It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underground Base - Dawsonville GA

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
PLEASE see my previous post.....

i have already told people where you can view all about the project and the place.

i sometimes think no one can see my posts !!!

snoopyuk

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Wow

After looking at the Us Radiation Sites list, I just realized something very strange about Georgia. If you look on the list for Georgia and find Turner AFB on the list...there is something ominous about this. Turner AFB is a former Strategic Air Command base and is now home of Tuner Job Corps in Albany, GA. I really wonder if there is indeed something strange going on out there. Job Corps is a no-cost education and vocational training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps young people ages 16 through 24 get a better job, make more money, and take control of their lives. I wonder if there are other forces at work here?

Here is the US Radiation Sites link

prop1.org...

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Not to bump an old topic that's been bumped many times before, but I attend a college up in North Georgia (around Dawsonville), and a lot of sketchy stuff goes on up there. For one, there's Camp Merrill, the mountain phase of the Ranger training schools, and there's a lot of weird stuff surrounding it. For instance huge signs on cyclone fencing, "US Army Property - No Tresspassing" with "Keep Out - Sewage Irrigation" signs a little bit farther down. And there are huge unmarked cement buildings just out in the middle of the woods. Once I was down there and five or six humvees came out of the Ranger base, followed us about half a mile, then turned down a gravel road to one of the huge buildings. It was really odd. Ever since I first went down that way over a year ago, I've gotten weird feelings about that place.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I don't find that terribly suspicious, they might have been taking rangers-to-be to one of the unmarked concrete buildings for training purposes. You just happened to be in front of them.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I GREW UP IN FORSYTH CO.,WHICH IS NEXT TO DAWSON CO.IN 1979 I HAD A MATH TEACHER IN HIGH SCHOOL WHO HAD WORKED AT THE LOCKHEED NUCLEAR FACILITY.HER HUSBAND DID TO.SHE WOULD SAY VERY LITTLE ABOUT IT.ONLY DEVELOPING A NUCLEAR AIRCRAFT.MY FATHER WENT TO WORK AT LOCKHEED AIRCRAFT IN COBB CO. IN 1964.WE ALL KNEW OF THIS AREA AND MANY A TEEN WENT FOUR WHEELING OR PARTYING OUT ON THIS PROPERTY.THE SEALED BUILDINGS ARE THERE AND THEY WERE RAILROAD TRACKS ALSO.NO RAILROAD RUNS NEAR DAWSON FOREST.MY TEACHER SAID THEY PUT OBJECTS ON FLATBED TRAIN CARS AND ROLLED THEM IN TO THE REACTOR.I HAVE SEEN TREES IN THIS AREA THAT WERE MALFORMED AND TWISTED.I USED TO HUNT ON ADJOINING PROPERTY IN THE 80'S AND WE ALWAYS JOKED ABOUT THE GLOWING DEER.I SAW MANY PIECES OF OLD FENCE THAT HAD RADIOACTIVE WARNING SIGNS ON THEM.THE NUCLEAR PLANE IDEA FAILED DUE TO THE WEIGHT REQUIRED IN LEAD SHIELDING FOR THE CREW.I CAME TO WORK FOR LOCKHEED IN 1984 AND STILL WORK THERE.ALMOST NOBODY HERE KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT THE DAWSONVILLE PROPERTY.MOST STILL DON'T.ITS KNOWN MOSTLY FOR MURDERS, THE MOST RECENT A KIDNAPPED HIKERS BODY WAS FOUND THERE.MY BROTHER CLAIMS THEY USED TO GO IN SOME OF THE ABANDONED BUILDINGS DRINKING AND MESSING AROUND.HE SAID YOU FOLLOWED TRAIN TRACKS DOWN IN THE GROUND BUT CAME TO WATER BEFORE YOU GOT ANYWHERE.THIS PROPERTY IS PUBLIC AND ALL CAN GO SEE.ALTHOUGH I WOULD SAY ITS PROBABLY GROWN OVER.AS FOR THE MYSTERIOUS RANGER CAMP IN NEARBY DAHLONEGA IT IS A MILITARY TRAINING BASE.I HAVE CAMPED AND TROUT FISHED NEARBY MANY TIMES.I'VE BEEN FOLLOWED BY MANY MILITARY VEHICLES.I'VE SEEN SOILDERS HIDING BEHIND TREES,RUNNING THROUGH WOODS AND WALKING THE MANY DIRT ROADS.I'VE BEEN AWAKENED BY HUEYS AND LOUD EXPLOSIONS MANY MORNINGS.BOTH SIGHTS WERE PICKED BECAUSE THEY WERE NOWHERE IN THIER DAYS.THE BOONIES.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Highground
Not to bump an old topic that's been bumped many times before, but I attend a college up in North Georgia (around Dawsonville), and a lot of sketchy stuff goes on up there. For one, there's Camp Merrill, the mountain phase of the Ranger training schools ...
Ever since I first went down that way over a year ago, I've gotten weird feelings about that place.

