold darkness of metal. jesus christ wasn't tortured enough.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I don't have a single favorite but here is one of them

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join