It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Says Sanctions = Declaration of War!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   
North Korea Declares WAR!!!

This is now Very worrying!! With movement at the test site and now an open declaration of War. What will happen next??

news.bbc.co.uk
North Korea says UN sanctions imposed after its nuclear bomb test are a declaration of war, state media says.
Pyongyang also warned of "merciless" blows against any country infringing on its sovereignty, the official KCNA news agency reported.

There are reports of new activity at last week's test site, and South Korea and Japan say they have intelligence of a possible second test.

The US says air samples have confirmed the 9 October blast was nuclear.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Anyone for Air Strikes NOW??

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 17-10-2006 by Neon Haze]

moed edit: misleading title

[edit on 10/17/2006 by Gools]

CX

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I think theres a very fine line between actualy declaring war and saying something a is a declaration of war. In this case i think you'll find it's the latter.

Thats said, if the line is that thin, do we want to take the risk of ignoring it?

CX.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Is it just me or is this turning out like a really bad episode of Pinky and the Brain?

I don't want to donwplay this, since there's really no telling where it will go, but at this point it's becoming a big joke every time this guy even mentions the word "war".

We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

[edit on 17-10-2006 by Astygia]

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neon Haze

news.bbc.co.uk
North Korea says UN sanctions imposed after its nuclear bomb test are a declaration of war, state media says.
Pyongyang also warned of "merciless" blows against any country infringing on its sovereignty, the official KCNA news agency reported.

There are reports of new activity at last week's test site, and South Korea and Japan say they have intelligence of a possible second test.

The US says air samples have confirmed the 9 October blast was nuclear.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Come on now!! How could they even think about attacking anyone when they can't even carry out a test of any magnitude? I'm stymied at their audacity. Who do they think they are anyway, Russia? I don't believe they have anywhere near the amount of material that they'd need to carry out such a diverse attack, and even if they did, there'd be no way in hell that anything would get anywhere, especially with China so dead set on enforcing the UN resolution.

If NK tries any funny stuff, you can rest assured that China will take care of it. It's in China's best interest to see to it that NK doesn't harm any of it's interests or allies, as the US is prone to just stop what it's doing in Iraq and go attack NK. China will see to it that it's best trading partner, the US, is protected from harm.

TheBorg

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   
What, is this another war the US will get into and not afford. wtf man... we are well on our way to the end of the states really...

Ohhhh God... THis next few yrs is going to suck... See you guys in hell after being drafted.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Why would we ignore it? We are the most hated country on earth IMO. If they get smart, they'll eventually figure out that if they all attack us, were finally out of the way. "All" meaning Russia, China, Japan, and NK. I know that wouldn't be smart considering we are the main support of china, but either way the U.S. is a major set back when it comes to domination.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I don't think it's quite that bad. I mean it's bad and all, but it could be a hell of a lot worse. NK could invade North America. Wait, what am I saying? They'd never make it past Japan, let alone Hawaii. Nevermind.

The simple facts are that NK is just tooting it's own horn here. It wants to be someone that it's not, and the world is telling them to stop acting like a little wussy if they want to be taken with any sort of latitude. I trust that the pressures being exerted on NK at this time will be sufficient for them to acquiesce once again, and for El Senor Nutjob to find something more important to do with his time, like playing a game like Command & Conquer.

That brings up an interesting question; does El Senor Nutjob even have a computer? And if so, does he play games? If so, what kind, and do they influence his actions on the world stage? Just some thoughts to keep y'all wonderin.

TheBorg

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
I think theres a very fine line between actualy declaring war and saying something a is a declaration of war. In this case i think you'll find it's the latter.

That said, if the line is that thin, do we want to take the risk of ignoring it?

CX.

Well I wouldn't view it like that.

If they say that our actions are a declaration of war then they ARE saying they are at WAR with us.

they think like this...

UN sanctions are attacks on NK so = a declaration of war.
NK Must make clear it thinks this way through the press

Next action...... NK Attacks Japan or SK the moment any of the sanctions are carried out.

UN/US Response will be swift and brutal I am sure.

NK won't stand a chance, but what will China's and Russia's response be to that??

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   
As someone already pointed out, the statement from North Korea condemning the U.N. sanctions is likely nothing more than ill phrased rhetoric. However, there is an undefinable degree of probability that North Korea may undertake some (or many) overt, or covert, steps to aid and assist the known enemies of the U.S. Such steps could include the release of nuclear technology and materials to terrorist groups, and that is a worrying thing.

BTW, the statement that NK has declared WAR is incorrect.

[edit on 17-10-2006 by Astronomer70]

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   
How about China and Russia act first, instead of having the US come over and do it all? As far as I'm concerned, if the US has to go all the way over there to stop some crazy SOB from launching a nuke at someone, then no one has ANY right to say ANYTHING to us if they didn't lift a finger to help stop him. China and Russia are quite capable of taking care of NK in the event that they get out of control. What concerns me is that they don't want NK to be under control because they have their own goals for her.

