It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God ever have a New Thought?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Definition of thought: an element of either language and/or vision/image.

I believe in God's Omniscience and believe He has knowledge of everything instantaneously. Thus, I believe that He has always known everything and that He never has had a new thought as a new thought would never be necessary for His Actions and Creations. If He had a new thought an element of the Universe would control Him; instead, He always controls the entire Universe.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech

I believe in God's Omniscience and believe He has knowledge of everything instantaneously. Thus, I believe that He has always known everything and that He never has had a new thought as a new thought would never be necessary for His Actions and Creations. If He had a new thought an element of the Universe would control Him; instead, He always controls the entire Universe.

Awsome question. Awesome thread!

If god were to have a new thought, it most certainly would have to come in the form of a question that god has either not been asked before, or that god has not asked yet.

i feel you on your thoughts of instantaneously.

but, i also believe god may also be constantly re-evaluating creation. and, then drawing upon everything god knows, creates a new thought, intangible or otherwise.

god needs a purpose as well, right?

and our god is the god of creation, right?

so when a new thing is created (even a baby), then that would be god's new thought, perhaps.

without a need to create, then would a god of creation still be the god of creation?

i think there is a possibility god likes to create. perhaps that is what would define a thought from god's mind?

just some thoughts i had after reading your thread. One of the best threads you have had in about a week or so.

Good thread GreatTech!!!

i only percieve one thing that i may dissagree with, but i must say that your thought on the subject may not be wrong.

you said:

If He had a new thought an element of the Universe would control Him; instead, He always controls the entire Universe.

control is a strong word. i think god is more like a collaborator. acting when god must, and defining the borders of our actions and behaviors.

but, if god "controls" everything, it limits the odds of us truly having free will.

i see a little bit of conflict with an all controlling god and that same god providing us with free will. could our will be free if we were controlled?

that is just a rhetorical question. (i use rhetorical in the sense that i don't really expect an answer, nor do i have a concrete one to supply you with). it is just a question to get us to think about it.

this thread has been a catalyst for thought for me,

thanks again GreatTech,
john paul peter

edit to add:
"You have voted GreatTech for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month."

[edit on 17-10-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
With God, there is no beginning or end. There is nothing new or old, so there is no new or old thought. God always existed and will always exist; there is nothing new or old to Him. If one were to create a dividing line between the period before the creation of this Universe and after, God would remain the same with Omniscient thoughts, none of which are new or old. Praise God in His Infinite Love and Power!!!

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Man can't conceptualize an infinite being. Our language, thought processes, and primitive emotions separate us from the infinite Godhead.

And even trying to describe God in human terms is insulting to the creator.

[edit on 18-10-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
whaaa, I do not think its insulting to the Creator if we attempt with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength to describe Him in the greatest possible terms. If we insulate ourselves and others around us from the Greatest Being, we may lack the Praise of the Creator to get through the next day. If we do not attempt to know the Creator, which frequently requires the help of others through the mention of His name, we may not be prepared for the next Life.

I believe the word God is ineffable in thought, speech, or writing only when we do not Praise Him to the fullest extent of our capacity.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
GreatTech,I'd say that you have pretty much hit the proverbial nail on the head. I don't think God really has any need or use for "thought," at least not the kind of "thought" humans know.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   

With God, there is no beginning or end. There is nothing new or old, so there is no new or old thought. God always existed and will always exist; there is nothing new or old to Him. If one were to create a dividing line between the period before the creation of this Universe and after, God would remain the same with Omniscient thoughts, none of which are new or old. Praise God in His Infinite Love and Power!!!

=) Wonderful words. Yet let's let God not have any sex and just be ALL that is, ever was, and ever will be.
(eternal existence)

♥~Infinite Love and Eternal Peace~♥

[edit on 19-10-2006 by UbiquitousInfiniteReality]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I believe the concept of time does not apply to God, we can't limit God to time and space because God is eternal, so there would be no "new" or "old" to him. These are only human concepts.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
I believe the concept of time does not apply to God, we can't limit God to time and space because God is eternal, so there would be no "new" or "old" to him. These are only human concepts.

Precisely! Right on =) Now apply to your existence and your universe

♥~Infinite Love and Eternal Peace~♥

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Each thought is a useful thought. We must discern between what is a God "through Himself thought" versus a God "through Satan thought." God has no new or old thoughts, but we humans do. We must be grateful to God for a new and good thought. Even better is to combine the new and good thought with old thoughts that have been properly discerned as good or evil. Goodness must always be accepted, and evil always rejected.

