It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hoax or not???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I just heard in my local news that USA has declare that they can allowed or not any country in a world to go in space!!if country are allied that they can run a space programm,but if it isnt,than USA can make any sanctions to stop it!!
I search the web but couldnt find anything!!Can anyone give me enlighting or better a link???If its not true than please debunk me!!!!

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   
That sounds interesting but I don't think it can be true, as Virgin are offering flights for space tourists by 2009, under the name "Virgin Galactic". Virgin are a British company as far as I know. How can the USA make up these "laws" as they go along. If this has any truth in it, I think that it's ridiculous. Do they think that they own space? Someone here must know more to enlighten us though.

[edit on 18-10-2006 by Xeros]

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I agree with Xeros, the US doesn't have the power or authority to govern the entire world.
To even think they do would be kinda pompous of the US, wouldn't it?

I've often wondered what would happen if you build a spaceship in your backyard (hey, I can dream) as soon as you lift off you would show up on somebodies radar somewhere. Are they going to scramble some jet aircraft to investigate? What do they have the right to do once they get there?

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   
HOAX. A rather bad one at that.

Don't you remember the 'INTERNATIONAL' space station? Different countries involved in that. RUSSIA has a space tourist thing going on. There is more .. but you get the idea.

Definately a very poor hoax.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
HOAX. A rather bad one at that.

Don't you remember the 'INTERNATIONAL' space station? Different countries involved in that. RUSSIA has a space tourist thing going on. There is more .. but you get the idea.

Definately a very poor hoax.

FlyersFan is correct. The use of Space is under International Treaty sighned by more than 50 countries. Everything outside the Earts Atmosphere is Open Territory. Definately a Hoax.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Spiegel Online referred me to this PDF:

www.ostp.gov...

For five decades, the United States has led the world in space exploration and use and has
developed a solid civil, commercial, and national security space foundation. Space activities
have improved life in the United States and around the world, enhancing security, protecting
lives and the environment, speeding information flow, serving as an engine for economic growth,
and revolutionizing the way people view their place in the world and the cosmos. Space has
become a place that is increasingly used by a host of nations, consortia, businesses, and
entrepreneurs.

[...]

The United States rejects any claims to sovereignty by any nation over outer space or
celestial bodies, or any portion thereof, and rejects any limitations on the fundamental
right of the United States to operate in and acquire data from space;

[...]

The United States considers space systems to have the rights of passage through and
operations in space without interference. Consistent with this principle, the United States
will view purposeful interference with its space systems as an infringement on its rights;

The United States considers space capabilities -- including the ground and space
segments and supporting links -- vital to its national interests. Consistent with this
policy, the United States will: preserve its rights, capabilities, and freedom of action in
space; dissuade or deter others from either impeding those rights or developing
capabilities intended to do so; take those actions necessary to protect its space
capabilities; respond to interference; and deny, if necessary, adversaries the use of space
capabilities hostile to U.S. national interests;

The United States will oppose the development of new legal regimes or other restrictions
that seek to prohibit or limit U.S. access to or use of space. Proposed arms control
agreements or restrictions must not impair the rights of the United States to conduct
research, development, testing, and operations or other activities in space for U.S.
national interests;

To me, that reads as "we don't give a damn f* about International Treaties on the exploration of Space anymore".

According to "The Washington Post", this document was published on October 7th, at 5pm on the internet.

A government speaker said this strategy had nothing to do with the weaponization of space. The document just emphasized that no new international treaties are necessary because there is no weapons race in space.

Sounds like Star Wars to me, though.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   

[
and deny, if necessary, adversaries the use of space
capabilities hostile to U.S. national interests;

The United States will oppose the development of new legal regimes or other restrictions
that seek to prohibit or limit U.S. access to or use of space. Proposed arms control
agreements or restrictions must not impair the rights of the United States to conduct
research, development, testing, and operations or other activities in space for U.S.
national interests;

Text Red

That what im talking about!!!!
Who has given rights to US to make laws about space???And who will be the adversaries hostile to US national interests????It seems to me like they are preapering legal instruments to spacee dominion!!!I wonder what will China,and Russia will do about it!!!!!

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   
BUMP!

This is already a topic. ( see thread "Us can deny "space exploration")

top topics

join