It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travis Walton on Jerry Springer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I've always loved watching Jerry Springer, it's a guilty pleasure of mine. I don't recall ever seeing this episode with Travis Walton and a guy named Riley Martin who I recall from the Howard Stern Show.

I personally believe that the things that Walton claims really happened to him. Do their stories somehow seem less credible because of their appearance on TV shows such as Springer's and radio shows such as Stern's?

Here are the two video links:

Link - Part 1

Link - Part 2

Peace

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I am not even sure who Travis Walton is, but any of his claims are questionable if he appears on such shows as Jerry Springer.

[edit on 18-10-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Travis Walton was the subject of the movie Fire in the Sky. Allegedly he was abducted by aliens for five days and they performed some pretty horrific experiments on him.

You should watch it, it's a pretty good flick.

Peace

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I have read and re-read Walton's account of the abduction and the "other" eyewitness reports. I also understand a "gossip rag" tried to discredit his account. Appearing on Jerry Springer isn't a bad thing. In fact, it is a far cry from the normal guest list (unless travis is the father of an alien baby).

My personal opinion is that the public relations vehicle behind Walton is taking down the wrong path!

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Yeah, I heard about the "Fire in the sky" movie. I haven't seen it yet.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
His appearance on JS was quite a few years ago when it was a much more serious show, nothing like the JS show everyone is familiar with. They drastically changed the format due to very poor ratings into the nasty, brawling debacle it is today.

Just look at Jerry! Doesn't he look much younger in that tape than he does now?

Whether it was aliens or some black ops thing, something happened to Travis and his crew.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Nah, Travis' reputation has been cast already over the years. Ole Jerry wont tarnish it, if anything it sparks fresh debates and generates new interest.

For what it is worth, I too feel he was subjected to some real horror. I wish he was more public about it.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I watched both of those clips.
They barely spoke to Travis Walton.

Riley Martin was not convincing at all. He may not be lying, he could be crazy.
I have a problem putting faith in something he "remembered" out of the blue that happened 35 years ago. Predicting that humans will destroy the ecosystem in the future is a good guess. But aliens killed the dinosaurs ? Aliens told him about AIDS ? Aliens tell him when an earthquake will occur within 24 hours ?

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
His appearance on JS was quite a few years ago when it was a much more serious show, nothing like the JS show everyone is familiar with. They drastically changed the format due to very poor ratings into the nasty, brawling debacle it is today.

Yeah,when he first started out he actually had a decent show. Now it's transpired into garbage.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Thanks for the post, I'll check out the links.

Fire In The Sky is one of my favorite movies.

Apparantly the movie dramatizes the events, and later Travis told the real version. Which you can find in part on his website. Still I wonder, if the movie was portraying the events as they were, and maybe afterwards Travis was told to tell it a different way? Have the aliens appear "nicer". Who knows. I just found the movie to have a more authentic feel to it, as opposed to his version on his site. But is was also a very well acted and directed movie !

As for Jerry, his show does tend to cheapen things. I don't wacth those kind of shows. I can't stand Howard Stern.

I have only seen Travis on Larry King, he didn't say much.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I think he tried the public speaking route and ended up with the same problem as those that came before him....the great lengths people will go through to discredit him! Those that have inside knowledge of ET seem to be branded as either crackpots or nut cases.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
But aliens killed the dinosaurs ?

In all honesty I've always thought this to be a possibility, even mentioning it here on ATS once or twice. Could their extinction be a result of what we've always been taught....sure, but is it really so hard to believe, assuming you believe in other more technically advanced beings in the universe, that Earth was perfectly suited for mankind all except for dinosaurs and that dinosaurs were killed off on purpose?

Peace

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Fire in the Sky is an awesome movie.

I saw it for the first time when I was originally starting to get into alternative theories and it freaked me out.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Jerry Springer "Ok Travis your on this show because Xenotora here says your the father of her baby Gwagool."

Travis Walton" It's a lie Jerry she got knocked up by some other dude. The farmer down the road."

JS-"well lets see what Xenotora has to say about it....Xenotora!"

Xenotora " Travis! You lien' no good bum, you know the baby's yours!! Don't you remember how romantic that night was!"

TW "Romantic my ass! Listen Jerry first she had this blue beam, made me feel all funny n' stuff, then she got this probe thingy and she-"

JS "Sorry to cut you off there Travis but the DNA results are in!"

Xenotora "Thats right Jerry,Thats right the results are in! Travis you bum you payn' me child support! I need 200 zagdars a week for our child. Do you know how much it eats!?! Huh, Travis. Any idea how many cows I gotta liquify every week for our baby! I do all the work while you goof off and cut trees down all day!

TW-"Now listin here that thiung is not my baby, it don't even look like me.

SP- "well even though for safety reasons the uh 'child' can't come on set, but I did see it before the show in it's holding pen in the parking lot, and I gotta agree with Travis here Xenotora the baby doesn't look like him. It doesn't even look like it's got any human in it at all!!"

TW- "Thats right my baby is parked in the lot right now and it's my motorcycle."

Xenotara "Travis you a bum you gunna pay our babies child support."

