It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea rally live on Skynews

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
turn it on now, if your in the UK, its pretty amazing. Touch lit rally in their capital, across the population is forced to do it but its a really amazing site to see. Apparently its an "anti-imperialism" celebration.

reminds me of the Nazi's...which is worrying

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
wow, I was just watching it on sky news when it suddenly ended :S

are they really forced to do that sort of thing? I seen a few of the guys and girls smiling...not sure what to make of that..didn't look like they were faking it either

CX

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Watching it here too, quite a sight.

Like an evil olympic ceremony at Bohemian Grove!

CX.

[edit on 17/10/06 by CX]

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Yup iam watching myself.......quite a sight...as the sky news anchor said , they are a very very defeint nation and this shows it

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I don't know why, but it sent a chill up my spine watching it...

there was just something creepy about it, but beautiful at the same time. strange.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
That's exactly that I thought as well...the whole thing was so surreal and creepy

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I wish I could see it :-/ Gotta wait and hope for YouTube...

CX

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
This any help?

N. Korean rally

CX.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
that's good

I tried watching this on fox news but the presenters were trying to be smartasses by making crude comments every 2 minutes...so I switched to sky news

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
It reminds of the Nazi convention. It really does.

CX

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Very eery, a Sky News newsreader just said he hoped they did'nt have a big suprise lined up as the end of ceremony finale!

Sure hope not with all the recent activity.

CX.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Well that gave me my dose of heebie jeebies for the day. The huge hammer monument looming out of the dark and all those thousands of obedient citizens... Did anybody see an audience? I didn't, and I think that was the creepiest part..

Also, did you notice somebody dropped their torch and may have even set themselves on fire? At around 3:25 in the video, you only see it for a second and then they switch to a different view, but you can see a torch drop in the second row and it gets very bright on the ground like legs burning. Then there's a long view from the front and you can see several spots burning at leg height in the crowd, but nobody breaking ranks.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The darkness was the creepy part of it.

the only light were the people, but yet, i still find it really beautiful

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

THAT is what this reminds me of...pseudonazi rallies. This clip is from a game called Killzone, but damn...the similarities are uncanny. Three pillars, waves of light in the crowd, regimented citizens...

DE

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
It was on the BBC news as well, I felt unease at how they kept inferring that there were people starving in North Korea. Yes, I know that it's true, but does it really need repeating?

Ever since the Falklands I am wary of any sort of focus on the media against another country, as truths soon turn to half-truths. I am sure that we are not going to go into conflict with North Korea (we don't have the resources for one thing, plus thaey have nukes now), but these sorts of things designed to colour foreign relations still make me wary.

I remember, when the war was almost a given, an article in the News of the World saying that two-thirds of Argentineans had anal sex with their wives and were thus latent homosexuals, therefore they were evil - it seems ridiculous now.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The people who took part in the rally, do not get pay and some (not all) get a free meal.

everything that looks beautiful, tends to have a tragic face to it

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Whilst on the topic, they tend to have an annual celebration called the Mass Games, which is similar, but smaller (maybe you've seen images of the large panels in the background that are all being held up and changed by people on cue?) There was an excellent documentary on it, which was a rare insight into North Korea on Channel 4 a few years ago.

I'll see what I can dig up.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
As many have said before, me the first words that popped to mind were 'Nazis'.

If this is anything to go by, I think we may have a problem on our hands, thousands of people willing to do what they are told without questioning it.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
As many have said before, me the first words that popped to mind were 'Nazis'.

If this is anything to go by, I think we may have a problem on our hands, thousands of people willing to do what they are told without questioning it.

thats why no one wants to use military force on North Korea

millions of people are brainwashed and will do anything that Kim Jong Il tells them.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The pictures of NK that I've seen are one part Albert Speers wet dream, one part filthy hovels.

Look at how quasi-military everything looks. Damn. If we get into a war, we'd better bomb the place so hard not even the air stands upright.

DE

<<   2 >>

join