It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atmosphere on the Moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I didn't know if this was the right place to post this, but it's recent so here goes. (Oh, and I searched ATS and didn't see it.)

This man claims to have photographic proof of an atmosphere on the moon, and of ETs.

I examined the pic they provided, and, honestly, I don't see how this prooves anything, but I was hoping someone here would be able to elaborate on why this picture demonstrates anything other than a photographic anomoly.

www.wetaskiwintimes.com...

jra

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I can't even tell what the heck that photo is showing. Let alone where the moon is in that photo. Very confusing to say the least...

The Moon does have an atmosphere, but it's so minor, it's not really worth mentioning. If the Moon did have an atmosphere that was dense enough to support life, we would be able to see it from down here on Earth.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I'm not certain what it would matter if it was concluded that there was a thin atmosphere on the moon. There is no atmosphere as we are familiar with but its orbiting mechanics create a minor one of no consequence to us.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
ok , here goes again :

can a moon atmosphere proponent please coherently explain the phenomemon of bailey`s beads ?

how do they occur if there is a lunar atmosphere ?

i will eargerly await responses

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlaznRob

I examined the pic they provided, and, honestly, I don't see how this prooves anything, but I was hoping someone here would be able to elaborate on why this picture demonstrates anything other than a photographic anomoly.

www.wetaskiwintimes.com...

I beleive his claim is saying that the atmosphere is only observable during a lunar eclipse... (when his photos were taken)

so essentially, if we assume that, then we have to assume that this contrail is from the UFO in the moons atmosphere (high power telescope)
we wont see the moon, due to eclipse, but only the slight glare on the atmosphere.

I thought the same thing when i first saw this, and pointed it out to Johnlear.
but then did some careful reading, and saw that we wont see the moon in the pic...

and indeed... if that is a picture of the moons atmosphere, then there it is... plain as day, and quite a bit thicker than we are told... with a UFO changing directions very clearly...

I am curious... why wouldn't Baileys beads be visable thru a clean atmosphere?
one as thick and polluted as earths, understandable, but the moons would be another formula altogether wouldn't it?

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
what the hell?

umm okay the moon has a tiny bit of atmoshpere but it's negligble so tiny its useless basically

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I would maybe try posting your question on the "Questions for John Lear" thread.

He is a big "moon atmosphere" believer...says you can walk on the surface of the moon without more than supplemental oxygen.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
If you were to walk around on the moon surface with just oxygen what would protect you from the extremes of heat and cold....just like we have her on Earth which has an atmosphere?

top topics

join