Camp Merrill is one of the places where the JEDI project was conducted- cf The Men Who Stare At Goats

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
there is a old gone magazine with a 5 legged doe. It was killed at dawson forest.Iam an Army RANGER now. Things whent on there when i was younger while trying to get in that did not make since know they do it is very well watched butt only key points. The hot building is one ive been in side there is more than one dump truck loade of dirt and concrete pilliers in tunnle 98".There were two big holes in the top; that appeared over nite that was my point of entery 2 times. The rail rooad rd. theres an shaft and hole in the wall butt the concret you could not bust with a jack hammer. Butt i do not think it leads to the big complex but you hit it and it echos for miles it sounds like it under ground anyway. I have lots of info including two master divers dieing down there some of my dads Ranger buddies one between two jeeps his rig got caught it was in a old paper.give feed back would like facility maps if there are any.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by hexed1911

Hey, I have a question.How far is this base from Fort Benning.We were stationed there when my dad was in the Army.Just wanted to know how close I was.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by stagg

Hi there stagg.

thanks for posting, any more info ??

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I was in Dawson Forest today. I live about 3 miles from there. There really isn't much to tell. A building with barbed wire around it, a couple of bridges that were taken down, and a few slabs of concrete where buildings used to be. I'm still looking for the "lethal fence" but the harvesting of the trees makes it hard to find.

It is an interesting place to hike and horseback however. Most traces of what was done there have vanished. The only devistation in the forest is the millions of pine trees the pine beetle has killed over the last few years. Parts of the forest is harvested and you see tags of harvest boundaries all over the place. I saw a few deer but they were normal looking.

Dawson Forest is more famous these days for murder bodies being dumped in it and several people have committed suicide there. It is a very remote area and you don't see many people there. That kind of gives the forest an errie feeling.

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble but there isn't too much to see there.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SneakySquirrel

I JUST WENT THERE THE ONE BUILLDEN THAT IS INSIDE THE FENCE IS THE HOT CELL BILDEN AND IS JUST ABOUT INPOSSIBLE TO GET IN TO. BUT THERE ARE ALOT OF OTHER BUILDENS THERE INCLUDING ONE THAT IS UNDER GROUND WITH A WALL STICKING UP ABOVE IT. THERE IS A HOLE IN THE WALL THAT YOU CAN CLIMB DOWN INTO. WE TOOK PICTURES THEY ARE ON MY MYSPACE (WWW.MYSPACE.COM/JWALL817) I WILL BE GLAD TO MEET UP WITH PEOPLE THAT ARE WANTING TO GO CHECK THE STUFF OUT. ITS ALL REALLY COOL TO EXPLORE AND THEE IS MORE STUFF TO FIND SO HIT ME UP

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Hey all. This is my first post. I have been to Dawson forest a few times, several years ago. I can't remember how I heard of this place but I did. I also heard and I don't remember from whom, that there are sensors in the trees in that area but I've never seen one myself. I remember whoever told me of these, jokingly said "if you find one and it's light is on you better run" or something to that extent.
The bridge mentioned in previous post is small, not hard to find, is about 1 maybe 2 car lengths max, covers a tiny dry stream bed and is easily traversible to the otherside on foot but I don't think my jeep would have made it. The roadway is missing but it's heavy duty foundation is still there and didn't appear to have any damage to it. Because of these things I thought it very odd at the time and wondered about it. If it hadn't been for an article in the news lately I may have forgotten about this place.
I live in lawrenceville Ga. Some friend of ours and our kids went for a day hike in the mountains near Helen. Two days later we heard that a woman went for a hike with her dog at that same location the day after us and then went missing, and the police were searching for a man that was spotted with her. They found the guy at a Waffle house in Helen a few days later and then it was reported that he killed her and dumped her body in Dawson Forest.
The news article listed the name of the facility in Dawson forest so I did some research and found you guys. This is an interesting place "Dawson forest" and now that I know more about it I plan to make another trip there in the near future. So thanks for the info.
If you wanna read about the guy that killed the girl then just do a google advanced search on Google News for exact phrase "Dawson forest" and you'll find it.

