It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War on Terror is ran by complete Ignorance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
First it's not a war it's a conflict but let's pretend it is to sell some more flag lapel pins because god knows that is we need constant reassurance about how much America means.

The fact that we have acolytes,sycophants and apologists trying to shout down the obvious is a strange time to live in this country.

This war couldn't be more of a failure if it was a film sequel "Gigli II:4 freedom"
That would be a success compared to this utter trite nonsense about "For da trooops"
You are degrading the soldiers everytime you say that. That's a ignorant political talking point thrown out by the RNC fwd'd mailwise to every donor and media personality. Being for the army is also protecting your national resources on defense.
And if you support this you are damn sure not doing that for 3 years. AND we better start now.

And I listen attentively to the debate put forward and it's so beyond naive. These troops aren't being supported with the proper medical care. This administration has slashed more than any administration for the VA/Military treatment. That is a fact and the republicans want to claim Pro Military? GET the hell out of here with that b.s. GO to VAwatch.org

"But what would you do" First off I wouldn't wage war if I didn't know what the hell I was doing. If that's all you have to hold power, it's pretty pathetic to continue not to have a strategy or realize you have no business in conducting a war. I don't just wake up out of bed and say "Hmm we need to change regimes but since Im a chickenhawk and my vice president is 5 time DEFERRMENT from serving Vietnam then I guess will just wait til we have a pretext." And then 9/11 happened.

16 detainees came out this week and mentioned their abuse for 4 years in Git'mo. Yet the sycophants say it's lies and "media propaganda" Hello? It's time to face the truth. THIS country is complicit for torturing innocents because of paranoid delusions of self righteous messianic nationalist complex. Put your feet down and stop marching and dismantle your jingoism before it destroys this country.

This faux patriotism is out of control. And what i notice most is this pavlov dog syndrome that so many are obviously afflicted with. And yet so many in this country don't get it. Most of us don't have a stake in this war. Most are drenched in symbols and theatrical bravado so much you think this is what America is about. And it's not.
This country is more than a slogan. It's more than a bumper sticker and it's definitely more than a op-ed pundit who says he loves his country ad nauseam.

We can't afford this war anymore and it's a wrap. If you want to engage "enemy" on the grid then knock yourself out and realize you probably will get leveled because you have no plan and virtually no reference point for a battle such as this. Just because you play "Call of Duty" or watch "24" on tivo repeatedly DOES not make you a expert on Terror and Defense. Im talking about armchair warriors. Hell most of these ilk are oblivious what the veterans face from this G.O.P. sadistic health plan. You can't spare anything for the ones who gave you your failed war? God, is this so sickening that people cheerlead for this septic sess pool philosophy littered with corruption/deception/hypocrisy on a level we have never been at this country in a time of a conflict such as this. A

And that doesn't make you left. And I love these types who patronize every point of view that isn't theirs. Because God knows your point of view is messanic and above criticism. And that's why so many pull the card of "BASHING" Because they can't handle honest criticism of their chosen elected officials that symbolically reflect them and the utter mess they cosigned on. But you need to dead THAT and face the gutwrenching truth. You picked a tried and true loser of an administration,period.

I end this with 10 GI's died today. Mission F-A I L E D

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Well said Mrgerbik, if you pardon the pun I think some Americans need a bomb under them to get them into action and to see what the Goverment is doing.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
MrGerbik I wouldn't really say its ran with Ignorance, as its been actually quite ingenious, its been FUELED by ignorance can be more accurate. I mean really its quite ingenious that an administration can go from "WMD's are going to strike on American soil" to "We are there to free the Iraqi people from the evils of Saddam Hussein" and actually get away with that, and actually have people repeat it and believe it as though that were the actual reason why we went there is amazing in itself. To further that ignorance you have people actually going around posting messages about how Iraq's Health, Education and Hospitals system are being improved when there was nothing wrong with them to begin with until they were bombed out of existence. Billions of dollars wasted and/or misappropriated or stolen. I hope we will alway remember this point in history and never again jump into the sack before making sure we are well protected and know what we are being told is the truth.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Well, if you wanna get technical, the title of this thread conatains grammatical errors in which some cases can be construed as ignorance in itself. Lets not get carried away calling certain policies ignorant. Hindsight however is 20/20 and mistakes have been made no doubt, but show me a war of any kind that went flawlessly?

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I will add my point to this thread.

In my view, this war is being run exactly as planned. Iraq is in turmoil. The puppet Iraqi regime is as corrupt as the American regime. According to Pentagon documents, the plan was not to "free the Iraqi people", but it actually was to split the country into 3 or 4 sectors and foment endless sectarian violence. Why?

To ensure that the country remains in turmoil to ensure that defense contractors and arms dealers (who control and fund your presidential elections) make as much profits as possible. Think about it. Do Arms and Defense and Oil companies make more money if the war lasts 1 year? Or the projected decade? Or even "generation after generation" as put by VP Dick Cheney.

Ignorance is keeping this war going. Ignorance is supporting this war, this massacre. Ignorance is not speaking out against the blatant evil, which is so painfully obvious now, it is a miracle if ones cant see it yet. Evil feeds off ignorance. Knowledge is power. It isnt very hard to understand.

Im open to any opposing or supporting views. Namaste. Love and Light to you all.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I thought the US fought this war over oil? If so, then where is it?

top topics

join