It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Checked the pin, I believe this is topical, Sleep Paralysis and recent weirdness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Okie then.

So I posted my first paranormal experience now I'm going to ask you all about my current weirdness.

I've had sleep paralysis pretty much my entire life. I remember very vividly when I was young I had this reoccuring "light thru the closet door evil ET dream". I distinctly remember being very sick and delusional as a child one night, I had a high fever and was awakened paraylized, seeing this weird light from the closet.

Of course it scared the poop out of me so I crawled out of my room and passed out puking infront of my parents bedroom door. Heh its kinda funny when I think about it, but anyways why I bring it up is its the first of many many many experiences I can remember.

As I got older and we moved into a new house BOTH me and my sister suffered from the paralysis. I sometimes would go and try to wake her up and her eyes would open for a little bit with a terrified look on her face and I'd have to shake her out of it. We both had the similar experience of seeing shadowy figures watching us while we were in the state of paraylsis. Like someone was sitting on your chest, a shadowy figure peering into your face. From what I've read this is pretty much spot on.

Now all of sudden recently I've been having the sleep paralysis a lot, and it doesn't really matter where I am sleeping it will get triggered. Now adays I fight the fear and try to take as much of the horror in before I feel the urge to scream, which I can't and then usually in 10 seconds or so its gone and I'm awake. I see the figures looking at me and the strange thing that happened recently is that I've been hearing whispers in my ear.

Now here's where I think this is topical. Recently I've been having a terrible bout with insomnia and its partially related to the fact is that I don't like falling asleep because I know theres a chance i'm gunna get the paralysis. The strange thing is I've been having that creepy neck tingly feeling that someone is in the room with me and watching me. I swear the other day I saw some shadowy # out of the corner of my eye.

I feel like i'm loosing my mind and actually I'm concerned that I might be right, that it is all in my head. In case your wondering no i'm not doing any drugs or anything like that.

I just am having that watched feeling a lot more than usual and I know what the logical explantion is - but when you are awakened by something whispering strange crap in your ear that is no language I've ever heard and its as real as it gets.

Well crap I hope I'm not going schizo or anything. Just had to share it makes me feel better. Hope its on topic.

am I nuts? am I the target of a life long haunt? I need a strangers take on this because if I told my close friends they'd think i've lost it.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Hey there,

I have been a victim of sleep analysis to. It is avery common occurrence and often psychologists wl say it is due to stress. It is also called Old Hag Syndrome
(look up Incubus/Succubus and Lilith as well) It is a truly horrific feeling and I can indetify with how this makes you fell when it happens.

My experience started quite suddenly and I often woke with a large dark shape in my face and a feeling of weight on my chest. When I wouls attemot to move i would be frozen but VERY MUCH AWAKE. The shape would then back away and disintegrate - even in the dark the shape had outline. My children started wake suddenly and see a dark shape in the hallway that would just stand there, like it was watching them. The last encounter was pretty scary because whilst I was trying to move and scream, my husband says he was trying to turn over onto his back but something had him pinned face down and immobilised. He had not experienced any activity up until that last time. He is not all religious or into the paranormal but he still maintains that it was the most horrifying experience he has ever had. Strange that we both felt this feeling which makes me think there is more to it. This activity ceased when we got a buyer for the house.

We have had much stress in our lives since and to a greater degree so I do NOT agree that it is a stress related experience. If you want to know more just do a search on sleep paralysis. Every culture makes a reference to this I hope it al stps soon. take care

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Thanks for the reply. I have done quite a bit of research on the subject and I'm familar with the history and all this. It's very difficult to explain what it's like if you haven't had it happen, so thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one. Strange about that mutual experience I've not heard of that happening.

As far as stress goes, I also have had way worse times - facing a couple months in the state pen for example, which thankfully didn't happen. I've not really noticed a direct corellation between the two either. I do also suffer from insomnia which rarely gets as severe as not sleeping for days on end but usual manifests itself in little no almost no REM sleep, 2-4 hours a night only kind of thing.

I find that when I'm getting the insomnia I have a higher chances of getting the paralysis and I believe they are related. I saw some things that say the paralysis is a form of narcolepsy which also ties into the insomnia somehow. I'm not a doctor so take it with a grain of salt.

What is abnormal this time is my creeped out feelings during the day or night when I'm alone somewhere, location seems irreleveant. That being watched feeling. Thats whats got me worrying because its kinda new. I think i've just been over analyizing everything and thinking about it more so who knows.

I've ranted enough back to studying

join