It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from Oz

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Hi there,

I joined ATS on the 14th October 06. I love the site and I have an interest in pretty much all that can be discussed here.

I may not be as knowledgable as some but I do have opinions formed over many years of life experience and using the ability to question all and never just accepting the things that challenge me.

I may not always be able to express my thoughts clearly in words, but at least I can speak freely here.

Thankyou for the privilege of being able to become a member of ATS.

resistancia

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
You will find this a great place to research and indulge. Your best bet is to stay objective
dont sweat the skeptics and read between the lines......

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Just relax and enjoy yourself. Everything else will fall into place.

There are lots of handy tips available in the Handbook of ATS Links.

Here are some Smokin' BBQ Threads (Important Website-Related Topics).

Configuring your MyATS page is the easiest way to put the ATS universe at your fingertips.

Be sure to check out Social Issues on PTS. I'm sure you will find the atmosphere to be friendly, enlightening, and rewarding.

Here's an excellent little, unobtrusive spell checker, in case you need one: IESpell 2.1.1 build 325

A convenient text editor also comes in handy when composing those epic posts: EditPad Lite.

Sooner or later you will find a use for TinyURL!™

Oh, and vote for the Automotive Forum.

Grady

[edit on 2006/10/17 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Thanks for the welcome

cheers resi

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Hi Resistancia,

Look forward to seeing you around the site.

Ruminator

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Off to see the wizard, eh??

At any rate, welcome to ats!!!

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Welcome aboard!

Where abouts in Australia are you?

I'm assuming your from Australia and not OZ the jail?

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Oz the jail ? Never heard of that, my friend.

Oztralylia...downunda
I am just north of Sydney on the coast - about 40 mins to the city on a good day

thanks for the welcome

In Pace
resi

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Hello again resi, we've already met, but this is the proper forum for greetings. Once again welcome, and pardon me for taken you for a guy. A chauvinist male prejudice. As an Aussie you probably know all about that.

I read your thread "my conclusion" - very reflective and interesting - and I hope your son shall return safely.

"Oz" is pretty much an insider term, I guees. I had never heard it either before my old school time friend started using it. He lives down under for 35 years now. We've known eachother for more than 40. In 1971 together we started out on the epic hippie journey to India, overland hitchhiking down through Europe into Asia, along dirtroads to Afghanistan, a peaceful and magic country then.

We made it to Nepal, and I turned back. My friend continued via Indonesia to East Timor, another peaceful place at that time. From their he took a plane to Darwin, rambled the outback a few years before he settled in Sydney, where he still lives.

Sometimes I wish I had followed him. I've visited him two times and hopes to do it again. He have showed me a lot of the natural wonders of NSW.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Welcome to the funny farm resistancia enjoy your stay

Another from AUS.

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Hello and welcome to ATS.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Hi Resistancia.
Hmmm.. so your 40 mins north of Sydney. Let me guess you sound like a Woy Woy lurker, or maybe west Gosford? Nahh, Killcare. Yes Im a coastie as well (albeit a transplant from Syd!!) Nice to meet another local. Bye the way what is your area of interest(expertise) on ATS? Im new here, been trying to join for several years but ATS didnt like my email address for some reason. Then again it is Ozemail!!

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Welcome!
Remember.. read critically!
For where there's a flood of information, having a right judgement is key.

top topics

join