It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to voice concerns over EU Constitution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 09:08 AM
link   
According to The Sunday Times, US President George Bush will use a forthcoming visit to the UK to express American fears over the EU Constitution.

The President, whose visit to Britain begins on 18 November, will seek assurances that the draft Constitution will not create a federal "superstate", according to the paper.

Although American officials concede that the debate on the Constitution is "probably none of our business", this comes at a time when EU-US relations are strained by trade disputes, disagreements over the US Iraq policy and NATO.

Also, some people in the US administration are said to be worried about the emergence of a new bloc dominated by French and German interests.

www.euobserver.com...

Yup, the American officials are right, it's none of their business.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Absolutely.None of their business.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I wish someone in Europe would look at American affairs and say "none of our business" as well. Unfortunately if anyone in the US government takes a # without asking UN approval the EU starts poking around. If you're going to poke and prod, don't complain when you get poked and prodded too.

EU criticizes our constitutional issues, for example the death penalty, constantly. I'm sure they could handle a bit of the same.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Djarums nobody cares if the USA has a #.We just care where you have a #.
At the moment the USA is like a mad dog with diahorea running all over the neighbourhood.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I'd like to see the name of the source that said the U.S. is "concerned" about a EU constitution.

I think that most American could care less what the EU does with it's internal workings, and I'm willing to bet this so-called story has no substance at all - other than to artificially stir European anti-American feelings.

Got nuts, Europe. Write a good constitution and learn from the mistakes we made while creating ours.

new topics

top topics

join