It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Cure?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   

South korean scientists have said they have developed a new genetically altered strain of virus which is highly efficient in targeting and killing cancer cells. When injected into cancerous tumors, the virus quickly multiplies in the cancer cells and kills them, the team said.

The new adenovirus can target only cancer cells and does not harm normal cells, the team said.

Following three rounds of injections, more than 90 percent of cancer cells in the brains, liver, lungs and womb of mice disappeared within 60 days, the team said.

It sure would be nice to see some good news come out for a change.

POSSIBLE CURE

[edit on 19-10-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I saw this on the news earlier today and have to admit that it sounds quite impressive.

I just don't think that I'd want to be the first to get a virus injected into me that was supposed to just kill cancer whille not affecting any other part of my body.

I'll let it be tested by quite a few other people before I put it into my body.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I understand what you are saying. But, for the most part, the people this could possibly be helping are dying anyway. I believe if you were on your death bed with cancer, you'd look at it a little differently. Just my opinion.

On topic: If true it would be great news. I had a friend die of kidney cancer. It was horrible.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
I understand what you are saying. But, for the most part, the people this could possibly be helping are dying anyway. I believe if you were on your death bed with cancer, you'd look at it a little differently. Just my opinion.

On topic: If true it would be great news. I had a friend die of kidney cancer. It was horrible.

Griff, I absolutely agree. I have also suffered with Kidney Cancer and though I am minus my left kidney as a result, count among a very few lucky people who have survived this disease. The South Koreans are probably the most advanced in the world in genetics, so, for them to have discovered and engineered this virus and technique is not at all surprising to me. For my money--and the over 30 mil. Cancer suferers worldwide, I hope that the authorities will allow for expidited testing of this technique, and hold down the costs when it becomes available, and without all of the Pharm Industry conspiricy that has brick-walled other techniques and drugs with high potential for a cure.

Guaranteed, we will be watching this one closely, and thank you, Super70, for the heads-up.

[edit on 19-10-2006 by Ed Littlefox]

new topics

top topics

join