posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 03:19 AM
This is, in my humble opinion, scaremongering at it's very worst or, at the very least, pandering to the terrorist - which of course is what he or
There will never be a nuclear exchange between the United States of America and any other country in the world because, apart from China or the former
Soviet Union, no other country has the weapons or more importantly, the means and the will, to use them. The other reason is that the semi-trained
monkey now occupying the White House, will soon be leaving office and the world will be a safer place.
Having said that, thanks to UN/UK/US foreign policies, there are enough countries being run by despotic or demonic dictators who would give their arms
and legs for a nuclear weapon. Ain't gonner happen! Period!
Terrorist groups around the world hanker after the Holy Grail - that unobtainable Weapon of Mass Destruction - a nuclear device. BUT, they
really do not need a nuclear device to wreak havoc anywhere in the continental United States. They have in their arsenal, the biggest weapon they
could ever hope to employ - Mass Hysteria!
Just look what happened the other day when a rock star inadvertantly flew into the side of a building. Near panic.
However, having said all that, should diplomacy deteriorate to an all time low, here's what you do:
1. Dig a trench in your garden (UK) or back yard [US] 6 feet long x 6 feet deep and 2 foot wide.
2. At one end of the trench, dig another smaller trench off at a right angle - about 4 x 4 x 2.
3. When all digging is complete, reinforce the sides with wrinkly tin and 6 or 2 foot metal pickets.
4. Having completed the reinforcing, return to your small trench, dig down not less than 20 feet and construct a room to your own specifications.
5. When you have completed your hideaway room, stock it with beds, sanitary arrangements, tinned food, bottled water and an air purification system
with spare filters and a generator plus spare fuel.
6. By now, you should be happy with your construction but will need to provide top cover. Over the trenches place wooden support beams but NOT
concrete or steel RSJs. [Note: the support beams should be long enough to overlap your trenches by at least 2 foot either side]
7. Cover these with heavy duty tarps and nail firmly in place.
8. Over this, pile all the soil from your excavations and tamp down until firm, then replace the sods or grass.
You have now finished your own nuclear trench and bunker which has only cost you a couple of hundred £s or $s and, more importantly, you can
survive a nuclear event.
Incidentally, the top cover should be not less than 18 inches of compacted soil.
Of course there may well be a nuclear exchange between the US and the UK if we don't get our independance back!