It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone please tell me how the heck Bush passed that law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
You all, I'm sure, know about the recent bill that allows us to use "special" methods, as it says, to interrogate suspected terrorists. WHAT IN THE HELL? I know, we did torture anyway, but think about this: WE MADE IT LEGAL. WE MADE TORTURING SUSPECTS LEGAL!!! That right there takes a number two on our Constitution. IMO, this screams illuminati. This may be the biggest sign of them I have seen in my life. Bush says it is "one of the most important pieces of legislation in the War on Terror".

Now I have been a long time defender of Bush, saying that any president would have been hated the same, and that he is not such an idiot. But come on, Bush 'ol boy! You let me down! This just shatters what I had left of belief that he could come through. This is just disgusting.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainIraq
You all, I'm sure, know about the recent bill that allows us to use "special" methods, as it says, to interrogate suspected terrorists. WHAT IN THE HELL? I know, we did torture anyway, but think about this: WE MADE IT LEGAL. WE MADE TORTURING SUSPECTS LEGAL!!! That right there takes a number two on our Constitution. IMO, this screams illuminati. This may be the biggest sign of them I have seen in my life. Bush says it is "one of the most important pieces of legislation in the War on Terror".

Now I have been a long time defender of Bush, saying that any president would have been hated the same, and that he is not such an idiot. But come on, Bush 'ol boy! You let me down! This just shatters what I had left of belief that he could come through. This is just disgusting.

Well, Captain... I believe I may be able to sum it up in just a few words.

1.)Apathy
2.)Lethargy
3.)Indolence
4.)Lassitude
5.)...... I can go on and on.

No one cares enough anymore to do something about it. Besides, if people will begin to care and do something about it, they'll just slip laws in with other bills of importance.

Example, who wouldn't vote to OK a bill to increase security of our Nations' Ports? A mad man, I'm sure.

I love to play poker, and I did so until our government underhanded you and I and attatched a bill that makes it "pert-near" impossible for me to play the way I did. And for what reason? Was me playing poker online making this country less secure? Nope. But hey, I can still bet for those horses!

That's just my thought. Remember I'm a simple man.

Ram

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Guess it's time to wake up captain..

It must be...

Yea I agree It must be about time people wake up..
To the other reality..

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Illuminati.. no.. a few man raping the American image... maybe.. A few man slowly taking the country over... maybe.. world wide conspiracy.. no, your thinking to hard.

This is a group of men that are giving them selves more power.. but what is missed is that it would appear who ever becomes President in 2008 will go into office being a very.. very powerful person eh? .. Think about it.. Bush is gathering power sure.. but he leaves soon, and he is not fit to be a dictator in anyway.. hes a joke. The next man in power will have ALL of Bushs power from the start.. any thing he then adds to the powerbase, which all presidents do.. would have been extreme at say the begining of Bushs stay in the white house, but 8 years later seen as a normal move.

Theres the set up, since the constitution was signed the men who sat in the oval office have waged war on it. They have won to, with the federal government being a huge source of power and influence, state rights raped, personal rights raped, and now we enter a time when they can tap phones and look at e-mails, go through your bank statements.. hell .. piss them off now they can call you a terrorist and lock you up for life.... sound familure? .. men coming in the night, throw a hood over your head and your family never sees you again. how many dictators used that trick.. are we so ignorant we ignore our history, do we think we are imune.. to we actually think we are that pure, that trusting, that... free?

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Captain Iraq I'm sorry you have had your faith in Bush shattered but you have to ask who would make a man president of a superpower, a man that did not even have a passport and a man who could not have pointed to Iraq on a map to save his life. I'm afraid he's just a puppet like Blair and all the rotten crew, puppets who's strings are firmly held by the people who do run the show and have absolute power.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Do USA soliders in the middle east feel let down by this law?
I reckon they would,as its a bad example to set to enemies of the US.
Its stupid as an intelligence tool i would have thought.Most people would say anything if they`re getting tortured.
It may be a very effective way of creating false terror tales,which then get leaked to the MSM.
Keeps the war going/population scared.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The new law is being discussed elsewhere on ATS. Please add your comments to these threads:

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

new topics

top topics

join