It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why doesn't the US accept NK's declaration of war?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
How could I have been so dense? Of course its because N. Korea doesn't have oil. No, it couldn't possibly be because they now apparently have nuclear weapons and have just become far, far more dangerous. A nuclear power must be treated differently than a non nuclear power, simply because it only takes one nuke to erase millions of lives. Nope, couldn't possibly be that.

And thats different to the Pre-War claims of Iraq being able to launch a nuke within 45 minutes, how?

posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Why doesn't the US declare war on NK? I would say it sounds like a big waste of resources and would cost the lives of millions of Koreans. The US wouldn't really have much to gain from it except a little bit of peace and security knowing one threat was eliminated that kept threatening and threatening.

Basically NK is trying to get some goodies from the west by threatening all of us. Bush is not giving in to blackmail. The former administration agreed to give him goodies to comply and everyone thought that worked. It did not. North Korea has already shown they can't be trusted.

Perhaps calmer heads will prevail and a carrot will be offered to end NK's nuclear program with several inspections to monitor compliance. The US could even agree not to attack if NK drops their nuclear program. I hope there are enough sane people to work this out peacefully.

We want an end to NK's nuclear program and NK wants to lift sanctions. Hopefully a deal can be worked out.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join