It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IE 7 Final Version

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Get it while it's hot, off the M$ website.

Source

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I just downloaded IE 7 now.

It is a very slow install, just wait for it.

You must restart windows to finish install-standard.

I find it to be very fast, as fast if not faster than FF-compatiition????

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
It isn't made for Windows 2000.

Surely does leave a LOT of PC's in the dark.

mrmonsoon

You must restart windows to finish install

Passing gas while using Windows requires a restart !!

Misfit

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I just got it downloaded and everything is weird, but okay. I've been futzing around with Firefox off and on for awhile, so some of the features are familiar.

I use MSN 9, mostly, but my desktop icons and quick launch links open in IE so have to be proficient in both.

I like what I see, so far.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I'm busy installing it right now. It's taking long, and I had to validate windows...

That and as mentioned before, it doesn't work on windows 2000. Firefox does though.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I "like" IE7 much like one care's for a city bus. BETA 3 worked AOK for me... so does FINAL. On some sites it is "laggy" compared to FF or O or K. Hey, there's already a new "hole" for it so we know it's "working" the MS way; tested and true! LOL. A Link:
www.cbc.ca... Boing!

No patch yet...

Victor K.

43'

EDIT: A Link to the security site source and a vulnerability test: secunia.com...

They recommend turning off active scripting as a workaround until the patch is ready.

[edit on 19-10-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Well, I got IE7 installed about 0400T this morning and went to bed. When I got up this morning everything was fine until I rebooted and all hell broke loose. I finally did a system restore and reinstalled McAfee which was all fouled up and now everything is working well.

Since a vulnerability was found in IE7 already, I'm not going to reinstall it until I absolutely have to, even though I'm not sure that IE7 was to blame.

I mostly use MSN Premium, so IE6 willl do for now.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
After reading that the vulnerability is in Outlook Express and not IE, I decided to reinstall it. No problems, yet.

www.computerworld.com...

Heck, if it turns out that I like the interface well enough, I might get rid of MSN Premium.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I am not doing well with IE7 final... slow page fills... refusal to navigate to other sites... seems at times to forget that port 80 even exists. I had no such difficulties with BETA 3 or 2. I am going to leave it for a couple of days and see whether it may just be a connectivity issue with my ISP ( I doubt it because 21, 25, 110 and the dynamic ports for mediaplayers still work fine... The IE7 dependent flaw within OE is still there... and not much one can do about it no matter how MS chooses to spin it.

Here's hoping the upcoming AJAX code will be a little better tested by MS.

Victor K.

43'

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Whats different about it?

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Final Release=Gold code=finished product.

In theory-
- All the bugs were found and resloved with beta's and RC's releases.

Personally, I find it fast and efficient-almost on par with firefox.

I am not sure of the issues you are having with it-almost sounds as if it is conflicting with some software you have.

I would try uninstalling it, reboot, run antivirus and all other syp scans you have,reboot, run defragger, rebopot and try reloading ie 7 and -of course, reboot.

Hope that helps.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
What software? The WINXP SP2 OS? MS's AV solution? It's an all MS show (no Office or Adobe either) on at least this box, loaded by a staff MCSE, with legal software, on a known good hardware platform... LOL. No big deal... they'll fix it at some point.

I'm not a big fan of doin' MS's Q&A for them... or the expense involved on the corporate level, but I do like their stuff for client-boxes. I'll just use a different mule machine. I ain't uninstallin' jack. The generic interchangeable Microsoft sales-person is skedded to come by next week... we were considering a volume purchase of Vista to replace XP client-boxes... with a half-notion to toy with some of the many server iterations and versions... damn glad we don't allow MS servers on premisis at this point. IT is already 80% dead spending - fixing MS hassles... I'd like a little left for R&D.

Without a significant "deal" including 24/7/365 support I think we'll be holdin' on to our BSD and "Ux-Ix" servers... it's far cheaper and less of a "patch-to-the moment" race with the hackers and MS incompetence.

I do like IE7 tho'... the tabbed browser is of some use for our employees and precludes the testing and evaluation of other browsers for client-box deployment within our organization. I also like the fact that IE now listed separately in the Event Viewer but it doesn't seem to be active by default (or it may be broken on this box too). LOL.

On at least this machine the IE 7 Final version is junk... (not as nasty a hassle as when IE4 hit with Active Desktop) I'll roll it back after a couple of days and restore to a known good image if the trouble navigating doesn't clear. It could be worse.

Victor K.

43'

[edit on 21-10-2006 by V Kaminski]

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I'm liking it, too. I never could really get the feel for Firefox and the tabbed browsing and I didn't like IE6, either, that's why I've kept MSN Premium since I switched over to Comcast Broadband. Now, I am seriously considering dropping MSN, if I can find suitable replacements for its special features.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I never could really get the feel for Firefox and the tabbed browsing

Firefox tabs are but an option, easily swtiched in pref's to bring up new windows instead.

Misfit

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I cannot use that version of IE because I am using it on Windows Vista, I may try it at work next weak.

On Vista, it is working without any problem, but I had already noticed since the Beta 2 that IE7 was working better in Vista than the Beta versions were working on XP.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   
One word.......... CRAAAAAAAPPPPPP. It's slower than FF and fuzzy. Bookmarking is a pain in the ass too. I'm sticking with Mozilla.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
One word.......... CRAAAAAAAPPPPPP. It's slower than FF and fuzzy.

From two other boards I attend, one of which is technical, the slow and fuzzy are very prominent, about 2/3 of the users experiencing these (more being the problem of the Font being screwed).

Misfit

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit
From two other boards I attend, one of which is technical, the slow and fuzzy are very prominent, about 2/3 of the users experiencing these (more being the problem of the Font being screwed).

The ClearType problem?

I suppose that only works well with LCD screens, so I have it turned off.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

The ClearType problem?
I suppose that only works well with LCD screens, so I have it turned off.

Yes, that's it!

I don't recall the scenarios of it (screen type, resolution, etc) , just that it was a problem, almost every other post.

Thanx

Misfit

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
ClearType active on a computer with a CRT gives a fuzzy look to the characters, the second thing I did every time I installed Windows Vista was to go to the Internet options and uncheck the "Always use ClearType for HTML".

I haven't yet seen how it looks on a LCD screen, but I will see it tomorrow.

PS: the first thing I do in any Windows installation is to turn off the sounds.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join