It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I saw a trailer for "300" recently and thought it looked pretty cool, so heres some info and a trailer to watch and get your movie juices flowing.

Trailer for WinME or anyone w/out quicktime: watch me.
If you can watch quicktime: watch me.

imdb.com

Based on Frank Miller's graphic novel, "300" concerns the 480 B.C. Battle of Thermopylae, where the King of Sparta led his army against the advancing Persians; the battle is said to have inspired all of Greece to band together against the Persians, and helped usher in the world's first democracy.

In 480 BC, the Persian king Xerxes sends his massive army to conquer Greece. The Greek city of Sparta houses its finest warriors, and 300 of these soldiers are chosen to meet the Persians at Thermopylae, engaging the soldiers in a narrow canyon where they cannot take full advantage of their numbers. The battle is a suicide mission, meant to buy time for the rest of the Greek forces to prepare for the invasion. However, that doesn't stop the Spartans from throwing their hearts into the fray, determined to take as many Persians as possible with them.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Ah, you beat me to it!

Can't wait for this movie to come out. The artwork and scenery are amazing. They used the same green screen technology in Sin City to film most of this movie.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Already a thread here: 300, The Movie

*closed*

join