It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
SLOAR WATER TECHNOLOGY
FROM THE COAST WE BUILD CANELS 50 60 MILES INLAND .THE SEA WATER THEN
FLOWS INTO HUGE MAN MADE LAKES I PREFER THE NAME SOLAR LOCHS.
WE HEAT THE WATER WITH SOLAR POWER EXTRACTING THE SALT TO LEAVE FREASH DRINKING WATER.AS THE WARM AIR RISES FROM SOLAR LOCHS IT JUST MAY CREATE RAIN CLOUDS
KZZZY HEIGHTS

Mod Edit: CAPS title

[edit on 17-10-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
would it be cheeper 2 invent a decent filter system????

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kzzzy
SLOAR WATER TECHNOLOGY
FROM THE COAST WE BUILD CANELS 50 60 MILES INLAND .THE SEA WATER THEN
FLOWS INTO HUGE MAN MADE LAKES I PREFER THE NAME SOLAR LOCHS.
WE HEAT THE WATER WITH SOLAR POWER EXTRACTING THE SALT TO LEAVE FREASH DRINKING WATER.AS THE WARM AIR RISES FROM SOLAR LOCHS IT JUST MAY CREATE RAIN CLOUDS
KZZZY HEIGHTS

Are you heating the water in the lakes? If so,then that wont make fresh water,unless you have a way of catching the evaporating moisture.If you're letting the air rise freely in the atmosphere,then how are you creating fresh water? Please elaborate in more detail your ideas.

In the 50's and 60's there was an idea (created by the govt) to create a trans-continental canal. The idea was to create a canal stretching across the country by using small, low-yield nukes. But of course the plan was never put into action.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
NO NO NO IT WOULD NOT

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
THE SOLAR LOCHS ARE HEATED WITH SLOAR POWER EXTRACTING THE SALT LEAVEING FREASH WATER,I DO NOT KNOW FOR SURE IF IT WILL CREATE RAIN BUT EVEN IF IT DOES NOT WERE STILL LEFT WITH CLEAN WATER IN THE SOLAR LOCHS

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
That would work but not in the way you said, take a look at the greenhouses, if you have a pool inside a green house the water inside will voporize on the roof and walls then can be conducted to a reservoir, that water will be destiled water / pure h2o
to do that on a large scale is possible, but not necessarily a gingantic grenhouse rather several small domes would do the trick but of course a good water filter would work much better.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Read up on Victor Schauberger's Implosion technology. I think that will be the wave of the future.

[edit on 17-10-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
THESE SOLAR LOCHS WILL BRING CLEAN WATER AND GROW 3RD WORLD NATIONS CROPS ,QUENCHING THRIST.ALSO WATER COULD BE PUMPED INTO RIVER SYSTEMS TO ERADICATE POLLUTION,AS WELL AS THAT THE WARM WATER
ALONG WITH WIND AND WAVE POWER WILL CREATE HUGE AMOUNT OF ENERGY
WE MUST SET UP THIS PROJECT AS A CHARITY BOB GELDOF STYLE IM SURE MANY ROCK POP STARS WOULD SUPPORT THIS IDEA AND HELP TO FUND THE MAKING OF THESE CANELS AND SOLAR LOCHS

KZZZY...

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   

THE SOLAR LOCHS ARE HEATED WITH SLOAR POWER EXTRACTING THE SALT LEAVEING FREASH WATER

You're just going to have hot salty water if you leave it open to the air. If you're talking about a solar distiller then you'll have fresh water, but it's not very fast and it doesn't create any energy.

WE HEAT THE WATER WITH SOLAR POWER EXTRACTING THE SALT

Can you detail the process a little more?

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I AM NOT A SCIANTIST ,IM A POET AND THINKER .I HAVE BEEN GIVEN THIS IDEA FROM A HIGHER POWER .BUT BE SURE OF THIS. IT WILL CREATE FREASH WATER IT MAY CREATE RAIN,AND IT WILL CREATE ENERGY

MONEY COMES
MONEY GOES
SPRIATS PLAY
AND RIVERS FLOW...

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
You should get details from your "higher power", because from what you said you're just going to have hot salty water and nothing else.
A greenhouse over your "loch" would catch the evaporating water. The water would then run down the sides into troughs and be directed to some kind of container. You would have totally fresh water no problem, but no energy production.
Without an enclosure you won't get any fresh water because it just evaporates into the air and drifts away.......

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I'd like to say a few things.
1) The only way that would work is to collect the water that evaporates off. The water is removed from the salt, rather than the salt from the water.
2) There is already a less expensive and simpler way to get pure water, which involves freezing it rather than heating it. Solar power is rather complicated compared to the much simpler process of freezing.
3) Where did you get the wind and wave idea from?

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I'd have to say that there are many more efficient & less expensive methods to accomplish these tasks.

Also as CaptainIraq stated. The water is removed from the salt, not vice versa. Therefore the "lochs" would eventually be filled with salt & other contaminant matter, and require constant dredging, which would in turn cost more money & downtime.

I also have the same question as CI with respect to the WIND & WAVE reference you made. How does this factor in with the "loch" design you have described?

top topics

join