It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd Man Stabbed In Heart By Sting Ray!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Can you believe this. It's happened again!

www.thebostonchannel.com...

Doctors removed most of the barb quickly but they said that when the ray fired the barb, a piece went into Bertakis' chest, migrated into his lungs and went into his heart. Doctors said they found the piece of barb, and now Bertakis is undergoing surgery that is expected to last for at least five hours.

Again right in the heart! What are the odds of this happeneing twice within @ 1 months time! Are the rays getting better aim? People getting stabbed in the leg from stepping on them yes, but I had never heard of anything like this before Steve Irwin's tragic accident last month.

I wonder where he didn't pull the barb out if that's what saved his life? ( Although this may prove to be premature though seeing he has to undergo @ 5 hrs of surgery. ). I read that S. I. pulled the barb out himself.

I also wonder what effect this will have on the "Swimming With Sting Rays" market around the globe?

All in all a very unbelievable coincidence don't you think?

spelling

[edit on 19-10-2006 by 2PacSade]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Very curious indeed... Perhaps this whole "conscious awakening" thing (precession of the equinox's or the Photon Belt) is affecting all forms of life, possibly making the sting ray's more violent.....???

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I must admit this is really bizarre, but a conspiracy? I don't think so...how could anyone make a stingray jump into a boat and put its stinger into someone's heart???

But yes, it's still weird

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
this one is wierd, from how they are saying it on the south florida local news, the stingray jumped into his boat and stabbed him
the guy wasn't even swimming with them!!!

Stingray Jumps Into Boat, Pierces Man's Chest

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I think that stingrays worldwide have declared war on humanity.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Can you blame them?

BEWARE THE STINGRAY REGIME!

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Maybe so

This certainly isn't an overhyped story just because of what happened to Steve Irwin. Life threatening or deadly attacks by stingrays on humans are extremely rare.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Maybe so

This certainly isn't an overhyped story just because of what happened to Steve Irwin. Life threatening or deadly attacks by stingrays on humans are extremely rare.

Steve Irwin was kinda like our ambassador to the animal kingdom. They took out our emisary first. Now the rest of us are fair game.

Has anyone considered the possiblity that these animals could be under the subliminal influence of aliens?

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Has anyone considered the possiblity that these animals could be under the subliminal influence of aliens?

I can't say I have, and I'm fairly sure no-one else has either.

I'm sure aliens could influence something a little more deadly.

Damn I hope you were joking. You were, weren't you?

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Common people, this is a little sick. (although Steve may laugh a little probbably AFTER his death)

Animals kill. Yo mamma wouldn't be here if she didn't eat a little Chicken now and again.

We all could be killed by all sorts. Go out and find the beasties and they may kill you.

But Steve had an unfortunate accident, i'm sure he accepted that as a possability. A real one, every day.

Steve (i never met the guy!..) did a lot of VERY good work, RESPECT HIM. Know that he would of (mabey does!?) accept his death -ultimately- with a smile-

- THANKS MATE -

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This is the only the second time recorded that a stingray has peirced a mans heart, true, but if this wasn't preceding Steve Irwins death, we wouldn't of likely heard of it. Just a nasty coincidence I think, kinda wierd though.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
When I heard the story I was horrified.

Beware!!!!!!!! of the attack of the killing sting rays, they are on a mission to kill humans!!!!!!!

This is like a science fiction take over the world thing.

This man didn't die when he is already in his 80s because he piece was inside him.

Steve pulled his and that was part of problem.

I think is definitely something no right with a Sting Ray that manage to jump on a boat and attack somebody.

I tell you this animals are mutating.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
After Steve Irwin was killed, hundreds of Stingray's have been found killed by humans. It was probably a "revenge" for Steve Irwin's death. I guess the question is who declared war here... No wonder the Stingray's may have a different attitude now towards humans...

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
marg is right, this guy left the stinger in his chest whereas Irwin pulled it out. It's kind of like a fish hook or something with backwards barbs that cause more damage by pulling it out than leaving it in.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
After Steve Irwin was killed, hundreds of Stingray's have been found killed by humans. It was probably a "revenge" for Steve Irwin's death. I guess the question is who declared war here... No wonder the Stingray's may have a different attitude now towards humans...

Although I agree with the stupidity of the revenge attacks, I don't think it's fair to assume that Helmutt. This guy was almost killed and you don't know the facts. to say "probably" is a little rash. 2 cents.

[edit on 19-10-2006 by Xeros]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros
I don't think it's fair to assume that Helmutt.

He is just following on my post about the revenge on the sting rays.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   

This guy was killed and you don't know the facts. to say "probably" is a little rash.

I said that the recent deaths of hundreds of Stingray's was probably "revenge" for Irwin's death. This man was killed by a Stingray who may have had some recent bad experiences with humans?

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I've heard of reports of dead and mutilated stingrays in Australia too, presumably by humans getting revenge for Steve Irwin.

These are simple animals that only react on instinct, we shouldn't blame even an individual let alone a whole species because of an unfortunate incident.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

This guy was killed and you don't know the facts. to say "probably" is a little rash.

I said that the recent deaths of hundreds of Stingray's was probably "revenge" for Irwin's death. This man was killed by a Stingray who may have had some recent bad experiences with humans?

Ahh, sorry I misunderstood you. Yeah, I agree fully though. Maybe it's too much interaction in a delicate ecosystem?

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
You know I will bring one point here, we as humans try so hard to understand the species that are under us.

But do we really know what they feel or if many of them are truly intelligent in their own species groups?

No, no at all we think we know it all but the truth is . . . we don't know nothing.

I wonder if animals can have revenge by instincts.

I tell you, if I hear another story about sting Rays targeting a human we may be facing something unique that never before we may have even dream about, in all our human existence.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join