JS "well lets see what theDNA results have to say."

Xenotora-"uh huh thats right lets see the proof. Yeah baby!"

JS "All right here we go. Travis- in the matter of the peaternity of baby Qwazool, and the mother of said child Xenotora- You are................................................................NOT the babys father!!!"

TW- jumps out of chair in triumph "YES! YES! YES! OH THANK GOD!!!"

Xenotora- green slime starts squirting profusely from her various body parts, and begins to wail.

"Its a lie Jerry a lie. The test must be wrong!"

JS- "well thats it for todays episode. Next week well have Xenotora back and farmer Bob from down the street. Good night everybody."

fades out with the sound of Xenotora still wailing.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Jerry Springer "Ok Travis your on this show because Xenotora here says your the father of her baby Gwagool."

Travis Walton" It's a lie Jerry she got knocked up by some other dude. The farmer down the road."

JS-"well lets see what Xenotora has to say about it....Xenotora!"

Xenotora " Travis! You lien' no good bum, you know the baby's yours!! Don't you remember how romantic that night was!"

TW "Romantic my ass! Listen Jerry first she had this blue beam, made me feel all funny n' stuff, then she got this probe thingy and she-"

JS "Sorry to cut you off there Travis but the DNA results are in!"

Xenotora "Thats right Jerry,Thats right the results are in! Travis you bum you payn' me child support! I need 200 zagdars a week for our child. Do you know how much it eats!?! Huh, Travis. Any idea how many cows I gotta liquify every week for our baby! I do all the work while you goof off and cut trees down all day!

TW-"Now listin here that thiung is not my baby, it don't even look like me.

SP- "well even though for safety reasons the uh 'child' can't come on set, but I did see it before the show in it's holding pen in the parking lot, and I gotta agree with Travis here Xenotora the baby doesn't look like him. It doesn't even look like it's got any human in it at all!!"

TW- "Thats right my baby is parked in the lot right now and it's my motorcycle."

Xenotara "Travis you a bum you gunna pay our babies child support."

JS "well lets see what theDNA results have to say."

Xenotora-"uh huh thats right lets see the proof. Yeah baby!"

JS "All right here we go. Travis- in the matter of the peaternity of baby Qwazool, and the mother of said child Xenotora- You are................................................................NOT the babys father!!!"

TW- jumps out of chair in triumph "YES! YES! YES! OH THANK GOD!!!"

Xenotora- green slime starts squirting profusely from her various body parts, and begins to wail.

"Its a lie Jerry a lie. The test must be wrong!"

JS- "well thats it for todays episode. Next week well have Xenotora back and farmer Bob from down the street. Good night everybody."

fades out with the sound of Xenotora still wailing.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Originally posted by Schaden
But aliens killed the dinosaurs ?

In all honesty I've always thought this to be a possibility, even mentioning it here on ATS once or twice. Could their extinction be a result of what we've always been taught....sure, but is it really so hard to believe, assuming you believe in other more technically advanced beings in the universe, that Earth was perfectly suited for mankind all except for dinosaurs and that dinosaurs were killed off on purpose?

Peace

The claim wasn't too outlandish as far as what passes in the UFO world, but his answer to a lot of the questions was "buy the book". I looked at his website and he says the aliens killed the dinosaurs with nuclear weapons. That seems to me like an unlikely method.

I wished Travis Walton would have had the chance to talk more. It seems like the first half of the show is missing ? It was funny what his inlaw said about their two relative experiences being different. At least he was polite.
I think Walton's encounter is infinitely more believable.
I would not put him and Riley Martin on the same stage.
YMMV

[edit on 18-10-2006 by Schaden]

[edit on 18-10-2006 by Schaden]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
The Travis Walton case is probably one of the most credible out there, because you have:

A) A few people who all coroberate where they left Travis and what had happened.
B) An actual police hunt and investigation starting to question weather the group of people made the story up to cover up some type of murder.
C) Travis being found days later coroberating everybody else's story, adding a ton more about what he remembered happening to him durring the time...

Truth be told, if you ever wanted to fake a UFO story, this would be the way to do it. But I highly doubt most people would be able to pull off everything that happened here, the way it happened, without at least someone or something breaking further down the line...

I just doubt this can be anything other than a ligetimate story...

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Travis doesn't talk much in these clips either ! I wish he'd say somethng.

That Riley guy is a full of it. As soon as he came out with the Olivia Newton Jonn heaband, that did it for me right there !

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 05:16 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Its seems very silly to discredit someone's story about UFO's/ abductions (sorry about spelling) if there is NO truth to it, and I always like to think the best of people no matter where they come from,

So using this logic dosen't it seem that the more that someone try's to discredit the story then there must be a lot, if not all of what is being said, must be true?

More so when you have something like the film fire in the sky is based off of a true and witnessed event and the persons involved have not (to my knowledge) revoked their testominoies they gave to the police or other officals.

I belive that the closer to the truth that someone gets and starts to talk then, they get discredited very quickly and made to look like a fraud and people will not take anything the have to say seriously, and the end result is that those who believe/ know that UFO's are real just get laughed at and ridiculled for their stand.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join