It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skunk Ape wearing glove

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Wow, I wonder where this Skunk Ape was able to purchase long sleeve rubber gloves? Maybe he ordered them online.

www.cryptomundo.com...

How fake does this look to you?

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
That's one of THE worst fakes I've ever seen! It also appears that his mask is either falling off or is on crooked!

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
Wow, I wonder where this Skunk Ape was able to purchase long sleeve rubber gloves? Maybe he ordered them online.

www.cryptomundo.com...

How fake does this look to you?

Real fake.....here is another picture taken in 2000 it looks real but it also looks like an orangutan.

skunk ape

orangutans

[edit on 19-10-2006 by etshrtslr]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
If the glove does not fit...you must acquit !!

seriously...that pic is SO fake......

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Lawks-a-mercy, that's frightening.

No homework done, just a fancy-dress gorrilla
suit and off he goes.
If you think about it, it shows how some people
know of the legend, but have no idea about how
this creature is supposed to be represented.

I just hope the tourists come and throw money
about the area.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
it is " obvious " that those are a pair of nitrile gauntlets , for handling dangerous / corrosive chemicals . so our " skunk ape " is clearly a saftey concious fellow who is only following the health and saftey guidleines on the drum of acid he is using to disolve the remains of his dead parents - so that no trace of a dead " skunk ape " is ever found by cryptozoologists

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I was reading into this today as well and found a podcast report. No mention of "rubber gloves"..that is a new one

The picture was taking by an ex-school teacher who withheld releasing the photograph for 5 years, until now for fear it would damage her reputation.

Skunk Ape Podcast Mp3

Hear an in-depth report about a reported sighting of the legendary skunk ape in southeast Collier County by a former school teacher,

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Hmmm, I wonder why that is. Perhaos because it is just some dude in a rented gorrilla suit?
They didn't even TRY.
Now the other pic, yeah, it looks like a orangutang, but the color is wrong. The eye sheen is also something I haven't seen in any "wild man" pics.
Maybe that one is real... even though there is something off about that pic that i can't put my finger on.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Well it sure isn't your typical bigfoot or other such creature. He definitely looks like an ape and that is the problem. Gorillas don't occur in this part of the world normally. I tend to think the photo is fake but need more expert analysis by people that know costumes and special effects etc.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I wouldn't even go into all that. Google an image search gorrilla costume. Even the shiney rubber look to the hands fits in with it being a costume, lol.
I am talking about the fits one, the secong orangutang looking one, I can go either way. Without more evidence to the veracity of THAT pick, it is difficult to hold an opinion as to if it is real or fake.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
If you look at the close up, the left hand/forearm is a dead give away.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
lmdao

It's an electricians glove. Have worn one many times doing home remodelling, when messin' with the meter assembly on the outside wall.

Misfit

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The comments on that website are hilarious. lol "Maybe he's from planet Playtex". lmao

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 04:29 AM
link   
The lady who took the photograph is defending her picture. She is supposedly a Wildlife photographer... She's also taking one of her skeptics out to the place where she took the picture. Strange how she tries to scare the person with descriptions of scorpions, 'gators, etc...

1. Photographer speaks out
2. Offer to go on a field trip

Edit: Format

[edit on 31-10-2006 by Gemwolf]

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Think about it. She's a skeptic. All she's doing is trying to further discredit the field. It a dirty trick just because she doesn't have enough evidence to diprove the myth.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
It looks real to me.

I can clearly see Mario and Luigi in the background of the wide angle shot. They wouldn't dare risk their wholesome image on a perpetrating a fraud.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Ok , a bit of poo flinging :

Judy Caseley, the professional wildlife photographer

have over 100 photos published in coffee table books that are sold in Barnes and Nobles and Books a Million. I am telling you this as I have won many awards for my photographs

Really , I can find no reference to any “ Judy Caseley “ cited as a photographer – or credited in the captions of any photograph I can find – she is not listed on the “ past winners “ of any industry awards I can find

In short – zero evidence that she is indeed any kind of professional

The photograph was taken about five years ago on a hot summer day — in July, if Caseley had to guess — on Loop Road in Big Cypress National Preserve.

Ok – ms “ professional photographer “ does not index her photographs ???

I am most certainly mot a professional – but I can reference all my own photographs by date , location , subject tags –

That a “ professional photographer “ does not even know when an image was taken … ape is speechless

Well actually – I am not speechless …. My response cannot be typed as it violates the ATS t&c in so many ways

So I will just leave it there

As for the photographs , we get an interesting caveat :

I also want to point out that we are looking at the photos from the newspaper’s website. These are not hi-res scans of the original photograph, but lo-res, compressed images here.

Why are they not hi res …. Why can a so called “ professional photographer “ produce the hi res crops ???????

It is clamed that the photos were shot on film – [ see references to “ the original negative “ ]

So why are we talking about compression issues as , From a film negative you can enlarge prints to dizzying dimensions – with no loss of detail – then scan the enlargement

There should not be any loss of resolution – if a real professional photographer had the inclination to create sharp enlargements from a film negative .

But it would seem that ms Caseley , is lacking in the competence department :

If I can figure out how to post one here, I will do that.

A “ professional photographer “ cannot figure out how to upload a photo to the web ….. is ms Caseley fit to be left unsupervised ????????????

And my penultimate comment , guns or no guns ????????

Furthermore, it would be foolish to dress up in an animal costume in Big Cypress, one of the most popular hunting areas in South Florida.
“People out here carry guns,” said Shealy, who also dispels the costume theory.

But …. In another page :

Guns are not allowed in Everglades National Park. I am not going to search you but just letting you know.

So are guns banned???? … or is it a “ popular hunting venue “ ………… DOH !

And lastly :

to scan my negative and see if I have manipulated this photo. I have not manipulated this photo in any way.

holly red herring bat man

from what I have read / seen – no one has accused her of any negative tampering

the key charge is that it was a faked shot involving an accomplice in a suit

also , ms Caseley needs to actually address the issue of evidence that the subject of the pictures is indeed a cryptid …

because right now I see a lot of waffle …. And protestation that it could not be X , Y , or Z ….. but no direct evidence that it is a cryptid ….

All smoke and mirrors …………… to evade the issue ??

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
ignorant_ape,

I made some similar points in response to her posts over there. You make some very good points and I would love to see you post over there and blow her away?

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
And to add to Ignorant Ape's very good points: (Please accept my first WATS of the month as prize…
)

Any professional photographer knows to take as many pictures as possible of the subject. They know they can pick the best one afterwards. Compared to an amateur photographer that will take only one or two pictures, only to find afterwards that the composition wasn't any good, thus they're left with nothing...
Thus the question - if she is a professional photographer... Why is there only one picture?

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
She claims there are more pictures and says she will release at least one to cryptomundo soon.

She is definately looking to cash in on this as she has already sold original copies of the picture posted over there. That one is from a newspaper article.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join