It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deny Ignorance! Lose friends... wtf?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Hey Ya'll

I just felt compelled to talk to you about how angry people get when you try to help them reach a higher consciousness. Wow, people refuse to hear anything other than what they have been programmed to believe.

I dont preach by any means, only mention things hoping people perk with an interest. Very rare but Im not telling ya'll anything, huh.

It blows my mind. Im new here so if this is out of line, sorry... I just cant get over how angry people get.

Is it because Im a young woman that people get SO ANGRY, trying with no facts or bases to discredit anything I may lay on the table for them just to take a look at?

Is it because people are scared of enlightenment? My God, thats all I seek!

There are, simply, two types of people:

People that get it

and

People that dont.

Try to enlighten those that dont and you'll get a backlash as if you insulted their mother.

Like a 5 yr old... I still ask bright-eyed...

Why?

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I can only speak for myself, but there are some things that are better left to subtlety. Spend your time learning all that you can about as much as you can. Share with people only what they are capable of comprehending. I think you can tell when you've reached a person's capacity.

If you do all that you can to nurture your own learning, sooner or later, someone will seek out your knowledge. It is not for all of us to enlighten the world. For many of us, just a few is all we will ever really influence, but never underestimate the power of the few.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I am young but have this, and always have, overwhelming need to self-educate myself. I understand one cannot learn if always speaking. Maybe its because I grew up on a rez that I "think" people should be more open-minded.

I am going to work on letting people do as I have, get it on their own. If they want help they can find me or others. It isnt my job.

What a relieve... it isnt my job. Thanks!

Deny Ignorance!

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Little One
I just felt compelled to talk to you about how angry people get when you try to help them reach a higher consciousness.

If you start with the idea that you're trying to "help them reach a higher consciousness" it could be a problem. It's all in communication style, but something like that tends to put others on the defensive (ie. anger) because your establishing up front that you are superior and correct.

By saying it that way, the message gets lost in the communication. Just a thought.

I sounds like from your background, you might understand it's not what you say, so much as how you say it.

Welcome to ATS

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I'm a young adult as well, little one. I understand where you are coming from and it's always beneficial to increase your knoweledge and become "enlightened". It's frustrating when trying to carry on a "deep" conversation with the shallow and superficial crowd. It's very possible that they just aren't interested in becoming "enlightened", and just care about sex and monetary things, but to each his own I guess.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I've found that, for most, a change in/of personal "beliefs" can be a rather painful experience.

More often than not, the initial reaction/response is to retaliate in defense of a given stance/position, yet if/when careful and open-minded consideration is allowed or pursued it becomes a hard pill to swallow.

Some will, Many won't.

... if only to "protect" that which they've been taught, compelled, or conditioned to believe.

Little One,
Don't give up in your endeavors to enlighten others. Stay true to your convictions and others may eventualy "come 'round" to your way of thinking.

However, I must say, Always make certain that you question your own beliefs first, prior to asserting such to those around you.

Just sayin'
$.02

[edit: to add]
Welcome to ATS, Little One!

I hope that you enjoy your time on the boards and as a member of the ATS Community.

To assist with and enhance your experience, be sure to check out:

About AboveTopSecret.com

ATS Terms & Conditions Of Use

General Etiquette

Zedd's Handbook of ATS Links

[edit on 10/17/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Thanks very much ya'll, especially you 12m8keall2c. I got points !

Being an old soul in a new body is hard. Awesome to see others have dealth with it. I just hope to turn it into a more positive way of life rather than it be a burden on it.

With ya'lls help, I should be able to find a safe medium.

12m8keall2c, know whats freaky? Your name is like sick close to my real name. Earily close.

He is one of 'them'! RUN! hehe. Kidding.

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Howdy Little One,

You're from a rez? Which tribe? I'm Sac & Fox, myself.

The Sac have a saying: "Wisdom comes in Listening."

The tribal elders will not talk over the young. They will listen and wait, and when all is quiet, they speak. Everyone listens when the elders speak because it is so rare when they do, and when they do speak it is usually brief. The wise listen to their words and mull them over, because by the next powow, that elder may be walking with the ennui.

For those that do not attend powows, and have no tribe, watch any Kevin Smith movie with Silent Bob in it. For the vast majority of the movie, he never speaks. When he does speak it is usually brief, humorous, and insightful. People might not remember any part of the rest of the dialogue in the movie, but they remember the words that Silent Bob speaks.

If you wish to be taken seriously when you speak, but your physical age acts against you when face to face, then practice the art of silence, listening, and do not speak until everyone around you has quieted down and are themselves listening for the next words. Then speak. Be brief. Be sincere. Be seated. People will listen and mull over one sentence far longer than they will lengthy speeches about enlightenment. I babble on ATS all the time, because people can pause in reading, go back and read later, and half the time I'm typing for myself anyway, but in real life, I say little more than a few sentences a day when not talking to customers.

Hope this helps.

top topics

join