It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gore: Bush Has Failed to Make U.S. Safer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Former Vice President Al Gore accused President Bush on Sunday of failing to make the country safer after the Sept. 11 attacks and using the war against terrorism as a pretext to consolidate power.

"They have taken us much farther down the road toward an intrusive, 'big brother'-style government ? toward the dangers prophesied by George Orwell in his book '1984' ? than anyone ever thought would be possible in the United States of America," Gore charged in a speech.

story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20031110/ap_on_re_us/gore_civil_liberties

Finally someone in american politics I agree with

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Zion, Gore is the All-American moron just taking a swipe at Bush.
Why would Gore say that Bush hasn't made it safer? A knee-jerk democrat might unthinkingly nod along with him, but don't be one of those. Other attempts have been thwarted, that means we are safer. Sure, Bush should scream bloody-murder about the political correctness of 70 year old grandmothers of Irish decent being pat-searched at airports, but hey, I've been telling y'all, Bush isn't a real conservative.

Let's see, is Gore in the know, does he have information as a former Veep and loser presidential candidate, or is this merely politics in action?

By the way, don't let Gore confuse you with his lies, the Clinton administration authored the Patriot Act. The Clinton administration said that we have to be willing to give up freedoms for safety, but in reference to giving up weapons to reduce crime (It doesn't reduce crime, but it does put us at the mercy of both the criminal and the government), and it was the Clinton aministration's weakening of the intelligence agencies that made the attacks against America possible. Now this clown wants to stagger on stage and run off at the mouth? Get real.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Ha ha!

Beat you to it Zion...
I posted the same thing here on 9-11-2003 at 20:58 while yours is posted in this thread at 9-11-2003 at 21:50...

Neener, neener, neener!...

[Edited on 10-11-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Great. You can't vote for Gore and you can't vote for Bush. Is there another option ?

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 07:18 AM
link   
"They have taken us much farther down the road toward an intrusive, 'big brother'-style government ? toward the dangers prophesied by George Orwell in his book '1984' ? than anyone ever thought would be possible in the United States of America,"

This is the truth...but gore is a jackazz too..its time for revolution hehe

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 08:22 AM
link   
There are no measures making us any safer. Thomas really, anyone simply checking the ledger to see the promised monies for first responders - those who will save your life or reduce the death toll from an attack - have been woefully under funded or not funded at all in some cases. The monies have not been given to the medical infrastructures at the state level to combat - and save - people in the event of bioterroism.
Hell, California will burn to a matchstick before Dim Son takes the politics out of it and addresses the issue at a federal level.
Knee Jerk? Yeah, in the defense of the indefensible, a.k.a Republican policy, Bush style.

But, then again, this is all you need to see that he's "engaged" - a staged photo op with nice short Brown People to show off his stella concern for the common man's plight:

Q Mr. President, clearly the residents here appreciate your coming and your seeing the devastation here. Do you bring additional help, beyond what has been announced, sir?

THE PRESIDENT: No, what I do is I answer questions, Ed, as to whether or not the help that is available is being delivered. Hopefully, I get the truth. I mean, if there is a frustration at the federal level, I need to know about it. I haven't heard that yet. I've been -- frankly, Mike Brown and FEMA have been getting high marks. But I want to see, as best as the President can possibly see, the truth....The best thing I can do is to listen and hug and empathize as best as I can empathize.

(Analysis: Bush is saying he's created enough of a national deficit through his tax cuts to the wealthy and his wrong-heading throwing around of tax-payer money in Iraq, and he's not going to give money to Californians who voted for Gore, so they'll have to make do with what they got, but he's prepared to hug women and children, as long as there's a photo-op camera around.)

www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I hear what you are saying, B-T, and it can't be denied. But making us safer is to stop the attacks before they happen, not to respond with bandaids and body bags after they do. While it should be obvious that in today's world, we are no longer isolated, suseptible to only ICBM attacks. While the enemy may be funded and equipped by nations and millionaires (such as bin Laden), the enemy is a network of highly dedicated people, bent on our destruction or submission. We need more than ambulances.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Sorry I posted the same story. Its a good story.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe
Former Vice President Al Gore accused President Bush on Sunday of failing to make the country safer after the Sept. 11 attacks and using the war against terrorism as a pretext to consolidate power.

