It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lockheeds f-19 stealth fighter

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lampyridae
Those models appear to have more in common with a fighter version of the Aurora. However, they're also not too far off the YF-23 Black Widow.

HOLY CRAP!@#$! i cant believe it, its actually true, i dont want to sound like a dumb person but like in the game ace combat 4 the X-02 is the same aircraft as th YF-23. MEaning that the japanese know something that we dont, meaning that their research on aircraft(american) is very conclusive, since all the aircraft are real in the game and ive proven it too. and this proves it the secret stealth needed to be unlocked is in fact the YF-23 not only that but the special thing about it is that the a wing comes into a foward swept possition from the main wing, a slot opens up in the middle of the wing and a metal panel comes out and acts as a secondary wing at low speeds for better manuvering not only that but the tail wings level off at high speeds:0
its awsome also the F-19 if non of you noticed this but was redesignated as the F-117 stealth night hawk, meaning that the project was canceled under lockheed's skunkworks part and its been redesigned and northrop must have tooken the project as theirs since lockheed canceled it. well happy huntings

[Edited on 22-11-2003 by ShatteredSkies]

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

Originally posted by Lampyridae
There were a number of rivals to the F-117; including one aircraft that had rounded edges in a different radar-scattering philosophy (ie minimise radar returns in all directions), although development never for that never went very far.

Rounded edges on all sides? That sounds a lot like the "Frisbee," which is what the F-19 was called, as it was said to have no straight edges.

Could the aircraft you are referring to be the mysterious F-19?

[Edited on 11-11-2003 by sweatmonicaIdo]

no it is not if it were a frisbees, how would it fly without antigrav propulsion? it obviously isnt true since this aircraft was planned out in the early 80's and anti grav came in the mid 90's(i think)

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I have seen the F-19 in some old aircraft books from the 80s. They thought that it was real and it was going to come out. Guess they were wrong.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Yeah,

Thats right..

Before people knew details and the real 'type number' of F-117 it was called/known as F-19..

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM
Yeah,

Thats right..

Before people knew details and the real 'type number' of F-117 it was called/known as F-19..

see i could be right, it took me 30 mins to read an entire declassified article i found on google that had to do with the f-19 and its redesignation, but what i do know also is that northrop(im not really shure if it is northrop or lockheed continued it) began to design an aircraft similar to the f-19 such as the yf-23 jsf stealth, high perfermoance, but thats for a later time, i hope to fly one if i become a pilot
if not ill fly the raptor still enjoy flying though

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Yeah,

Thats right..

We're assuming that the F-117 was originally the F-19.

We have to consider the F-19 might've existed. It doesn't have to be the F-19, but the plane that we saw in the Testors model kits (or close to it).

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Read Red Storm Rising by tom clancy. NATO uses em to blow the hell outta a soviet fule dump with great firey results

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo

Yeah,

Thats right..

We're assuming that the F-117 was originally the F-19.

We have to consider the F-19 might've existed. It doesn't have to be the F-19, but the plane that we saw in the Testors model kits (or close to it).

maybe i didnt make myself clear enough, it was redesignated o and nato used a diff type of aircraft than the aurora, had same name but it was diff aircraft check some pics of it, it looks nothing like what we have in mind. plus the aurora isnt a strike bomber it was intended as a stike aircraft it does have air to air capability and quite good too. but one could only dream.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Here is a quote from the book 'Future Fighters' by Bll Gunston, Salamander Books, 1984, ISBN 0 86101 163 5

"Lockheed F-19?
Not illustrated because it is highly classified (as most of the 'Skunk Works' projects are in their early years), this fighter is a stealth technology design with 'near-zero' optical, radar and IR signatures. A number, looking rather like a Shuttle Orbiter in plan and powered by two 12,000 lb (5443kg) engines, are said to have flown since 1977. The designation is a mere guess, since official DoD numbers jmped from 18 to 20. Questioned on a recent crash, a DoD spokesman said " I can tell you it wasn't an F-19." "

