It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamics Murdered While Praying

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Murdered while praying

Algeria. (Apparently) Islamic security guards murdered while praying. Algeria suspects Al-qaida connections in the murders.

Muslims murdering fellow Muslims while they are in prayer. Islam on Islam crime. Then we have Shiites against Sunni. And we read about 'Good Muslims' killing Muslims who aren't 'muslim enough'. Then there are the honor killings ... And yet the west is beat up by many muslims who claim we are in a war against their religion. Frankly, it really looks to me like they (islamics) are in a war with themselves.

Edited for spelling

[edit on 10/18/2006 by FlyersFan]

Edit to fix a slight glitch.

[edit on 10-18-2006 by Djarums]

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Well put,

They are at war with themselves. Look at Iraq... a HUGE percent of the deaths over there is caused by other muslims.

Most muslims are ok... but why kill someone of your fellow religion in the name of that same religion?

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Frankly, it really looks to me like they (islamics) are in a war with themselves.

Infighting or secular fighting within the Muslim religion is nothing new, it has been going on for years. If it was in fact AQ my guess would be they were trying to scare moderates hoping they will join up with the fanatics.

As for attacking them while praying I think that too has also taken place in the past at mosques while funerals or prayers were going on.

[edit on 10/18/2006 by shots]

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Conflict of Interest?
You said that most of this is Islam against Islam. That's a nice catch, but you arent looking into it deep enough.
The news article suggests it was the work of GSPC.
GSPC is a formed by Hassan Hattab after leaving GIA.

Why did he leave GIA? He left under protest of killing innocent life.
Now he (his group) is suspected to have killed 8 innocents?

Something here doesn't add up.
I think there is more to this story than what we are being told.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
One of the reasons I come to this great site is to get to listen to some of the "abovetopsecret" facts of them, maybe you should've get more deep into this article and post some better arguments...

The fact that your using Iraq as a great support... Are you kidding? Since US blew up that Mosque there(search prior threads for proof & opinions) that sparked huge SUNNI vs SHIA civil-war so you can't use that argument...

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gear
Conflict of Interest?
You said that most of this is Islam against Islam. That's a nice catch, but you arent looking into it deep enough.
The news article suggests it was the work of GSPC.
GSPC is a formed by Hassan Hattab after leaving GIA.

Why did he leave GIA? He left under protest of killing innocent life.
Now he (his group) is suspected to have killed 8 innocents?

Something here doesn't add up.
I think there is more to this story than what we are being told.

Hey Gear,

Does sound a bit odd.

Do you have any links to the information you have put forth? I would like to read up on the story in question.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Hey!! It's wrong of you people to critize the 'Religion of Peace'

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
In the news article posted it says that most of the rebel's are believed to belong to the GSPC... which just rang a bell.

The first google of Hassan Hattab comes up as a Wiki article. Is that what your after? Or something else?

He broke with the GIA on September 14, 1998, rejecting its takfirist policy of massacring Algerian civilians en masse and accusing it of being infiltrated by the Algerian secret services.

**I just read that he lost control after 2001... My bad. Please disregard above posts.

Still...it's pretty interesting.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Excellent! Lets leave them to wipe themselves from the face of the planet.

Muslim = Trouble, War, Problems!

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Extremist Muslims targeting moderate Muslims is nothing new.

The death toll from these extremists among Muslims has been far higher that among Westerners - it's something our own extremists like the poster above would do well to remember - we are embroiled in a conflict that is actually a civil war within the Islamic world far more than it is actually a conflict with the West.

In fact it can be argued that the supposed "cultural conflict" with the West is actually just a tactic by the extremists to get more Muslims into their corner.

[edit on 10/18/06 by xmotex]

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bayleaf
Excellent! Lets leave them to wipe themselves from the face of the planet.

Muslim = Trouble, War, Problems!

That's an incredibly cold and racist thing to say after hearing this tragic story. I think you could and should get a warn for posting that sort of thing.
Sometimes I think that the world is really going down the pan.:shk:

[edit on 18-10-2006 by Xeros]

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I think it is sad people are killing themselves over religions, and even factions in a religion.

So what people are different. Don't blow them up over the fact people are different.

I don't blow people up because they are inferior right handed people. Us left handed people just chuckle at the 90% masses of "Sheeple" who use their right hand because of the Jewish/muslim/christian and Bob Barker (spade and nuetered by butt) control ilumanti Alien conspiracy.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Frankly, it really looks to me like they (islamics) are in a war with themselves.

Indeed, and this is what people need to pay more attention too. Its even been argued that 911 had more to do with internal-domestic Saudi politics than 'civilization wide' conflict politics.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by thawyze
maybe you should've get more deep into this article and post some better arguments...

Nope. Not my job. I'm just bringing the story to you all. You can debate it, or not, as YOU wish.

new topics

top topics

join