"They have taken us much farther down the road toward an intrusive, 'big brother'-style government ? toward the dangers prophesied by George Orwell in his book '1984' ? than anyone ever thought would be possible in the United States of America," Gore charged in a speech.

story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20031110/ap_on_re_us/gore_civil_liberties

Finally someone in american politics I agree with

again attacking the person and ignoring the issues

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Whatever the rage against shrub and his criminals, whatever the truth is that is said about the police state that the bush-crime-family is trying to inflict upon the USA...

you drag out the same sorryassed excuses that somehow, miraculously, all of the problems & issues that shrubs gangsters have bestowed upon the American people can somehow be blamed squarely on Bill Clinton.

You are a sad, sad little man and I pity you, for your lack of imagination if for nothing else, although I'm quite certain there are probably many issues that you've yet to rear up in one of your many raving statements.

So what is next? Will you blame yours & Bob Doles penile disfunction on Bill too?

How about blaming Bill for your lack of an original conspiracy theories to cover any of the other crapola that shrub has deficated onto the American people!!!?

We have had quite a few people roaming the streets for years, talking to themselves and no one else in particualar, ranting on for all & no one to hear. I'm now wondering if one of them might be you!!?

PEACE - THE ONLY TRUE WAY!

[Edited on 10-11-2003 by USMC Harrier]

[Edited on 10-11-2003 by USMC Harrier]

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Gee what would I do...,

feeling safer vs losing it all...,

tough choice.... to a liberal.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The only thing the Americans need to feel safe from are things they create.

Don't create hate, and there would be nothing to fear.

That sounds a bit like Big Sages delivery, anyways, I hope you know what I mean.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 05:03 PM
link   
green,

no offense dude but when you are number one you have to fear everyone else.

being nice is not gonna save ya!

its called life and it ain't fair.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 05:11 PM
link   
while everyone wants to blame ONEW person for all the evils in the world the sad reality is democrats and republicans let this happen.

thats right, not one person or even one party.

both parties let this happen but now one party has decided to whine about it.

who voted for the patriot act? TOM DASCHLE! one of the biggest democrats right now and he is now trying to back pedal and distance himself from something he voted for.

as for gore...he was part of an administration that was offered bin laden for free and said "no thanks".

wow what a way to stick it to the american people. i guess they were too busy letting chinese "campaign donaters" sleep in the lincoln bedroom and couldnt be hassled to take bin laden after he was offered to them.

yes yes this is all of one mans fault even though BOTH parties let all of this happen.

someone wake me up when the rest of you people have anything better to say other than more "my party is better than your party" bull# #ing childish remarks.:bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd::bnghd:

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Harrier, the reason I sound like a broken record is because moronic liberals (This is where you raise your hand) are slow to learn and have to be told things over and over.
Now go and play with your battery-operated pleasure device, or the neighbor's dog, if he has low enough standards.

As far as whatever points you attempts to make, I saw none to which I see a need to waste time. Nothing new in your case.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
Great. You can't vote for Gore and you can't vote for Bush. Is there another option ?

vote for me!

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 06:33 PM
link   
As always, U-P, I stand by Alan Keyes. A knowledgeable constitutionalist and former ambasador and an actual Christian, he'd be one that would make Washhington proud.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Harrier, the reason I sound like a broken record is because moronic liberals (This is where you raise your hand) are slow to learn and have to be told things over and over.
Now go and play with your battery-operated pleasure device, or the neighbor's dog, if he has low enough standards.

As far as whatever points you attempts to make, I saw none to which I see a need to waste time. Nothing new in your case.

Please Thomas. Now you've become just like the Colonel. Have a little dignity and please refrain from personally assaulting people i.e., moronic liberals. You don't want to be like Colonel do you? For you, that should be a fate worse than death.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Maynard, back up and read what Harrier wrote. Is she trying to replace Colonel while he is gone? That is what I assume.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 09:02 PM
link   
By the way, do you see that she has edited her statement, no longer making the statement she did origianlly, merely the sideswipe with Dole.

Harrier, in reference to your removed statement,I assure you, I am A-OK. You might enjoy it more than your battery operated.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join