It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dirty bomb threat at NFL Stadiums this weekend

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I'm always skeptical of "announced" terrorist plots. No true terrorist would warn anyone of his intended target before hand.

But misdirection is a oft-practiced tactic, as some pointed out earlier in this thread.

Although a truck could be used to deliver a dirty bomb, the bombers would have to risk detection and interception resulting from radiation leaking from their device. Unless they knew for a fact that their intended delivery route was free of DHS (Department of Homeland Security) sensors (And one wonders just how they might obtain that bit of sensitve information!), they would be risking the entire operation on pure luck.

In past threads, I have postulated that the greatest risk we face from terrorist-borne nuclear devices comes not from the air or the land, but from the sea.

Its ports are vital to the US economy. They are generally poorly defended, located near major cities, and by nature, serve as centers for transportation and commerce: perfect "soft-targets".

Why risk having your device detected in-transit, thwarting your attack on a target of little strategic value (although great psychological value); when you could attack a strategic economic target, with much greater chance of success, much more easily and with a much bigger bomb?

Of the seven cities mentioned in the memo, Six of them are Port cities!

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
If there's any attack, they'll suspend mid-term elections because it would be too dangerous to vote... Yeah right.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Isn't this the last weekend of ramadan? (spelling) Haven't we been posting that before or after it ends will be a disaster worse than 9-11. Why then is everyone saying no. I think we should be very careful here.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 04:24 AM
link   
America - land of the free and the home of the brave.

And here's everyone cowering under their beds at the thought of a dirty bomb.

Question: how many ACTUAL terrorist attacks have occurred since 9/11 (assuming that was real... and I don't personally)

How many "foiled terrorist plots" have there been? How much actual evidence for any of these has surfaced?

How many "terror alerts" have there been that have been shown to be utterly unfounded?

I rather think - though I haven't done any research on this - that the number of hyped-up alerts WAY outstrips all the other categories, and that people who believe that the government foils terror plots every day are just being way gullible and unwilling to face the fact that governments lie to you, every day, without fail, over and over and over. Freedom is slavery, war is peace, ignorance is strength.

and
to the people calling BS on this one. (Sneaks up behind everyone else, bursts balloon with loud bang and shouts BOO!)

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
AS I said before, who supports the Flyers????? Support a better team like... Colorado!! .. well any team except the Red Wings.

As my Avs friend calls them, the Crapalanche.

I thought crashing a plane into a stadium where millions of people would be watching would have a massive impact. Even more so than the Twin towers.

Could you imagine watching the World Cup final, the F1 grid or the Superbowl and seeing both teams and 100,000 people wiped out in an instant. It would be horrific.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Why would they tell us where they are going to bomb unless a. It's just some guy making it up, b. it's terrorists making it up or c. it's a diversionary tactic?

The 7 stadiums mentioned wont get bombed at least.

TG

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 05:16 AM
link   
maybe it was posted by someone who had inside knowledge of the attacks and wanted to warn people. i think it would be extremely unlikely that a terrorist would tell the world what they were about to do next

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
alex jones (same guy that predicted 9/11) predicted there would be a major terrorist attack (equal or more than 9/11) on our soil this month or next

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
or they want to warn muslims like they have been doing.

who knows maybe the bomb is already there, maybe their delivery method is too solid to be thwarted, and they like the idea that there will be extra security because they will accomplish their task with it, making the US homeland security look even more inept.

When there is insane people doing insane things, they tend to do things that dont make sense to normal people. why would a mass murderer visit the scenes of thier crimes? etc..

it could be diversionary, or it could just be the blatent truth, either way those stadiums are going to eventually fill up with ALOT of innocent citizens. We really have no way to stop terrorism since it can happen anywere at anytime. Life just needs to go on,people need to keep an open eye, and deal with things as they come, fear will be the downfall.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
America - land of the free and the home of the brave.

And here's everyone cowering under their beds at the thought of a dirty bomb.

Question: how many ACTUAL terrorist attacks have occurred since 9/11 (assuming that was real... and I don't personally)

How many "foiled terrorist plots" have there been? How much actual evidence for any of these has surfaced?

How many "terror alerts" have there been that have been shown to be utterly unfounded?

