It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God Experience it Before it Happens?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Or does He experience it as it happens or after it happens? I believe He experienced all acts and events of humans, animals, and plants Infinite years before they happened. Obviously, I am not a believer in human, animal, or plant free will. As such we should be devoted to God so that our lives improve. Departure from God is the worse thing we can do.

Belief in free will has a sense of self-worship when we should only think and act in God-worship. God did not just create this Universe at its beginning but He also has been creating ever since, including all our thoughts and actions.

When we are judged when we die, we are judged by Omniscience, not partial or no Omniscience. No great act or sin escapes God's Infinite Will. For the wayward, reformation and change are always possible.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
This is actually a very good question. I'm sure that you'll have lots of interesting answers, but allow me to chime in a bit. I think that God may know all possible outcomes much like a bank of possible chess moves. Still he may not know which move we will make. Or rather he already knows which move we will make but is still interested in understanding why we made a specific move. I guess we'd have to be in his shoes to know for sure, but it's fun to speculate.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
God is not a he. I know I fall victim to same trap but God is God (assuming God exists).

Secondly, God doesn't experience things before or after or anything like that. God would have to be outside of spacetime.... so therefore God is and always was and will always be. There is no before or after. To God things just are. There is no "time" in which events take place. There is no "space" for these events to take place in.

This is "the why" for our current situation. The realm of polarity (our reality) was created so God can experience things from our point of view. This is how God turns potential into reality.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
If god could experience things before they happened, that would eliminate your free will as well as mine. It would mean that our actions are decided before they occur. Which means that decision wasn't made by you or me.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
God experienced the Universe and its future in totality Infinite years before it was created!!! If we had free will, we could control our DNA, heartbeat, and cellular function!!! Since we cannot control ourselves in even the slightest of respects, we are at the Infinite Mercy of God, our Creator!!! God controls All, accept Him or reject Him, but I recommend accepting Him, the sooner the better!!!

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
if god does know what we do before we do it then why would he create a person he knows will go to hell as a result of his actions. the only reason I can come up with is that he wants people to suffer. If he doesn't know what choice we will make than he is not omniscient. A bit of a jam but, luckily for christians, they can just make up whatever wacko excuse they want and the people will buy into without question.

[edit on 20-10-2006 by daedalas]

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by daedalas
if god does know what we do before we do it then why would he create a person he knows will go to hell as a result of his actions.
[edit on 20-10-2006 by daedalas]

Life is a learning experience. Evil actions are punished, good actions are rewarded. We learn this in the womb of our Mother. The greater our evil, the greater we are punished; the greater our good, the greater we are rewarded. God is the Infinite Teacher and we are the student. Have you ever thought that if a person experiences Hell in this life and/or the Afterlife he or she still might find Heavenly Bliss in this life and/or the Afterlife?

the only reason I can come up with is that he wants people to suffer.

God as the Infinite Teacher wants us to learn good from evil.

If he doesn't know what choice we will make than he is not omniscient.

God is Omniscient, but you may not realize this if you have not experienced enough in Life. Great acts and large sins are recorded greater than any technology could. In fact, all is recorded.

A bit of a jam but, luckily for christians, they can just make up whatever wacko excuse they want and the people will buy into without question.

Many solid religions, Christianity included, frequently do their best to have Faith in God, and, most importantly, to Love God and neighbor. Where would we be without Love?

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   
God is above and beyond time.

Just as a computer programmer is above and beyond the program he/she creates, so God is above and beyond the program (us) that He created.

God exists outside of time therefore right now He is at the beginning of our time and is at the end. He is with you now as you are being born and He is with you now at your death. He never changes. He's the same God in the past as the God in the future and it's all present at once to him even though we are living 'in time'.

He 'experiences' it all at once .. outside of time.

(and experience is the wrong word, but it's the closest I can come up with right now)

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
God is above and beyond time.

Just as a computer programmer is above and beyond the program he/she creates, so God is above and beyond the program (us) that He created.

God exists outside of time therefore right now He is at the beginning of our time and is at the end. He is with you now as you are being born and He is with you now at your death. He never changes. He's the same God in the past as the God in the future and it's all present at once to him even though we are living 'in time'.

He 'experiences' it all at once .. outside of time.

(and experience is the wrong word, but it's the closest I can come up with right now)

You are right that God is Infinitely above and beyond time. However, we humans experience it. Since God created time for us, does it mean we experience it with Him, no matter how small this is in the part of His daily activities? Or did He create a divided Universe? If He created a divided Universe, we are somehow separate from Him partly because we perceive time. I believe He created a Unified Universe where limitless time is part of God, and God is the driver of limitless time!!!

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
i respect everyones opinions here but if i may interject for a second. ive been reading all of ur posts and i wanted 2 ask How do u all think u kno wat "God" Thinks or how he works his magic. no one knows really wat "Gods" thinking or is going to do

Respectively i think tht god's time is different from our time. if anyone has read the bible in here i believe it says gods minutes r like hours . gods hours r like days . gods days are like months. gods months r like years. and so on .

just my 2 cents

]]
[edit on 28-10-2006 by Wzzp129]

[edit on 28-10-2006 by Wzzp129]

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wzzp129
if anyone has read the bible in here i believe it says gods minutes r like hours . gods hours r like days . gods days are like months. gods months r like years. and so on .

Psalm 90:4 For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

2 Peter 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

So in God's timing Jesus has only been gone 2 days.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
thank u for posting those verses .

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Isaiah 46:[9] Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,
[10] Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

God knows what is going to happen before it happens.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
What is the time lapse between God knowing it will happen and it happens? Infinite years? A thousand years? A few years? Less than a second? I side for Infinite years, otherwise God would not be Omniscient.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
see... dbrandt knows wat hes talking about

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
see... dbrandt knows wat hes talking about

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I would say reality is a clap, or a gunshot.

Time is an experience that we have created to delineate our accomplishments and lack-there-of... Its really an InTangible Concept with Tangible results, (Because we Create Reality)

Therefore... Things cannot happen before they happen, because when they happen, they are REAL or Tangible. But before they become real they are InTangible thoughts existing in a super-position, in the froth of potentials.

So we are 'machines' that Resurrect the dead (InTangible) past, and place it in the InTangible future, and thus it becomes REAL.

So, ... Sure he experiences them before it becomes real, because when you THINK of something, the same CELLS are firing in your brain, as it does when it happens in REALITY.... We can only KNOW Reality by observing what our eyes have ALREADY recorded... its an editting process. Our Nervous systems are the filter.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Does God experience intangibility, reality, and/or tangibility through the history of time, present, and/or the future of time. If God experiences it, it offers the potential for humans or afterlife beings to experience it.

top topics

join