This would appear to contradict other information I have read F-19 info
Other Info

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The pictures i have seen don't look anything like a shuttle orbiter

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
i think i remember hearing on discovery wings that the f 19 was supposed to oppose the f 22 raptor but they chose grummens f 22 instead

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
so which one would be sexier?
the sr-71 blackbird or the f19 (if it was real)

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
silQ y do u call the sr 71 sexy so much

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 06:42 AM
link   
On regards to the model kit of the F-19, i can remember as a kid i received/got a toy aircraftcarrier with some planes (about 3). Among the planes from memory was an F-15, something else i can't remember and a plane that looks like the F-19. I can remember that the F-15 said it was an F-15 by a mark on its tail fins. I shall try and see/find out whether i still have the toy planes lying around and check to see if it says what the plane is which looks like the so F-19.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
Read Red Storm Rising by tom clancy. NATO uses em to blow the hell outta a soviet fule dump with great firey results

I read that and was amazed, cause I had the model kit too. Was reading a book last night, however, which seems like it has the answer:

From "Designed for the Kill", Mike Spick, Airlife Publishing 1995

Page 141

[On the F117A] "Design work began on the full scale development aircraft in Decmber 1978, and it first flew from Groom Lake, piloted by Hal Farley, in June 1981. For added security, the radio call sign of 117 was allotted, and it was the widespread use of this that finally led to the designation F-117 A, rather than any of the fanciful theories later advanced. The press had a lovely time. They knew something Top-Secret was around, gave it the obvious (and erroneous) designation of F-19, and even published three-views of it which had foundation only in their overheated imaginations. Not until November 1988 was the existance of the F-117 A revealed, and even then the heavily retouched photo released gave a totally wrong impression of it's outline."

See here

Really is an amazing book, I thoroughly recomend it, details the history of modern fighting aircraft.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Do you think that the F-18 - F-20 gap is weird?

What about the F-23 - F-32 gap!!! now that's pretty strange don't ya think?

Or did I miss the F-24-31?

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
Do you think that the F-18 - F-20 gap is weird?

What about the F-23 - F-32 gap!!! now that's pretty strange don't ya think?

Or did I miss the F-24-31?

The gap actually goes from F-23 to F-35! If you were thinking of Boeing JSF design it was called the X-32 not F-32. The military is well known for these weird jumps:

fighters run as fallows:

F-4 to F-5
F-8
F-12 (YF-12)
F-14 to F-18
F-20 to YF-23
F-35

Above is the current run from the 1960's to the present. See all the gaps?
there is also the "Century Series F-100 to F-111 which was built in the 50's and 60's, but most if not all of these planes are retired.

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
LOL I think I got my point acrossed now...

The F-19 never existed and was probably as stated on those websites, the to be official name for the F-117 but they were too lazy to change it...

But who knows...

Was there ever a designation known for the "Aurora"?

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
No, it was never named the F-19, that's just what the press assumed it would be... technically it's a bomber anyway so wouldn't have had the "F" prefix. The fact it's now F-117 really was just because that's what people called it, so they went with it.

ABout the Aurora... um, I don't think there was, there's a research thing of it on ATS.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   
We've been chasing the F-19 forever, but we still can't nail it down! Weather it ever existed or Not, it still has us stumped. We may never have the whole answer to the F-19 mystery. Chalk one up for the Deception masters at NSA, I think they got us this time!

Seriously, the F-19 story dates back to the early days of the stealth program! However, there are still refrences to this "black" mystery plane in most newer books on stealth technology. We've spent years trying to bury the F-19 Stealth Fighter project on one side of the fence or the other, but it always finds it's way back! Think about it: no other Black Project, except maybe Aroura, has remained an unresolved mystsery for so long. Reguardless of what you believe about it, the fact remains: The F-19 seems to come back every so often, It's one of those Roumors/Mysteries that just never completely dies and goes away!

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join