Remember the Korean War? It was simply a chessgame between China and the US is all that it was. China controlled NK, and the US SK. I think it's the same thing now, and what scares me is that I'm not sure that China isn't wanting Nk to act the way that she is. It'll be an interesting few weeks, you can bet on it.

TheBorg

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 03:06 AM
link   
TheBorg, do you not think NK has already exhibited that it is out of control?

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I think NK has exhibited that it's in need of guidance. I believe that NK has been allowed to stagnate for a long time, simply because of a leader that can't see past his own nose, let alone learn how to be a good diplomat. He seems to want a place on the world stage, and he thinks that by waving this damned nuke around that he can get the attention that he wants for his beliegered country.

Well, I've gotta say that if he knew half of what he thought he knew, he'd sit back down and wait another 30 years to step back up, simply because he's just insulted the rest of the world by thinking that we all would just accept such a bold move onto the stage. One of the leading tenets to getting onto the world stage is the desire for peace. He has no such desire, and by that observation alone, should be denied said attention.

I hope the UN sanctions go into affect soon, as I can't wait to see what the nutjob will do next.

TheBorg

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I dont think n.k.would be foolish enough to use nukes.But they do have a well equiped millionman army and missles capable of reaching japan.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I dont think n.k.would be foolish enough to use nukes.But they do have a well equiped millionman army and missles capable of reaching japan.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Title is still bogus and I assume it was ejected from ATSNN for that very reason.

North, South Korea and the US still remain legally at war since the Korean War.
en.wikipedia.org...

This story is but a propagandized drum roll or excuse for another DPRK nuke test.

Jong, "You declared war on me, now me go make a kaboomy. You see, I not be denied!"

[edit on 17-10-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 03:46 AM
link   
It seems China is ignoring full-cargo inspections. North Korea will continue to build nukes. They will sell the nukes to everyone that hates us, and we will all be screwed. We need to act now. This guy needs to be taken out, there's no negotiating with him. North Korea has a massive army, and fighter jets, and missles, and now nukes... when do we stop playing politics.

Maybe this should have been a bigger concern than afghanistan or iraq.

[edit on 17-10-2006 by bbrain]

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I wonder how much effect the sanctions will actually have. They consist of:

1. Inspections of cargo out of and into NK
2. A ban on supplying luxury items to NK
3. A ban on the sale of major arms to NK.

China, the key player in this, has already refused to cooperate with cargo inspections. So, there goes #1

The ban on luxury items is a direct dig at Kim. But China's refusal to carry out cargo inspections nixes that, so there goes #2.

I have doubts that everyone will stop arms sales to NK. Esp. Russia. And with the porous NK-Chinese border, there goes #3.

What other options are there? Regime change? Maybe, but once again, there's the China matter:

China is unwilling to contemplate an end to the regime in North Korea (so is not stopping its vital supplies of food and oil) but is also unwilling to accept its client state going too far out on a limb.
news.bbc.co.uk...

Here we go again. Kim is nothing more than a petty little dictator, yet, even with global condemnation for his actions, he will continue to cause more problems.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 04:29 AM
link   
China and Russia should both be the most concerned on this issue seeing as it is in their backyard. But it doesnt seem to be the case. Do you think that China and/or Russia could be possibly wanting this to happen to draw the US into another conflict to wear our military down. One possiblity in my opinion based on the actions of both China and Russia. But on the other hand they may not want to get militarily involved, who knows, but this seems to be yet another move in the geopolitical chess game by China not NK, seeing that China could easily reign NK in if they wanted to.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Last i checked, many have taken advantage of "Uncle Sams" policies and/or strategies mistakenly taking them for weaknesses only to find out when push comes to shove as have many in the past that we're not just all smoke and mirrors but resolved and 'Highly Intelligent'...
This is a nation thats pretty easy to get along with but make no mistake its neither weak nor confused and in 'Koreas' case diplomacy sure goes a long way.
The U.S. has been passive and pretty darn nice considering all the retoric flapping out of 'Kims' gums so he should consider advancing his own country and his people in the ways of peace living a long and prosperous life making everyone truly proud rather than trying to be a fool by playing with fire.

Nuff said.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Theoretically the Korean war never ended so a state of war still exists vs USA as far as the facts are concerned. I agree saying something is tantamount to a declaration of war and actually declaring a state of war are different political noises.

There's not so much NK can actually 'do' anyway.

They can invade / flatten S. Korea and that's really about it. It's their only viable military strategy. Their missiles and deployment capability for nukes is er 'wobbly' to say the least. They could maybe nuke Japan, maybe.

It's still a very bad situation now that NK have passed the point of no return and actually gone nuclear. However from the evidence of the recent missile and nuke tests they 'appear' to be falling short of perfecting either system. For now...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join