It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blown out of Proportion?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
Obviously, how dare I call you on your blatant sycophantic B.S.

Blantant sycophantic. Well, were all entitled to our opinions.

You enter this thread, complaining that your thread did not recieve any responses in 23 hours. Then turn around and tell me that I am sycophantic.

Hypocritical?

It is obvious, the business of this board has no concern to you. The behaviour of members, etc., just does not come up on your radar. Well, it does for some of us and we like to discuss it from time to time. Just as much as you enjoy discussing the topics of your interest.

How is my behaviour sycophantic? Do I enter threads you create and complain how my threads are not recieving any attention?

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The topic of this thread is not Chissler or Implosion. Please get back to the topic and stop the sniping.

Both of you please take one of these:

Two if sniping persists.

Thanks.

[edit on 2006-10-18 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
250,000mg?

A dosage that heavy healthy? I'll trust your judgement WCIP.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Well, that's all assuming you can swallow it. That image depicts actual size.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
Let's not change that by focusing on negativity and the few bad apples. Most people can discuss civilly and learn a thing or two. Those that can't, don't worry about them.

I have no need to read further in this thread. That sentence says it all.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Loam,

I must say that after reading your post here and the one on the "Kindness Day Festival," You have a very unique ability to....

Enter a Thread
Inject sanity
Leave me smiling

Then scare the HECK out of me with that avatar!!!!

Semper

ps. The Latin Translators were wrong, Semperfortis means , Afraid of Snakes...

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Great Topic of discussion, somewhat heated also, read some of the comments.

Can I give my 2 cents on this, it annoys me when someone puts on a thread, i.e.:

including you, should be punished with death

I only used a small extract from the quote because I do not want to inflame the situation. Is it not the case some people act the same way on here as they would act say in r/l?

I have seen myself going overboard with some comments, replys or opinions, nor am I saying I am an angel far from it.

Some comments that are made on this Forum does get ur emotions going. Not saying that they should not be allowed on here, that is what open discussion forums are for or conspiracy forums.

I can really say I have had no problems with the Moderators in here, as off yet, maybe different opinions but that is it. I would also say this forum is one of thebest out of the numerous forums I have been a member of, is why I come back here all the time. Just my 2 cents on this subject

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
So you're perusing a thread. You find someone posting something that is totally 100% without a doubt wrong. Not only is it wrong, it annoys the heck out of you in its wrong-ness. What do you do?

1. You act like an idiot and start flaming the hell out of someone, which makes your entire argument look like crap.

2. Or, you channel that energy to hone in your research skills and find the backup proof to deny the encountered ignorance.

Anger, as with any other strong emotion, is to a degree important in debating. If we all got along like merry little valium chompers, this site would be comprised of a bunch of agreeing debutantes that missed their cotillion. (ie., bad, and not very pretty.)

Emotional charge is a good thing, if it was detrimental, we would have evolved out of it as a species.

I believe that things overall are just fine. Yes, some people get out of hand, they flame a bit more than they should, but we all get over it. Well, most of us get over it. Nothing that happens on this site should ever leave you with a physical wound, nor psychological impacts that would require you to recieve therapy.

It will not harm you. If you think it will, then it is not the site that has a problem, it is the person who is harmed.

Don't fix something that isn't broken.

Now who do I get to spoon with? This could be better than manwife!

[edit on 10/18/06 by niteboy82]

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
good article chissler, i give yours the way above. your right keep an open mind, that is how we learn. thank you for your opinion i loved it greatly. your very first article at the beginning.

[edit on 18-10-2006 by littlebird]

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
Anger, as with any other strong emotion, is to a degree important in debating. If we all got along like merry little valium chompers, this site would be comprised of a bunch of agreeing debutantes that missed their cotillion. (ie., bad, and not very pretty.)

I disagree. Passion is a positive emotion in debating, anger is not. Anger will only cloud your judgment, making you seek out information to support your argument, ignoring that which doesn't, and will make you unwilling to concede when you are wrong. I can debate passionately with friends, but rarely get angry, and those debates are always the most productive and entertaining.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Then, I suggest that this thread also be closed because it is another person's attempts for "attention grabbing".

Instead of Chissler complaining about letting behavioral issues being "blown out of proportion", he should try to exhibit the best that ATS has to offer. But he doesn't. He complains about it and gets patted on the head for it.

And no, it isn't attention grabbing. But, I'd say that Chissler's continued posting of other threads regarding kindness in which he was involved in pretty much indicates the same if not more. Maybe he's the one who should get off down from that cross.

Or is there a double standard for some to "attention grab" while others get punished for their acts?

It would be very kind to let me post my thread in peace without it being closed down. It would be very kind to suspend this thread because it was posted in retaliation to mine.

It would be very kind. But, I'm learning that kindness is in the eye of the beholder.

