It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC To Cut Over 700 Jobs, Cancel Shows

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   
NBC is going to cut over 700 jobs and make programming changes hoping to save $750 million per year by next year. It's not clear exactly what is going to be cut, but MSNBC, chronically in the last place among American cable news networks seems to be one of the first on the chopping block.

Link: New York Times

I just hope to God they don't cancel Passions...it can't cost that much since those people can't act at all...

[edit on 10/19/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
NBC is going to cut over 700 jobs and make programming changes hoping to save $750 million per year by next year. It's not clear exactly what is going to be cut, but MSNBC, chronically in the last place among American cable news networks seems to be one of the first on the chopping block.

Link: New York Times

I just hope to God they don't cancel Passions...it can't cost that much since those people can't act at all...

This is not suprising at all and infact I think its only the begining for most if not all the major media outlets....If the internet can stay unregulated then viewers in ever increasing numbers will cotinue to use it inlue of traditional media.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by etshrtslr
This is not suprising at all and infact I think its only the begining for most if not all the major media outlets....If the internet can stay unregulated then viewers in ever increasing numbers will cotinue to use it inlue of traditional media.

The "Big Three" networks NBC, CBS and ABC are definitely coming under major pressure from the wide variety of cable networks available today. Plus NBC just really doesn't have any hit shows anymore after the heady days of Seinfeld etc. The only thing I can even think off the top of my mind on NBC is Donald Trump's show (other than of course my favorite show on TV, Passions).

new topics

join