It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In honor of Halloween: Your top 5 scariest movies ever list

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   
1. The Grudge

2. The Exocist - uneditted version with deleted scenes added back in. Regan going backwards down the stairs creeped the hell out of me.

2. 28 Days Later - These zombies book and that's scary. Plus the feeling of isolation.

3. Evil Dead

4. The Descent - New movie and pretty creepy. Well done

5. Halloween - this is a classic but the music alone is enough.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah25

5. ???
I don't remember what it was called. It was on late at night and was a sci-fi about a group of people investigating a mysterious structure on an alien planet. The structure seemed to be able to make their greatest fears manifest. One person was crushed by a gigantic worm, for example. In the end, it turned out that the structure was some kind of training facility for the aliens young warriors. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, let me know.

Try Galaxy of Terror. Pretty interesting cast, and James Cameron was a unit director.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
1. The Exorcist - the only movie that can continually scare me, no matter how many times I watch it.

2. 'Salem's Lot - the book scared me more than the movie, which is why it's listed... still pretty freaky though.

3. Child's Play - my father made the unfortunate mistake of letting me watch this when I was around 7 or 8 or so, and it's stayed with me.

4. House on Haunted Hill - I watched this in the dark, by myself.

5. Children of the Corn - this is really only on here because when I was watching it, my stepdad thought it'd be funny to sneak up behind me and scare me, and it put me on edge through the rest of the movie.

I'm a horror movie buff, and I've kind of desensitized myself to being scared for long periods of time. Unless, of course, there's some external stimuli.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
"It's just a jump to the left....and then a step to the right."

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 26-10-2006 by dbates]

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Me first andthe gimme gimmes

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
1 The Hills Have Eyes

2 The Shining

3 Nightmare on Elmstreet (classic)

4 Halloween

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
1. The Haunting - Who says you have to have million dollar special effects. This is hands-down the scariest movie I ever saw because it depended on your own imagination to increase the terror.

2. Halloween - I think Michael Myers is far and away a scarier guy than Jason Voorhees; just personal taste, I guess. Also, Jamie Lee Curtis was really cute.

3. Jeepers Creepers I saw it on dvd the first time, it didn't matter; I still had to make sure all of my doors and windows were closed and locked. It really freaked me out, man!

4. Alien - What else is there to say? This one really got me, especially the monster leaping from John Hurt's chest at the dinner table.

5. The Ring- This was one of those films that stayed with me for days. The story was so scatalogical and so spiritually disturbing somehow that I don;t think I could ever watch it again.

[edit on 10/30/2006 by Stormrider]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 06:02 AM
link   
1. Devils Rejects...Sick and twisted=awesome

2. Saw 1-2-and 3...They weren't really "scary" but I like the gore

3. Koroshiya 1 (2001)

4. Audition

5. Arachnaphobia...I don't scare easy, but this movie was hard to sit through

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
5. Dawn of the Dead. Both versions, I just like a movie where the good guys lose. Like the ending of the remake how they do it through the camera and they make it to an island. Grrroooooaaaaan.
4. Shining. Creepy, based on a real place with real ghosts that SK actually saw/heard.
3. Exorcist. I hate pea soup, having someone spew it up even worse.
2. Friday the 13th Movies. They are all great and when you first saw them in theaters they were scary! Nowadays kids watch and laugh but back in the day they were scary!
1. Wizard of Oz. I can't watch it, not even to this day. I saw it once, had nightmares, and now absolutely refuse to watch.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
5.Dot and the Kangaroo- As a kid, my grandfather used to pay me 50cents to watch the scene where the aborigines were chased by a bunyip. The music scared the b-jesus out of me.
4.IT- enough said. I hate that clown.
3.War of the worlds (remake)- This movie was so realistic to my beliefs of an alien attack I nearly pooped my jocks.
2.The Village- That scene at the end where the chick was in the woods all by herself and that damned monster was messing with her. Damn.
1.Communion- the scene where the alien pops it's head around the door. God help me.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The Poltergeist The scariest I have ever saw, poor little girl died, due to a curse from the movie itself!

Alien I will always be haunted by those terrifying aliens and art concepts.

Fire in the Sky Those aliens have a evil mystisism when you look at them.

The Shinning Pshycotic maniac. Typical white person with cabin feaver. LMAO

The Dreamcatcher Very scary. The alien is the scariest scene! I almost flew!

The Exorcist Devilish! and.. overrated.

Fire in the sky is based on a true story, think twice if aliens are evil here, take a look at this species. UNDENIABLY EVIL. What is it with critics DEFENDING these horrid things. There all devils advocates.

[edit on 12-11-2006 by 7Ayreon]

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
5 - Prince of Darkness - I'm telling you I was freaking out at the end of this one. Alice Cooper was a homless zombie thinggy. Stupid movie...but scary.

4- Sixth Sence - When that dude walked away with the back of his head blown off!! and the chick that puked in the tent !!

3- Nightmare on Elm Street - I saw this the weekend it was released in the movies. ( yes im old) I had to take a break and get some Twizlers during the first killing!!

2- Poltergeist - Again...a movie that scared the bejesus out of me. Anything of the supernatural scares me EASILY! That leads me to #1....

1- The Exorcist - First time I watched it was on video. Nightmares for WEEKS. I purchased the directors cut and nearly passed out seeing Regan climp dont the stairs and puke up the blood!!!!!

I STILL to this day can't see the big deal about the Blair Witch Project. When that movie got over..i was SO pissed.

posted on Dec, 22 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
5. A Stranger Is Watching - "Have you checked the children?"

4. Salem's Lot - That kid floating outside the window kept me up many nights.

3. Alien - Maybe not classic horror, but definitely scary.

2. Halloween - Pound for pound (budgetarily speaking) could be considered the scariest.

1. The Exorcist - Hands down the scariest.

Blair Witch fell out of my top five only because the chick in the movie was so annoying.

Peace and Happy Halloween
yeah that kid kept me up too alwayz wonderd they said he can only come in if u say he can i alwayz said hell no and then i
him

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join