I rather think - though I haven't done any research on this - that the number of hyped-up alerts WAY outstrips all the other categories, and that people who believe that the government foils terror plots every day are just being way gullible and unwilling to face the fact that governments lie to you, every day, without fail, over and over and over. Freedom is slavery, war is peace, ignorance is strength.

and
to the people calling BS on this one. (Sneaks up behind everyone else, bursts balloon with loud bang and shouts BOO!)

I love this post.

So what should be done about this so called "threat"?

If it is ignored and the threat turns out to be real, the Government is to blame because they didn't do their job and protect it's citizens.

If the threat is honored and precautions are taken (like the games being cancelled) and the threat turns out to be false, then the Government is to be blamed because they over reacted.

If precautions are taken but the attacks occur anyway then the Government is to blame because they didn't do enough.

See where I'm going here? No matter what happens somebody can find something to blame the Government for. If I would have held a press confrence on 9/10/01 to announce that terrorists were going to crash airliners into buildings, I would have been locked up, pending a psychiatric evaluation. Then on 9/11/01 I would have been arrested as an accomplice.

Nice thing about this is that no matter what happens ATS makes out because there is always something to blame the Government for.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Homeland Security says that the plot is not real. They believe its some kind of a hoax.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I think they should raise the alert even if they think it is not credible. The USA only needs a (small) one to go off anywhere.

On Fox News they said the CIA have the user name and IP of this poster.

With Philly you not only have the Stadiums right on 95 but you might as well say the airport is right across the street and shipping on Delaware Ave. is just down the road.

We as a people have a short attention span, we all need to be aware every waking moment of our surroundings.

I do think that our borders now need to be closed also.

God bless America and I sure hope this isn't what they are counting on to proclaim Marshall Law.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
From what I have learned, it was stated that the matrerials were bought across the Mexican border by AQ agents. The DHS is stating that it is not a 'credible' threat, but out of caution they have warned the NFL.

Also, again, Philly is playing in Tampa, which is a few miles from CENTCOM/SOCOM, which controls the Middle East and Special forces, which would be a perfect target.

Vigilance is needed, not paranoia. Like another poster stated, you are damned if you do, damned if you don't. We as a nation have again become complacent to the fact that there are people in the world who do not like us, not our government, but our way of life and the waste of resources as their own families starve and die.

Ramadan, a recording breaking Dow average and disruption to elections. This would be a trifecta.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
www.breitbart.com...

FBI is questioning someone in connection with the posting of the threat/warning.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I'll try not to take my usual direction but here goes.

Yes I understand this forum is to debate - But what are we debating here? The same old thing about is there a cover up, is this going to happen, who is where, what SHALL we do

I'll tell you what to do ............ Chill out

One day you will die, I know this because you were born. You may get killed driving on the way home from work tonight.
There are 10,000's of people who are working on these issues every day.

Relax, smile and enjoy the day.

There is actually NOTHING here - just the same old 'The world is going to end in 2 weeks' How many times have we all read that type of post.

Here and now I shall state, if anything bad happens I shall come into work on Monday and with my first cu of coffee take off my underpants and eat them for breakfast.

Have a good weekend everyone

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
One also has to note that google cache is the only way to view the post, as the site where it was posted is now pulled down. I would say from way too much traffic normally, but it appears the DNS entries have been removed from the domain name at the registrar level.

www.dnsstuff.com...

no hops at all as of this post.

[edit on 19-10-2006 by smirkley]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
This is just more smoke being blown up the sheep's ass. Sports radio here in Tampa all morning has hung on to this subject and callers are demanding that stadium entry pat downs be brought back in. They were ruled unconstutional here back in July by a District Court judge. More fear, more well directed blather.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Stadium pat downs should be mandatory, it is not a violation of any rights. These are blanket warnings that the media picks up and it is informative. I will be in section 217 this weekend with my son so I hope nothing happens. Is it going to stp me from going, nope...

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Well I too am planning to attend a major sporting event, and nothing will stop me from enjoying it at all.

Since 911, I have just become desensitized to any worries,.. and for me, life goes on.

See me on TV !!

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The FBI is indeed questioning a person about this. He's suppsoedly an associate of Muhammad Attas.

The plot is for 9 NFL Stadiums this weekend. The TV news said them but I don't remember them all ... NYC was one .. Philly wasn't on the list. No game I guess (i'm not a fooball person, so I don't know)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join