It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Says U.N. Sanctions Are Declaration Of War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 02:10 AM
link   
North Korea has announced that the UN resolution passed Saturday can not be construed as anything other than a declaration of war against N Korea. It also warned that if anyone used the resolution to infringe on North Korea's sovereignty it would respond with "merciless blows against it".

www.iht.com
The North's Foreign Ministry said in a statement carried by the official Korean Central News Agency that the country wants "peace but is not afraid of war."

The North "vehemently denounces the resolution, a product of the U.S. hostile policy toward (the North) and totally refutes it," the statement said.

"The resolution cannot be construed otherwise than a declaration of a war" against the North, it said.

The country warned that if anyone used the U.N. resolution to infringe on the country's sovereignty, "it will deal merciless blows at him through strong actions."

The U.N. sanctions, passed Saturday, bans the sale of major arms to the North and orders the inspection of cargo to and from the country. It also calls for the freezing of assets of business supplying the North's nuclear and ballistic weapons programs.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I know that we are all used to Kim's sabre rattling in the past but given the fact that NK is now more or less up against it with no support from it's biggest ally China, he may feel threatened enough to actually do something foolish, like attacking Japan or US positions inside South Korea. That would be the end of Kim, of course, but he has never shown the capacity before for rational thought when he believes he is being taken advantage of.

Needless to say, with the evidence of a second planned test and Condi's visit to the area this week, things should get really interesting, if scary, pretty soon.

Note* Although this was the only internet piece I could find, I did hear it confrmed on TV by ABC news.

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
UN Vote Backs N Korea Sanctions
North Korea says nuclear test successful
N. Korea sees U.S. pressure as 'act of war'

[edit on 10/17/2006 by Stormrider to correct spelling and grammar]

[edit on 10/17/2006 by Stormrider]

[edit on 17-10-2006 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Kim is just grandstanding unless his regime puts words into action I wouldnt lose any sleep over what comes out of that nut jobs mouth.
Cheers xpert11.

[edit on 17-10-2006 by xpert11]

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 04:43 AM
link   
heh so he thinks we've declared war on him huh? eh w/e.

if he wants to fight the us though, im thinking we make him bring his army here by ship/plane. i mean really, arent we ALL a little tired of having our boys and girls overseas fighting? lets give the military a reason to hold their heads high and defend teh homeland.

i asy this with full confidnce in the fact that the navy will win most of this war in the mid pacific but hey....they airforce could get in on it...and if they did land some spec ops outta the one sub that could get through, im sure the rangers could juse a live fire excersize in their home turf...

but thats just me. i dont think he got the stones for it.

"life is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury signifying...nothing"

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 05:12 AM
link   
China will put on a good sanction show, but are happy to have their North Korean guard dog barking about war with the US. This is the age of war economics and proxy battles.

NKorea: Sanctions Are Declaration of War - Casper Star Tribune

In some areas of the border, the Chinese seem to have stepped up inspections, though elsewhere a police officer said nothing had changed and inspections were continuing as usual.

Customs officers opened the back of each truck and looked at its cargo as it rolled up, though they didn't open individual boxes or bags. By contrast, reporters who visited the border post last week didn't see inspectors open any trucks.

South Korea Says North May Plan Second Nuclear Test -Bloomberg

China's UN Ambassador Wang Guangya said after the UN vote that his country's government doesn't approve of inspecting cargo to and from North Korea, raising concerns the resolution would be too weak.

US Reviews War Plan on N. Korea -Korea Times

According to the report, the United States is considering a plan against North Korea to neutralize Pyongyang's nuclear capability with overwhelming use of the U.S. Air Force.

Under the envisaged plan, U.S. combat aircraft and bombers, such as F-117A Nighthawk stealth fighters and F-15Es, would conduct ``surgical strikes'' on major weapons of mass destruction (WMD) facilities, training sites, and intelligence and communication facilities in the North instead of ground forces advancing into the North, the report said.

Considering the Korean war has never been officially over, we've been at war for 50+ years.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 05:35 AM
link   
If Bush got out of bed on the wrong side, Kim would probably consider it an act of war

Can't we just slip some Korean special forces in there to take him out? Otheerwise there's going to be a lot of civilian casualties in the near future....

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Can't we just slip some Korean special forces in there to take him out? Otheerwise there's going to be a lot of civilian casualties in the near future....

So who's going to risk voiding all those Chinese export contracts and watching the American economy tank when Beijing dumps dollars and T-bills? Since 80% of the US's production capability has declined from its peak and and our record debt is supported by China, Washington has no intention of pissing off the Chinese by sneaking into the DPRK and creating a power vacuum that will send thousands of North Koreans over the border.

Can throw Russia into the mix too:
Russia Supports North Korea in Nuclear War
Washington Post, United States - Oct 6, 2006

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   
well of course it is, the only one who gets luxury items in that whole country is Kim himself....hey cutting off his supply of nintendo is serious business.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   

"The resolution cannot be construed otherwise than a declaration of a war" against the North, it said.

Notice the wording here, they are not saying who is declaring war on the DRPK. I still think this game of “I’m not touching you” is to provoke a response from the US which will allow them to invade SK.

Originally posted by Regenmacher
So who's going to risk voiding all those Chinese export contracts and watching the American economy tank when Beijing dumps dollars and T-bills? Since 80% of the US's production capability has declined from its peak and and our record debt is supported by China, Washington has no intention of pissing off the Chinese by sneaking into the DPRK and creating a power vacuum that will send thousands of North Koreans over the border.

You know, all this globalization was going so well for corporate USA until KJI threw this fly in the ointment. This could come back to haunt us, but this would not be the first time we have not been in the most prepared condition and have persevered.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
You know, all this globalization was going so well for corporate USA until KJI threw this fly in the ointment. This could come back to haunt us, but this would not be the first time we have not been in the most prepared condition and have persevered.

And of those times, it was based on a foundation of defense not a pre-emptive offense.

Globalization under the guise of a fraudulent corporate kleptocracy may find few men seeking to defend it with their lives and more that are willing to throw wrenches into the gears of an insane war machine, when the proverbial crap hits the fan.

[edit on 17-10-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   

And of those times, it was based on a foundation of defense not a pre-emptive offense.

I agree, that is why I think that sanctions are the way to try to resolve this. A pre-emptive attack on NK would be a mistake, and they know this and are trying to provoke us. We will have to wait until they do something. I think this is another fallout issue that came from the Iraq war, but there is nothing we can do about that now.

Globalization under the guise of a fraudulent corporate kleptocracy may find few men seeking to defend it with their lives and more that are willing to throw wrenches into the gears of an insane war machine, when the proverbial crap hits the fan.

Well let's hope it doesn't come to that, and we will learn something from all this. The PTB will have to learn there is no point in making money if the cost of it is our country.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   

kleptocrat nation (klep te krat na shen), n. 1. a body of people ruled by thieves. 2. a government characterized by the practice of transferring money and power from the many to the few. 3. a ruling class of moneyed elites that usurps liberty, justice, sovereignty, and other democratic rights from the people. 4. the USA in 2003.
Link

Speaking of kleptocracies... if the above definition of the term is correct, we are already living in one. Sorry to take the thread slightly off track, but if we are going to bandy terms like Kleptocracy about, I just want to make sure we are all on the same page here.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
It's all bark unless I see some bite, first it was, 'well if you place sanctions there will be war', now it’s 'if you enforce the sanctions there will be a war', whatever. With the US Military in the region Norkia wont start a damn thing.

new topics

top topics

join