It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is U.S. Government Using LSD for Interrogations?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   

In a new court filing on behalf of alleged dirty bomber Jose Padilla, his lawyers allege that government interrogators forced him to take '___', Gerstein reported.

"Additionally, Padilla was given drugs against his will, believed to be some form of lysergic acid diethylamide ('___') or phencyclidine (PCP), to act as a sort of truth serum during his interrogations," he quotes the filing.

Now, There are some important details that aren't explained: Padilla's lawyers don't say what effects the prisoner reported to make them conclude it was '___' or PCP, nor do they report how many times such a drug or drugs were administered. And as any self-respecting child of the D.A.R.E era knows, '___' and PCP typically produce wildly different behavior (neither of which is particularly helpful if you're trying to get information out of someone).

Still -- if their charge is accurate, it's disturbing and bizarre. Of course, the U.S. government pioneered research into '___' in particular in the 1950s and 60s. CIA officers even tested the drug by surruptitiously dosing each other, leading at least one acid-tripping spook to run in a paranoid frenzy through Washington D.C. and over a bridge into Virginia, where his co-workers later found him cowering under a fountain. Link

If this were found to be true it wouldn't surpise me. Considering what other alleged inhumanities were inflicted on this man, it would fit in perfectly with their game plan.
It took three years for a US citizen too have his Constitutional rights enforced and it took a decision from the Supremes to do it. Those who believe that this kind of thing could never happen to them should think again.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Wow, I honestly dont see how that would help with an interrogation. First of all you are out of your mind. Then again if its used with other drugs to counter some of the effects it might be effective..I dunno, intresting though
I've heard that if you use '___' more than 10 times your legally insane...is that true?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
removed personal comment

[edit on 17-10-2006 by masqua]

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   
On a flipside, I think its fair enough.
AS long as you dont OD them, or continue it enough to melt there brain..

forcing them to take a tablet that will lower your defense and release your mind, is alot better than torture.

Its probably happenin, and has been happening for a long damn time.

If It saves the life of just one person...

whats a few brain cells?

[edit on 17-10-2006 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
This is MK ultra Lite,just like torture lite.
Maybe the drugs were given to induce fear in the victim,rather than to gain information.
Darkside stuff,yet again by the powers.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Since this thread will naturally turn to the effects of '___', I'd like to point out that posters should stick to the clinical data rather than personal experience.

This is because of the rules of this board as laid out in the Terms and Conditions

In particular, this rule;

2e.) Illegal Activity: Discussion of any illegal activities such as drug use... are strictly forbidden.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
'___' is now a Schedule I substance and I seriously doubt it would be allowed to be used even in the most secretive of our government agencies. Sodium pentathol or something else like that would both be legal and more effective.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I could see this. '___' is only the 25th derivetive of Lysergic acid. There are thousands of derivitaves of lysergic acid. It's the dyethylamide derivetive that gives it the D in '___'. Hoffmann discovered '___' when he was trying to derive a form of Lysergic acid that would help with menstration I believe. So, it might be a derivetave that doesn't neccessarily make you "trip" but acts as a truth serum...but very close.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
'___' is now a Schedule I substance and I seriously doubt it would be allowed to be used even in the most secretive of our government agencies. Sodium pentathol or something else like that would both be legal and more effective.

I agree with this. Sodium pentathol I believe actually gives you a "buzz" and could very easily be confused with an '___' "trip".

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Legality in interrogation isnt something that matters here.

What reasoning is there to use 1 mind altering chemical, but banning another?

If ones more effecitve, or brings 'different' results.. i say use it

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Even more sinister is that under '___' you could potentialy be guided along to agree with the interrogators and concure what ever charges they are trying to stick you with. You could be babbling about anything, might work in low doses as a truth serum or a type of hypnotic agent.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I'll admit that I've had a lot of experience with '___', and I absolutely don't think it's anything coming close to a truth serum.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Alcohol is a much more effective truth serum than '___', but Iv'e never had any trouble lying with either one or a combination of the two. As in, "I love you, baby"!!

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
"I love you baby." Yeah I made that drunken mistake before.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Let's try and stay on topic without the personal experiences please. I know it's easy to say I've done this and that but that is against the T&C's of this board. But yeah, it's easy to lie while on '___'. That being said, anyone read my post about the other thousands of derivatives of Lysergic acid?

Anyone ever hear about morning glory seeds or baby hawiian woodrose seeds? They both contain alot of the lysergic acid derivatives....and they work. But, niether equate to '___'25.

[edit on 10/17/2006 by Griff]

[edit on 10/17/2006 by Griff]

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
On a flipside, I think its fair enough.
AS long as you dont OD them, or continue it enough to melt there brain..

Ummm...
Would extracting information under this scenario be any more reliable or believable than extracting information under torture?

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Since this thread will naturally turn to the effects of '___', I'd like to point out that posters should stick to the clinical data rather than personal experience.

This is because of the rules of this board as laid out in the Terms and Conditions

In particular, this rule;

2e.) Illegal Activity: Discussion of any illegal activities such as drug use... are strictly forbidden.

Thanks, Masqua for that timely reminder. I wouldn't want any one to get into trouble. Besides, I didn't post this to discuss the pros and cons of '___' use, just the implications of it being used as an aid to interrogation. Thanks for staying on top of things.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Why not ? if torturing in so called 'friendly counties' to the US is okay, then I can see them doing anything & everything, including tripping people out on acid man !

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
This topic came up in my research methods and ethics class. '___' was used upon prisoners for experimentation in some prison out west(California I think). The only diffence was that the experiment followed the guidlines of research ethics, as the inmates were informed participants. We also brought up that our Gov't has in the past, used '___' on soldiers.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I belive the goverment could use '___' to cohourse the truth out of someone. '___' effects a persons perseption of time and reality. If someone were givin '___' against thier will, it would be very easy to lie and decieve them into beliveing something that was'nt real. I know from my own experiances with '___', I took '___' alot and messed with a meny of persons head. I'm not bragging or avocating drug use. I brought that up because its relavent to the topic.

I never put much thought into '___' being used as a way to interogate people, but it does make sense that it could be, now that it was brought to light.

I read something a while back about what they did to Kahlid Shake Mohammid, a terrorist they caught in Pakastan. Now this topic was brought up it sound like they may have used '___' on him. Althought the article did'nt say what drug they used.

They kept him in a prison cell in Afgahnastan, and deprived him of sleep. Then they gave him a unknown drug, and said they were gonna take him home to Saudi Arabia. They blindfolded him, took up in a air plane, and flew him around, and landed back at the same base they took off from. Then they took him into a fake movie set inside the base, and told him he was in Saudi Arabia. Then they had some arabic guys come in and say they were Saudi officals. Mohammid started telling the CIA officers that they were in deep $hit because they were in his homeland. He started telling high ranking Saudi officles phone numbers and stuff. I guess they got all kinds of info out of him.

If someone has no sense of reality and dont know whats real, sure it would be easy to get info out of them.

Thier not using '___' a truth syrum, thier using it as a tool to decive a person to get to the truth.

If I'm not mistaken Jose Padilla is a US citizen what happend to his constatutional rights?

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I'm thinking '___' would certainly hinder an iterrogation,said person would have mind wandering,probably laughing at their questions,think the would use sodium penathol

new topics

top topics

join