Through the grace of God may we always be blessed with new and good thoughts. May we also always be able to discern between what is good and what is evil.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
If God did have a new thought, would He keep it to Himself? For how long? Would He give it to one, a few, or all Heaven beings or Hell beings? Humans, animals, or plants?

If God did have an old thought, would He keep it to Himself? For how long? Would He give it to one, a few, or all Heaven beings or Hell beings? Humans, animals, or plants?

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   

How about this....

God knows everything, because NOTHING has happened before him...?

God sees everything for what it is, because nothing has existed before he seen it.

A New Thought would automatically imply something has occured beforehand.
and to imply that, you would be implying that either the old thought was good, or bad.
these implications would color your ...'NEW' experience with PAST colors... meaning, they are PRE-MEASURED... we know God is immeasureable, having NO LIMITS, so No, he never has NEW Thoughts, he simply has THOUGHT, it is neither NEW nor OLD.

I would like to stress, that you seek the meaning in this, and its implications.

I would like to throw this in here for the person who mentioned God and love.. (or worldly love) ..

ps: Sex was invented by God to see the Future. lol

[edit on 10/31/2006 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I would say that God knows everything already, that is why He is God and we cannot be.

It appears that He already has all of eternity eternity planned out:

Ephesians 2:[7] That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Is God content knowing everything already? Many humans who know God that created themselves become discontent with there current level of knowledge. Is this a human simulation in the way that God thinks? Does this provoke God to a new thought?

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Is God content knowing everything already? Many humans who know God that created themselves become discontent with there current level of knowledge. Is this a human simulation in the way that God thinks? Does this provoke God to a new thought?

excellent question, but keep in mind, nothing is new... what we think is new, is pre-measured against our past...

You are still thinking of GOD as a seperate thing.. This is incorrect...

The current level of their knowledge is inaccurate, because God is still unknown or an illusion to them.
Lets put it this way..
You cannot offend GOD, You cannot miscalculate GOD, because the only thing that can calculate something is something that was pre-existant to the thing being calculated..
You know this p1sses me off because this is so hard to explain, because we think of everything as seperate and we view ourselves alone in this vast sea of potentials.

PAST=DEAD
NOW=ALIVE
FUTURE=DEAD

The part where people become discouraged or angry is likened to the character of the Mad Hatter... he's gone down the rabbit hole but is angry being there... mostly because he doesn't understand the implications of it........
I will post more later... but really think of the fact that the past and future are dead, or rather intangible.. this

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
GreatTech,I'd say that you have pretty much hit the proverbial nail on the head. I don't think God really has any need or use for "thought," at least not the kind of "thought" humans know.

perfect!

god does not require to know all things at the same time.
god just brain dumps it out to us, and together we know it, too.
but, trying to remember everything is also what escalates death.
we are not required to remember everything, only to share it with one another.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Man can't conceptualize an infinite being. Our language, thought processes, and primitive emotions separate us from the infinite Godhead.

And even trying to describe God in human terms is insulting to the creator.

"what are you talking to me?"

knock knock.

"who is there?"

Who asks who? knock knock!

who has the authority to insult the god of creation?
for a human to believe that they alone can insult god, is perplexing to the least.

you said:
"Our language, thought processes, and primitive emotions separate us from the infinite Godhead."

keep your language, but look at it from all angles.

if your thought processes and primitive emotions separate you from the infinite godhead, then try to quantify and define those primitive emotions that separate you from the infinite godhead. if your thought processes separate you from the infinite godhead, then perhaps you should evaluate your thought processes as well. perhaps the only reason you are seperated from god is because you fear god?

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Thinking is different from knowing! God is the creator, therefore he Creates. Creation in constantly in motion. So, I would have to say he has a lot of new thoughts!

Tim

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost01
Thinking is different from knowing! God is the creator, therefore he Creates. Creation in constantly in motion. So, I would have to say he has a lot of new thoughts!

Tim

Does God think? Thinking implies that you have new thoughts. If you already know, you do not think. You have no need to think. God already knows, does not think, and does not have new thoughts.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Does God think? Thinking implies that you have new thoughts. If you already know, you do not think. You have no need to think. God already knows, does not think, and does not have new thoughts.

So why is our world constantly changing? Look in the world of sciencs. New spieces and even new celestial objects are always appearing. If you don't think, you can't create.

If God never has a new though, where is all the New stuff coming from?

Tim

[edit on 12-11-2006 by Ghost01]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join