It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worldwide petition for the resignation of GWBush, please sign!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Please, if you believe in all that is good in humanity, and dispise the suffering of human beings at the hands of mad men, sign the petition to have GWBush Resign.

www.thepetitionsite.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 05:45 AM
link   
This may seem paranoid, but I just don't think that's a good idea.

There's no way I'm putting my name into something like that, not even a fake name.

EDIT- It won't work anyway, no matter how many people sign that, he wont budge.

[edit on 17-10-2006 by Zanzibar]

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 05:48 AM
link   
What have we become we're citizens cannot even protest there dislike for an administration, a democratic administration supposildy elected by the people.

I understand your doubt, and I agree that unfortunately... nothing short of death will remove this man from the presidency.

Reading some of the comments people have left,
It apperas GWBush has changed everyones opinion about anything they beleived to be just and fair in the world of international politics.

This man should be making every human on the planet SICK!
and if he isnt, unforunately... u then also make me sick!

[edit on 17-10-2006 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Or you could just wait until 2008?

Seriously, why bother with petitions that NEVER work when it would take more than the remainder of his term for the thing to kick into action?

It's not that I want him in office, or that I like him... but petitions just aren't a great idea.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   
The mightnt work, but it means something when you have 10,000+ signatures on a paper agreeing to various war crimes committed by a man that uses the media to potray him as being innocent of those charges.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:02 AM
link   
It means nothing if its a worldwide petition.

Only the American people have the right to vote in American politics, and only they're choosen representatives can decide if something is impeach worthy.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Thats a pitty isnt it.
Being its another country that is suffering at the hands of your country.
Maybe of more americans chose to look at the facts, instead of the TV they'd all be in agreeance.

The world needs a voice, because the day will come where America is judged for its actions in these crimes against humanity.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Thats a pitty isnt it.
Being its another country that is suffering at the hands of your country.

Thats a way of life, welcome to the real world. Every action has a reaction, every country has its misdeeds.

Maybe of more americans chose to look at the facts, instead of the TV they'd all be in agreeance.

Propaganda is stronger then public opinion sadly.

The world needs a voice, because the day will come where America is judged for its actions in these crimes against humanity.

You have avoice right now, dont you? Or are you saying Big bad evil America is also repressing your thoughts?

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Cyber petitions mean nothing. Sorry. They are too easily faked and the names/IPs can be manipulated.

Bush 43 is a lame duck and will be done in 2008.

WHY would you want Bush 43 to resign when all you'd get next is Cheney. Do you really think he'd be a better president??? I don't.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Agit8ted,

I understand where you're coming from. I feel the same way.
The truth is that we should make the effort to remove him. The sad part of it is, it will not be heard.
This man is 3/4 into his presidency, has had tons of trouble, impeachment procedures have been generated against him and his cronies, and what happened to them all?
Nothing. They didnt go anywhere.

IF THERE ARE ELECTIONS at all, and by then we're not under some kind of police state which conveniently was started because of something gone "wrong", it is up to every American- EVERYONE- to vote all of the evil out of office and get a fresh start.
In the event we are not able to make a "choice", i would say we are screwed.
No amount of letters/complaints, and no voicing an opinion will be tolerated.

I have said over and over and over we are headed down a dark path unlike anything we've ever seen before- Others like us are raging mad.
What separates us? Why do some insist that Bush's policies are best?
Why does he still have people rallying around him?
Why?
Because behind every power there will always be followers. Hitler had tons of followers behind him. Stalin, and so on.

Those who are not "aware" yet of the consequences....will never be aware until it hits home.
Its almost too late to do anything.
Imagine the whole world hating you. What a power trip that must be!!! Just as good if not better than people loving you. Hatred is better than no feeling at all
and some get off on that.

In any case, filling out this form would gratify us momentarily, temporarily, but let us down in the longrun.

If worldwide demonstrations have not done anything, if his own Republican party is against his policies, if all the criticism hasnt affected this man over 5 years, what do you suppose signing a petition would do?

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Sounds like it could be the passenger list on the last train to Clarksville. No way am I putting my name on a list like that!

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by annestacey
Sounds like it could be the passenger list on the last train to Clarksville. No way am I putting my name on a list like that!
True.
Who would want to be on that train??
I dont want to be among the first at camp.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:43 AM
link   
The world can have a voice, and that voice can stay the hell out of America. Just like you're calling for America's voice to get the hell out of the rest of the world.

Signing this petition is equatable to putting yourself on the terrorist watch list. Or at least it could be. Why would you do this? Petitions have no bearing on constitutional matters.

Bush will be gone in 2009. Breathe in, breathe out, that's it.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Utterly hilarious! Sign my petition to get Bush to resign...
Seeing as how you're not even a US Citizen, I'll spare you some of the grief that is undoubtedly deserved by this silly post. The United States of America is a Democracy wherein Presidential elections are held every 4 years - our next election is held in 2008. In 2008 US CITIZENS (And some illegal aliens) will be permitted to cast their vote for the next President of the United States. This stupid petition will do NOTHING to change this Constitutional procedure. In the event that the CITIZENS of the US wish to recall or impeach the President, such an act can ONLY occur through Congrssional channels and with a super-majority; over 2/3. Forget about this nonsense!

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Be careful what you wish for, our elected president has given himself absolute powers over the citizens he can strip you of your citizenship if you become threat to his rule.

So he has made sure that he can not be touched and the congress back him up on it.

America was build under the presumption of a democracy and if you look at the meaning of democracy that is not what we have today in America.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Absolutely NOT! I voted for that man, he won a 4 year term, and should serve it out.

We doh't have a parliiamentary system where governments fall and new elections are called at certain times, we have totally fixed terms for our leaders.

Anyway, isn't such of a recruitment for such a cause against the site's T&C

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
WHY would you want Bush 43 to resign when all you'd get next is Cheney.

BINGO!!!! I think I'll stick with Dubya.

Anyone on that list might end up with a plethora of maladies such as cancer, heart attack, car wreck, self inflicted gunshot wound, severed brake line, robbery gone bad, falling off a building due to slippage, or accidentally falling into a chipper-shredder.

Peace

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
There really are a lot of lynch mob people still out there huh....

Impeach is a buzz word right now because it happened to Clinton.
Honestly, there are men that tell the president what to do who are more responsible for the state of things than he is himself. It's like blaming the president of a company when he inacts something the stock holders voted in.

Whether he finishes his term or not, the people who are the real decision makers will still be there to tell the next guy what to do. The real thinkers of the government are not voted in. They are not going away.

new topics

top topics

join