It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The FBI Wants to track your online activities

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   
FEDS SCHMEDS... Do you think the Feds are gonna come downunda and get me for daring to speak my mind. I challenge the US government to shut me or anyone else up just because we are smart enough to see through their BS. Do ya think they might make me disappear...maybe I'll have an nasty accident...maybe I'll get zapped by microwaves....or taken to Area 51 and be experimented on

Yeah right..track away til your heart's content

Methinks the FEDS and the US Government got a lot to hide

Can't help what I think...even if it is RIGHT !!!

resi

[edit on 19-10-2006 by resistancia]

[edit on 19-10-2006 by resistancia]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by resistancia
FEDS SCHMEDS... Do you think the Feds are gonna come downunda and get me for daring to speak my mind. I challenge the US government to shut me or anyone else up just because we are smart enough to see through their BS. Do ya think they might make me disappear...maybe I'll have an nasty accident...maybe I'll get zapped by microwaves....or taken to Area 51 and be experimented on

Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but eventually one day there will be a One World Government, where to your suprise, they will have control "downunda". The New Weird Order that several governments are working to piece together isn't a dream. It is very very real. But that is a completely different subject that falls unto another thread.

Anyrate, just the same as I, please feel free to share your voice. Until that unalienable right is removed from "black and white", EVERYONE should speak up. It may not simply be enough to re-pave the road we're all heading down, but it should be enough to get the road extended a little bit.

Whether or not you are smart, that has nothing to do with it. Your "smart" government was happy as a pig in $h*t to jump on board and blow the crap out of Iraq... for what? WMD? Guess what pal, there wasn't any and all the "smart" governments knew it.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by akg
Why be so upset if you aren't doing anything illegal?

I'm sure a lot of GITMO detainees asked themselves the same question.
If you're not doing anything wrong, there's nothing to fear...

Originally posted by resistancia

If memory serves, there's a chap from Oz who's been held, without charges, for four months in GITMO, being tortured, incommunicato. Why did they abduct him? Something to do with terrorism... yeah. "Something to do with terrorism" is a really convenient charge nowadays, and, surprise, Oz and every other UK state is letting the US just waltz in, grab citizens, and throw them in an invisible torture chamber for "something to do with terrorism."

And what's more, apparently our delightful congress just passed a bill, which Bushi just signed, which states they don't have to ever tell you why you're being taken, and they still don't have to bring charges against you, can hold you indefinitely, without a lawyer, and, here's the best part, they can torture you too! Oh, it technically says they can't torture, but it leaves plenty loopholes such as genital mutilation, which most (including myself) would consider torture.

So laugh away, laugh all the way to GITMO, man. Hoooooodeehooo!, that's some funny shiznit there. Lemme know how it works out when--oh--hah, nevermind, you won't be allowed to let me know how it works out, because no one will have any idea where you are, what happened to you, or why you were taken, until they decide they're done with you...

...and there's a pretty good chance that they aren't going to let you live afterward.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Infoholic,

Yeah the Australian government are as happy as pigs in S**T and I am ashamed of them too. They are morons who were and are still being lied to. I gives me no
comfort knowing that thousands of innocent people are being killed for a lie.

I am voicing my disgust at what goes on and how we are all caught up in it.

I find it extremely irritating to think that some government organisation wants to tell me what to think and keep it to myself. That is just not going to happen. It is bullying and I as a human being do not have to tolerate bullying behaviour from anyone. I also have the right to educate myself and if I decide to do it online then I will. Curiosity is, after all a human condition. I get it now, we are going to lose the right to be human and question what we see.

Perhaps I should just shut the **** up and be dictated to the US, Australian government , FEDS and some people in ATS ? I DO NOT THINK SO.

In Pace
resi

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
thelibra,

I am no threat to anyone... I just read a lot and have an opinion.

I will not apologise for that nor will I apologise to the FEDS !!

In Pace
resi

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by akg
Why be so upset if you aren't doing anything illegal? I at least wont care much if they know i surf conspiracy forums or know what i order online if they can be more efficient catching terroists/sexual predators, but hey, everyone is different.

