It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karma discussion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Does the term "karma" really mean anything? Discussing with my friends they all say that karma is real. This is the way I think of karma; karma only holds true when what you did to someone knows it. Like if someone knows I stole money from them, and then they in turn steal money from me, then i would feel comfortable to say that that was karma, but if they don't know that I did it, and I still got money stolen from me, I don't think that that is karma, I think it just is. How could someone argue the fact of that that wouldn't have happen to me if I haven't had done it? How could there be some mystical force that controls outcomes due to things you did? There can be no scientific data to ever prove this, science tells us how, not why. I also think that if you believe in karma, then you can use it as an excuse to why things happen to you, but why do people need an excuse? Why can't it just be, and thats the end of it. I think the reason that people feel this way is to have some sort of explanation to why things happen, but why is it so important to have an explanation? I am perfectly content with that fact that some things are just unexplainable. If everything was explainable, life would be unbearably boring. My attempt to explain this is not to try and persuade you to think the way I do, it is merely to get feedback on this from other people, and see what some else thinks about this. As my favorite Socrates said "I know I am wise, because I now that I know nothing"

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Here are my personal thoughts about Karma
thanks for listening.

Karma, in the popular view, is often perceived as the bogey man of Eastern philosophy, as the stick that punishes you for doing the wrong thing. In reality it is much simpler than that, and it carries no judgmental overtone at all.
Karma is simply reflectance. Reflectance is a property of the universe. Therefore, life reflects what you project. This principle of reflectance or karma states that life reflects your beliefs, emotions and actions. The stronger these are, the more apparent it becomes that life is a mirror of whatever you project.
Whenever you change the way you view life, the universe, just like a mirror, reflects your new view of reality. This may not occur instantaneously as, often, circumstances do not allow the new reflection to immediately manifest. In this case, the new reality is held, like a pressure within the aura of your body's subtle magnetic field. You then walk around in life, surrounded by this magnetic potential, your "karmic pattern, " as it influences your circumstances to adapt into a form where the new reality will be able to manifest and operate. Reflectance, sooner or later, produces manifestation. Therefore, if you don't like something in your life, the most powerful way to change it is to discover how you have generated that reflection. Then change your point of view - the beliefs, viewpoints and energies that you put into your life - so that the reflection is changed. It's just like the law in physics: "For every action, there is an opposite and equal reaction." This law goes much deeper than just a law of mechanical motion. It is how the universe is designed at all levels. Reflectance is entirely automatic. There is no judge. No one looms over you, threatening retribution for imaginary sins. However, because this law of life is automatic, you have to be the one to initiate change. It will not come to you until you take the initiative, until you create the action so that there can be a reaction. If you seek more happiness from life, the mirror of life will shine more happiness back upon you, just as soon as you decide, within yourself, to become a happier person. Then it will reflect your new reality. Your power lies in how you respond to the circumstances which have been created in your life. Circumstances, within themselves, are inherently neutral. It is human judgment that assigns positive and negative values to those circumstances. It is a paradox of life that the challenges of difficult times can produce the most happiness in the end. Remember that if "bad" circumstances are affecting you, it is often not because of some "bad" way that you thought or behaved in the past, but because you planned your life so that it would present certain challenges. How you respond to those challenges is the whole point of the exercise. The strongest steel is that which is quenched from great heat and the most compassionate heart is that which has seen great suffering in the world. Your viewpoint is your response to the picture that life presents, and it is totally under your control. Your viewpoint determines what energies you will put into life and therefore what the mirror of life will reflect back.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   
wow, i thought i thought deep, that makes sense to me, i never looked at it to that depth, i see what ur saying though...thanks alot man, ill make sure to sum it up and report this new found way to look at it to the boys that I was discussing this with

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by BCAS22
wow, i thought i thought deep, that makes sense to me, i never looked at it to that depth, i see what ur saying though...thanks alot man, ill make sure to sum it up and report this new found way to look at it to the boys that I was discussing this with

Anytime my friend! Ive found since Ive come here to the ATS my mind has expanded 10 fold, and my words are here to help! As so many here have helped me understand things I wasnt studied up in.. So its my karma to return the favor here! kewl Karma is for real!

top topics

join