It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this be the Next Presidential Strategy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Instead of waging future wars overseas with the Axis of Evil, why not let them have nukes and with the saved money, we(America) invest a ridiculous amount of money into space related technologies.

This action would do 2 things for the US

1. It would show the US for what she truely is passive unless provoked.

2. Help mankind to colonize the solar system.

3. Give the American's a new industry.

4. Give the US Military new technologies.

5. Finally, it would give us a cool NASA.

What do you guys think, could this be a winning presidential policy in '08 and for which party? And if not, why not?

Maybe the political party could connect a stronger space program to alternative fuels too, just a thought?

[edit on 17-10-2006 by Low Orbit]

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I agree with you. It is not that simple but America should become more passive and spend our money on technolgy R&D instead of wars.

Your right that these things would make America great. I still want them to finish the Super Conducting Super Colider.

external source

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Would the rest of the world be beholden to the good ol US of A ?

This would just make the USA more powerful

resi

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Making the US a more powerful nation doesn't by default mean that we will become the moral agent everyone needs to obey, on the contrary, our morality would be shown by our actions instead of by our words as our current foreign policy has it. Morality is always up to the individual, as far as I'm concerned there is only God to be beholden to, the rest of the people just want things from you.

This new policy would be about leading by example and not concerning ourselves with other's problems, unless they choose to concern us in theirs.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Instead of waging future wars overseas with the Axis of Evil, why not let them have nukes and with the saved money, we(America) invest a ridiculous amount of money into space related technologies.

I agree. Except we are missing one key ingredient... We really need to devise a better education system. Certainly our colleges and universities are pretty good... but our public schools suffer from a long overdue makeover. If you want to explore the solar system you need to really interest young people in space and science.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Scramjet, I remember hearing a few years ago that if we as a nation decided to axe the JSF(joint strike fighter) program we would be able to put everyone in grade school and high school nationwide through 4 years of college for free!

I agree with you scramjet, our children's education will be a critical step in moving the next generation of NASA forward.

new topics

top topics

join