It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lighting the cigarrette

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Bonjour,

If you haven't figured it out i am The smoking man the second. I'm sure there are plenty of nerds out there who know who the original smoking man was but for those who don't, he was the devil like antangonist from the X-files. Like him, i promote america and even though this is a conspiracy website and full of people who want to know the truth i firmly believe that "there are truths which can kill a nation" so therefor, some things need to be kept secret. I'm knew here and some of my ideas are way out there, please feel free to respond, but be nice you know the rules. Anyway, this is my intro nice to meet you.
Smoking man.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Hello & Welcome Thesmokingman2.

I hope you enjoy your stay

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Hello, and Welcome to ATS

Enjoy your stay

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Welcome!

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
We are of a like mind, smoker, but of course there are limits to everything and I suppose that it is a function of ATS to discuss those limits.

Enjoy your stay.

There are lots of handy tips available in the Handbook of ATS Links.

Here are some Smokin' BBQ Threads (Important Website-Related Topics).

Configuring your MyATS page is the easiest way to put the ATS universe at your fingertips.

Be sure to check out Social Issues on PTS. I'm sure you will find the atmosphere to be friendly, enlightening, and rewarding.

Here's an excellent little, unobtrusive spell checker, in case you need one: IESpell 2.1.1 build 325

A convenient text editor also comes in handy when composing those epic posts: EditPad Lite.

Sooner or later you will find a use for TinyURL!™

Oh, and vote for the Automotive Forum.

Grady

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I smoke as much as I possibly can, usually self-rolled like Drum or Samson or something since they've raised the taxes astronomically here in New York on traditional cigarettes.

Anyway, welcome!!!

[edit on 10/18/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Welcome, SmokingMan2.

I agree with some of what you had to say. I agree wholeheartedly with the idea that there are a lot of things that must be kept secret. Being an American citizen doesn't give us the right to know every single government secret. Some things are kept secret for our own good. It angers me to no end when I see certain people, and especially politicians, expose government secrets for their own political gain or because they object to what the secret is about or the fact that it's kept secret at all. Some people just don't understand the ramifications of having our enemies know our government and military secrets. It's one of the reasons why I am in favor of the death penalty when it comes to crimes of treason. It seems like we don't take those crimes seriously like we used to. These days we catch people in our own government spying on behalf of, and sending confidential intelligence to, countries like Russia, Israel and China and all they get is some jail time and a slap on the wrist. When faced with the small chance of jail time vs. the lucrative business of selling state secrets, I can see why many take the risk. If we actually used the death penalty like we once did then this may discourage future spying. I apologize if I took your introduction post and rambled on and on!

But one question before I go... I see that you are a man who defends America. I respect that and I consider myself to be in the same league. My question is this, though: are you here to be a mouthpiece for the U.S. who will defend them at all costs, even when you disagree with our government's actions on a personal level? And are you willing to engage in the posting of lies and/or propaganda on ATS just to further the cause of the US? Well, I guess that's two questions. My bad!

Anyway, once again, welcome to ATS! Just to let you know, you're in the minority on here as a man who supports and defends the American government. You will be attacked, mocked and hounded with every pro-American post that you make. You'll even be mocked for posts that have nothing to do with the U.S. or its interests, just because certain members will remember you as a pro-US guy. Just remember to keep your head up and pay no attention to the anti-American naysayers here on ATS! We're outnumbered, but we're not alone!

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
What are you smoking, smoking man? It's good to have people that smoke because they are being willed out of existance by the NWO cabal because nicotine may cause them to see things they are not supposed to see.

Welcome.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Welcome smokingman.

I disagree with your stance on secrets. Most of them are uncomfortable, dangerous, embarassing, or destructive to various degrees, but I believe firmly in the over-arching power of truth.

There are consequences that come with keeping secrets, and one can only hold them at bay for so long. I think governments keep secrets for the simple fact that it expedites their plans and their climb to power, without all the sticky business of telling the citizens uncomfortable truths about the future, and of course the past.

So I'm sure we'll have lots to discuss.

BTW, I'm a smoker, but I never realized djohnsto smoked! My brother from another mother! Smoke 'em if you got 'em, RAR RAR!

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Thank you for all welcoming me, i'm sorry to say that i am not an actual smoker. "The smoking man" is reference to men inside the shadow government, sorry if that bums some of you out, but like i said i'm here to defend america. Someone asked if i defend everything america or something like that. I'm a religious man, so i can't honestly say i support everything america because God says otherwise (please no bashing because i believe in God, at least not here). BUT, the government seems to be good at controlling information so if i worked for the government and they told me to eliminate someone i supposed thru propoganda and selective information i could be manipulated to stand for anything the government wants and still stand within the confines of my religion.

new topics

top topics

join