It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Big* conflict of interest in New European Cancer Campaign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
So a new Pan-European cancer campaign being launched tomorrow is dead in the water, effectively, after it was announced that Roche is completely funding it's advertising and has a big role in overall management.

guardian

Why doesn't the concept of declaration of interest appear to reach some of these big organisations?

In today's cynical times you may as well just not bother setting up if there's something like this lurking in the background

TD

[edit on 17-10-2006 by TaupeDragon]

[edit on 17-10-2006 by TaupeDragon]

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Seems like corruption is an integral part of a modern economy, preferably in conjunction with public handouts sold as social programs. Sometimes i wonder if these people are merely testing our resolve, hardly anyone seems to care anymore (note distinct lack of replies).

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I'll be honest with you, I would have thought that this story had legs - but it died in the media, and even here only seemed to meet with a bored shrug.

PJ O'Rourke talks about a 'dictatorship of boredom' - we seem to have been so overwhelmed by how flawed our politicians, civil servants and businessmen are that *nothing* seems to surprise (or outrage us) any more.

So things go and standards slide. I must be getting old.

TD

posted on Oct, 21 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The reason why standards slide is that we are a) powerless and b) embedded in a society where the latest distraction is generally more important than awareness or even abstract things like liberty.

Disrupt the flow of distractions and people will turn on you, if you try disobedience, the reaction will be multiplied. i don't know perhaps i can derive consolation from the fact that they will all go to hell - after me, oops.

top topics

join