Otherwise, I will take your advice and be kind elsewhere on the board quietly. This is the last I'll say on this topic.

But please close this thread because it doesn't serve any other purpose except to generate divisiveness.

[edit on 18-10-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Oh, you need to come off it.

Two things:

Stop victimizing yourself. People are supporting you, disagreeing is not an attempt to hurt you.

&

I have completely supported you in your thread. While others bashed you, I stepped in to defend you. Even when I admitted to disagreeing with your purpose, I explained how you were completely within your right to discuss it.

Now you turn on me after your threads are closed?

As intrepid has told you, this is a community. Not one person is above the community. I think I'll take another dosage of WCIP's medication.

I am really dissapointed that you point fingers at me, I really thought I went to bat for you in your threads. Things shouldn't become personal though, shame on me I guess.

Then, I suggest that this thread also be closed because it is another person's attempts for "attention grabbing".

Attention grabbing? I'm not even going to grace a response to that one.

Maybe he's the one who should get off down from that cross.

What? Your taking quotes from other members that were directed at you, and directing them at me. I never told you to come down off the cross. Do you have a personal plan to burn all bridges? Maybe you forgot it was I who was defending you throughout your thread.

It would be very kind to let me post my thread in peace without it being closed down. It would be very kind to suspend this thread because it was posted in retaliation to mine.

It wasn't. It was in response to the massive amount of posts & threads that have been on this subject. It was directed at members who are screaming about CT'er comments, etc. Thank you for the assumption though.

But please close this thread because it doesn't serve any other purpose except to generate divisiveness.

If the staff feel this thread has served its purpose, then they should close it. I would accept their judgement and move on. Not troll in other threads and attempt to hijack the message.

I apologize in advance staff members. This one has actually gotten under my skin because I have spent the last few hours defending this member. Now it is I who is having the finger pointed at, by the very member I have been fighting for.

[edit on 18-10-2006 by chissler]

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ceci2006

Instead of Chissler complaining about letting behavioral issues being "blown out of proportion", he should try to exhibit the best that ATS has to offer. But he doesn't. He complains about it and gets patted on the head for it.

He complains, and then you prove him wrong by throwing a hissy fit because we won't talk about kindness or whatever you were on about in your threads...both of which got closed down. The difference between you and chissler is that you were on abotu somethign vague, and got a thread closed. You then started a SECOND thread to try to get attention to yourself and your cause.

Isn't your blog a place for soapboxing and preaching? You complained, and instead of mucking up your thread, he posted a different set of complaints.

It would be very kind. But, I'm learning that kindness is in the eye of the beholder.

Perhaps the practice of doing what you preach would make others 'kinder' towards you. Or did you mean kind as in sympathetic to you, your point of view, without disagreeing?

Otherwise, I will take your advice and be kind elsewhere on the board quietly. This is the last I'll say on this topic.But please close this thread because it doesn't serve any other purpose except to generate divisiveness.

This isn't kindness, it's rabblerousing. I very much doubt this will be the last you say. Hell, you already have two blog posts on the matter. Of course...the divisiveness you claim this thread starts is, of course, spawned of the divisiveness caused by your own 'kindness' threads.

DE

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
You need to get off your high horse. You don't have a premium of kindness here. But you act as if you do.

You need to stop victimizing yourself and leave me alone to speak my peace.

You are attention grabbing just the same, except yours is acceptable while mine is not. I would like to know why.

And again, because this thread is counterproductive, I would ask for it to be closed. It would be the kindness thing to do for this board so that this would stop.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
HAHA, Crissler was one who supported your "soap box" thread.

I know you want every one to feel sorry for you..

I know that you are mad because this thread was a good read and was an actual discussion.. why on earth would you come to someone elses thread and derail it.. in a blatant attack? ... lol .. oo wait there is irony in this!!!!

How... was that kind?

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
HAHA, Crissler was one who supported your "soap box" thread.

We can just leave that one at that.

Let's move on, but thank you for understanding that.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Hey Ceci,

There's a "complaint" button for a reason. Part of that reason is so people don't distract threads with their personal agendas and fits.

Give it a try, eh?

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
It doesn't matter anymore. I am sick of this. It was blatantly unfair what happened. And I would like this to be of record so that others would know about it.

Chissler said he didn't agree with what I was proposing in my thread. And since he didn't agree he posted this one.

So, I think he is contributing to the divisiveness. I know that others will not agree with me. But I think he is and he has the sanction of others to do so.

Now, I will go off into the sunset and say no more. But no, I don't want anyone's pity.

I would rather be left alone.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
This is Chissler's thread. If anyone can demand it be closed its Chissler, or a mod.
One cannot go around demanding that threads be closed when they do not go your way.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Personally IMO your acting like a 5 year old.

Your making the ATS community very upset if you could see past your self, why don't you just leave it alone? Stop attacking peoples threads? All because people didn't like your DEMAND..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join