It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for mind (consciousness) expanding exercises

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
If we're talking about books that help with mind expansion, my book has tons of exercises. Unfortunately, the price is alittle more than I'd like to charge, but the publisher determined it.

The Path of Mastery

I have in it so many exercises and ways to practice, something is bound to be beneficial for your purposes.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 7Pan7cho7

I don't know if this is the kind of thing you're looking for, but I absolutely LOVE Deepak Chopra's "Journey Into Healing". I have listened to this 100 times or more and I learn something new every time.

Read about it here

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Here´s a definition of expanding consciousness:

To see, hear, feel, perceive, notice, say, do something you have not seen, heard, felt, perceived, noticed, said, done before.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
This is an amazing thread. I'm surprised it only got one page at first :O
Thanks for putting it back to work. I guess I should leave this chair now and start relaxing... it's been too long since I opened a book.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
try smoking salvia. its legal and it blew my mind. if that dosnt exspand your conciousness then i dont know what on earth will.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Here's an exercise that really affected me when I first tried it, years ago:

Consciously practice empathy

It's simple. No meditation, forced concentration, or studying involved. Just sit on a bench somewhere, in public, and watch people go by. Wear sunglasses if you want, if you're worried about creeping anybody out by staring.

Look at the people. See how they carry their emotions, troubles, experiences, all with them, in every action and pose. Realize that everyone you see is someone's beloved son or daughter. Look at them in that light. They may have siblings -- imagine how you would feel if they were your brother or sister. Entertain that feeling, see how real it feels to you, notice what feelings vary from person to person, don't judge. After a while, the sense of empathy 'tunes in', and you notice so much more about people than you would have ever thought obvious.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Sitting/Observing in a place were people are is certainly consciousness-expanding and also produces a very positive shift in mood.

OP: Highly recommended!

[edit on 14-6-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
this is a good thread,and something I'm starting to look into. I'll try the methods suggested so far. I do "people watch" sometimes. If I'm sitting outside a pub or something,just watching people.

*goes for a chillax*

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Pepperslappy

Pepper, as this post is two years old, I was wondering if you have had any more success and experience with your astral projection. Also, if you have any more tips that you may have learned and would like to share.

I would like to ask the opinons of all about the use of meditation in order to break through the veil of the third density. I've gleaned from reading the board that illegal substance is off limits so the dialogue of ethogens v. meditation is out, but I have had no success using meditation when trying to expand my consciouness. I've got lucid dreaming quasi-down, and believe that it is not only possible, but that I sometimes commune out of body in the dream state.

Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as would any experience any of you have had in a meditative state that you felt quantifiably shifted your perception of reality in a fundamental way. And if you feel that you are able to commune and dialogue with other entities/energies/personalities using meditation that would be of great interest too.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Thank you all so much for your input, sorry i haven't been around to contribute...........i've taken a long break from all of this because it was becoming a bit overwhelming. I feeling things i have never felt before things i couldn't understand i needed to get away from this reality and back to the unreal reality (
what did i just say lol )

A few years ago i did leave my body for a few seconds (people have tried to explain this experience into nothing more than a confused state of mind, but i know what i felt and it was real, and stranger than anything i've ever experienced before.)

I guess it is about time for me to continue my journey (i'm now 20 ) and what better sign is there than a two year old thread about what i was looking up being revived.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

The exercize should test you in the following areas:

accessible long term and short term memory,
imagination,
moment,
realization,
reality,
actuality,
wisdom,
judgement,
learning,
perception,
reasoning,
opinion,
view,
idea,
personality,
5 senses,
voicing,
basic instincts,
basic emotions,
self-esteem,
self; ego,
gender,
sexual preferrence,
sexual urges,
belief, and
logic,

^^Yeah, all those things have to do with being connected to the alert and aware mind in some way. As for gender you could be physically a male, but mentally you could be female more than male or etc.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
i find looking upon my own past [in memories, photos, or conversations] and seeing the insane difference from my present-day self to my past self is an extremely useful way of expanding and realizing my evolving consciousness.

techniques handed down from others may not be as rewarding as just recalling and critiquing yourself from past memories and hopefully seeing the huge difference for the better.

i know for me...it makes me realize the blind idiot i was and pushes me onward and upward.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Try reading books by Carlos Castenada starts with his first one. The teachings of Don Juan. I opened my mind to a world just beyond the eye but restricted by imagination. Pretty amazing how different the world seems after you have understood the concepts he talks about.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join