What is freedom?

Freedom, to me, is the right to speak our minds (free speech) so long as it doesn't impede on another citizens rights or incite people to commit violence. Freedom is the right to live peacefully without concern of unreasonable search and seizure at the hands of our government. Freedom is the right to speak out (non-threateningly) against our government and our elected officials.

I guess the issue here is if you consider you internet activity to be the same as the rest of your life. Would you want uncle sam knowing where you went today and everyday hereafter. Every store you visited, what books or products you looked at while you were there and who you talked to in that store/coffee shop/night club and what you said. Would you want them to be collecting this information on you even if you had yet to come under their radar for doing anything, collecting the info just in case one day the need it.

Alogn the same reasoning, if your stopped for speeding (or any other infraction) and barring any probable cause ... would you consent to a voluntary search of your vehicle? I wouldn't and there's absolutely nothing in my car to find but to me it's the concept of privacy ... if you have reason you don't need to ask me ... if you don't have reason then too bad.

That being said. I really don't think the FBI is going to take the time to go and harass any and everyone who posts anything at all against the administration. They simply don't have those kind of resources. At the same time I can see the concern with people worrying about the information being collected. Unlike the wiretap program which was a federal agency carrying out warrantless wire taps this is a requirement for the ISPs to record activity that is transmitted through their sites. I didn't see how long they want the records to be retained. I would be more worried if the FBI was requiring the records to be turned over to them and held by the FBI or if the FBI was conducting a internet style wiretap program and collecting the information themselves without any warrant or ongoing investigation.

This, to me, would be similiar to the financial transactions that are already required to be recorded by banks and therefore can be subpoened by the FBI during an investigation. If a private company holds records on a citizen and the FBI wants to see those records they need to go before a judge and state at least the outlines of a case and some shreds of evidence in order to get a subpoena issued for the collection of those records.

I can see the FBI's concern ... they find a website with extremists statements, maybe enough statements to link them to a few known terrorists ... they want to know if the website is being used/accessed/updated from within the US. If it is, they would obviously like to talk (or monitor) the involved parties to determine a threat. For those that complain the government "allowed 9/11 to happen" ... by not being proactive in this sort of investigation could allow another 9/11 to occur.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
You can (for now) thwart any tracking efforts just by starting to use a browser called "Torpark". Torpark randomly changes your url and other things, plus it encrypts your data--even your ISP won't know what you have been up to. BTW, Torpark is free, You can download it at:
cache.spurl.net...

Torpark is small and efficient and portable. If you put it on a flash card or USB key drive you can install it on just about any computer you happen to sit down in front of and remove it when you're done. It has tabbed browsing, etc. as well.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I posted this reply on another topic as well.

Get Peer Guardian. It's a free IP blocker that prevents your PC from connecting to any 'bad' IPs, such as goverments, educational, spyware, and military PCs.

It's free, and doesn't hog any CPU while it runs in the background.

Keeps a real time log of blocked IPs, and lets you know what company/agency it belongs to.

Protect your privacy... this is a new age where ID theft is the new crime. Be careful out there.

EDIT - phoenixlabs.org...

[edit on 20-10-2006 by quintar]

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I agree that no one has the right to track where I go on the computer.

So why is it everytime that 'our rights' have been 'taken away', somebody screams, 'oh, off to the death camps for us'. Everybody does this!

And then when someone points out the obvious, that if you're not doing anything illegal you don't have anything to worry about, then somebody comes back and says 'that's not the point'!?

Then what IS the point?

I'm not going to buy into fear about the government looking at my internet records or listening to my phone calls. I think it would be pretty funny and a waste of their time to do so, enough so that if they did, they would probably be inclined to abandon the program anyway, especially if enough people were also not doing anything illegal.

Deep within our hearts, these things have much less to do with 'rights' and a lot more to do with something else altogether, but I have no idea what it is.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
You have to assume that they ALREADY are recording everying you do on-line. It fits the pattern. First you do it, and then you change the law to make it legal. Ring a bell anyone?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join