[edit on 24-2-2008 by 4x4fun]

[edit on 25-2-2008 by 4x4fun]

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
OK I just moved to Georgia in Dec, 07. I live about 20 minutes from this location. Thanks to this thread I am now aware of it. I live just north of Cumming, GA. Sooooo I guess this coming weekend I will take my happy self, my camera and my gillie suit, and see what the good old US GOV has up yonder. I'm guessing it won't be much..but I'll do my best to get a few pics for you all. I just hope I don't glow green when all is said and done.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hey!
I'd like to go check this out as well....i'd totally be down for an adventure. Except it has to be with a number of other people....wouldn't be a very good idea to go it alone. Who knows whats out there??!

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Just checked this out on GoogleEarth...
coords: 34deg 22'17.90'' N and 84 deg 09'34.20'' W

Zoom in ALOT....does that "patch" of forest look fake/misplaced to anyone?? Looks WAY too overgrown for that area.

Also, notice the classic white vehicle parked.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I Moved to the Helen area 1 month ago and while surfing Wikipedia I came across this info (en.wikipedia.org...)

which has a link to this site.

Some cool Diagrams, maps & links can be found here.

I'd be interested in taking the kids there one weekend to look around. No fence jumping or diving for me though!

[edit on 6-3-2008 by FTtransplant]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Well I went into the forest yesterday...3/9/08. I found all the sites that have been mentioned. They were neat to look at and wonder how major of an operation this must of been back in the day. It killed a BOATLOAD of nature...you can see it all over the area...dead trees that have been laying since this was an active site.

The ONLY suprising thing I found was just next to the old reactor housing I found a hole...where piping used to come out of the underground facility for electricity. The hole was big enough for me to drop a rock and listen for its distance to contact. Well SUPRISINGLY it took about 3 seconds. Doesn't sound like much but when I head it hit the water after that long of a drop I guessed about 20 feet deep to the water. Plus the echo of the splash was broad...so this is definitly a pretty big underground area.

I walked all over...and only saw 1 other person my entire time there...so its quite if you like to get away and enjoy gods creation "mother nature"

The radiation shield/blast wall right next to the open green field where they did the open tests on rats/animals is enormous.....I wish i did take a pic of that...I will next time..I am going back.

I will say this...if you have enough guys willing to literally comb that forrest...I bet you can still find traces of things that happened there. As for the other poster back a few pages...I did see an OLD radiation warning sign laying down...I agree...under some of that earth I bet lies a VERY dangerous pile of waste they just discarded...slowly and in due time it WILL make its second appearance!

[edit on 3/10/2008 by rcwj75]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
hi there,

excellent post rcwj75,

glad someone finally went there, did you take any Photos ??

again, well done
take care

snoopyuk

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I've been to Dawson Forest Several TImes. Years ago a friend went to atlanta to find documents from the freedon on information act, but we have a map of the place and diagrams of the surrounding area. The paperwork says the train tracks were for moving materials from one place to another, although the rails are long gone. The control bunker is covered with dirt but on one occasion it was open and you can enter it and walk down the stairs to where it is flooded. The stairs just go down into the water. There is another entrance to this bunker, a tunnel a few hundred feet away, which is covered with dirt as well. I've been in this and it leads slowly down to where the water is flooded. There is a drain in the floor and it trickles into it. Other times I have been back and they have covered the entrances over. Most of the buildings are reduced to concrete pads. The main building still standing is fenced and every pipe and window and entrance is blocked in with concrete. I have pictures, but I will have to scan them first- Old school film.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
And yet the occurances of cancer in the locals begining in 1961 doesn't bother anyone? Local citizens alive during that year living within a 2 mile radius have almost all died from one form of cancer or another, usually a rare and unheard of type. Perhaps the number of stillbirths that year and the following year should have alarmed someone.....no? I believe there is much more to this than a great place to explore and question. Real lives were and still are being affected. The local goverment built a new middle school within 2 miles of this site just a few years ago. Hundreds of 6-8th grade children currently attend school there.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join