It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can one be conscious enough to re-program their own dna?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Hehe love this thread,

Been in debate with a close friend for some time now on this subject.

Darwins theory of evolution through mutation has a few flaws, the biggest being that the amount of random mutations required for an organism to evolve would be huge, randomness would not account for say a transition from water breathing to air breathing even taking into account amphibious.

Creationist are also flawed, simply why would a creator go through the pain of a progressive design, why not just mould the finished product.

I personally believe that evolution is through subconcious adaptation not mutation, an organism sees a benefit to adapting and therefore dna is altered to facilitate that change. (condensed version)

I also believe that we do have the ability to change how our DNA works right now, we influence it every day from how our immune system works to the aging process. Why do we grow old and die? there is no scientific reason for us to - but we do. My thought on this is that we pre-program ourself to die, we see death all around us and think this must be the natural order of things and our DNA facilitates our thought process, working away in the background.

I meditate alot and only last week decided on trying to alter my DNA so that I would have good health and great longevity - the way I'm attempting it is to just believe that my DNA is altering in a way that is beneficial.

I appologise if my post is as clear as mud, please feel free to pull apart and ill try and answer.

[edit on 16-8-2010 by Jamjar]

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by sdrawkcab

It's something science should do more research into.

Unfortunately there is no profit in people being able to stop themselves from being sick

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Good question, is DNA, when it is programmable, Reprogrammable?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 7Pan7cho7

I was about to say that reprogramming DNA is not possible but what about reprogramming gene expression....

So perhaps you made the genes express themselves differently.

Just a thought, well actually pure speculation

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

DId you ever know a fat person born into a fat family that becomes skinny?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join