It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NFL Attack: Threat or Prediction?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Ok, I'm concerned now (and perhaps a few other ATSers should be as well)...

FBI Questions Someone in NFL Threat

The FBI interviewed a Milwaukee resident Thursday who officials believe was involved in posting Internet threats about dirty bomb attacks on NFL football stadiums this weekend. The threats appeared to be phony.

The online posting, dated Oct. 12, was part of an ongoing conversation titled "New Attack on America Be Afraid." It appeared on a Web site, "The Friend Society," that links to various online forums and off- color cartoons. The site's Internet provider declined to comment.

I couldn't find a direct link to the exact quote but does this sound like a threat or like a prediction...

The message said trucks would deliver radiological bombs to stadiums in New York, Miami, Atlanta, Seattle, Houston, Oakland and Cleveland _ and that al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden would claim responsibility...

A copy of the posting said: "The death toll will approach 100,000 from the initial blasts and countless other fatalities will later occur as result from radioactive fallout."

It said al-Qaida automatically would receive blame for the nearly simultaneous attacks, and predicted, "Later, through Al-Jazeera, Osama bin Laden will issue a video message claiming responsibility for what he dubbed 'America's Hiroshima.'"

So, do people that post predictions here on ATS need to start worrying about getting a knock on the door by the FBI?

[edit on 19-10-2006 by mecheng]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Website Warns Of Attacks At NFL Games This Weekend

Again, how can this be a threat?

The author of the threats, posted at 9:31 p.m. EDT on Oct. 12, identified himself online as "javness."

"In the aftermath civil wars will erupt across the world, both in the Middle East and within the United States," javness wrote. "Global economies will screech to a halt. General chaos will rule."

To me (and again, I've been trying but haven't seen the actual posting) it sounds more like the poster is predicting something will happen this Sunday. Why else would he start talking about the civil wars that will erupt afterwards?

If that's the case and the FBI are going to start going after people who are predicting possible threats, then many of us here had better start worrying because there have been many, many predictions of terrorist and armegeddon type events.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Sorry to bump this thread again, but I can't believe that nobody here is concerned about this. Maybe you're, like me, to worried to discuss it?

Doesn't it bother any of you that a young man posts what I would describe as his predictions of an attack for this weekend and suddenly the FBI is knocking at his door and he very well could be charged with a felony? Anyone?

[edit on 20-10-2006 by mecheng]

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Apparently, it turns out that these "threats" were nothing more than a "writing contest" between two cyber-buddies, one in Texas the other in Milwaukee. It's reported they were trying to see who could come up with the worst terror scenario, the most damaging from both a physical and psychological aspect. According to what I've heard [CNN] the FBI hasn't determined whether any charges will even be filed.

The man in Milwaukee was the "author" of the post that eventually led the "terror alert".

Milwaukee ... Hmmm ... [Location: Milwuakee, WI] ? mecheng ?

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
Milwaukee ... Hmmm ... [Location: Milwuakee, WI] ? mecheng ?

new topics

top topics

join