It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neocons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
This is a term that is often thrown around by many people on many posts.

I would like to look a little deeper into this phrase.

Source

Neoconservatism is a political current and movement, mainly in the UnitedStates

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

source

Does anyone else have any good/clear defininitions that we can add.

The point was for all of us to have a better understanding of a word/phrase used here so often.

[edit on 10/16/2006 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Hi, Xpert (again)

To begin with, I believe tat to refer to Bush & Co. as "Neoconservative" is to use a totally wrong Term. You speak of the term as being thrown around a lot up here, e.g, "overused", and you are correct. There are 2 more terms thrown around up here that are just as incorrect in the sense of use vs real meaning, and they are "Liberal" and "Conservative".

The fact is that Liberal and Conservative actually were coined to describe 2 distinct means of Constitutional Interpretation. Since Bush & Co have done there level best to totally eradicate the Constitution of the United States, I hardly think they fit in either catagory, as it is extremely difficult to "interpret" a document and the Rights layed down by it when it virtually does not exist any longer. Look at it, The Patriot Act is anything but "patriotic", as it effectively censors Free Speech and one's Rights under the 4th and 14th Amendments; effectively opening the door to a Police State. That is furthered by the recent bid of the administration to remove the power of the Federalization of the National Guard from the Governors of States, the establishment of the National Identification System and it's partner program, NAIS.

No, for Bush and Co, and the followers of their Doctrine, the better term would be "Neofascist". This term fits snugly because of the definition given Fascism by its Founder, Bonito Mussolini, who stated, " Fascism can be more correctly defined as the merging of State and Corporate Power" Well, isn't that what is really going on?

I can'r leave this alone without presenting a "mirror" to look into which, I feel, is pertainate to the point. That mirror is George Lucas' Revenge of the Sith; not the special effects, but the Plot, which wreaks of, and speaks to, current affairs.

'nuff--

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   
O.k. Lets look at this word neo-con in perspective.
Or rather, lets take it for face value.

Neo - New
Con - persuade someone to do or believe something, typically by use of deception:

The latter appears to be consistent with the attitude of those labelled neo-cons.

We have seen increasingly with scandals, such as what happened in Florida with the republican congressman there, that actually believing in what you preach is not a prerequisite for being in office, and infact could hinder your political career...therefore implying the "con" part, that it is through deception and hypocricy in which they divide and rule the world.

The term neo-con can go to O'Reilly (spelling), which Im sure it does, as I have read he was accused of sexual harrasment, which would be unbecoming for a republican who spouts a Christian agenda...yet does not follow it.
(Christians be aware...watch them by there fruit, for you will know them.)

So as for NWO, it seems to be the case to spout out what needs to be said, totally ignoring any other point of view, and labelling it as a threat or crazy to help further the agenda, which appears to be control of the masses through surveillance, debt, etc.

As for the conservative, as for neo-con or neo-conservative, that is the con part of the name...as there is no conservative nature there...if you watch the personalities and the fruit, you realize that they are as liberal in their actions as a democrat, etc.

Until people learn the right to freedom that they have in their own life, through peace and surrender to what is (the sound of irony here,) to where they can live in the present moment in which is all we have...then the NWO represents the state of consciousness of the masses (mind control...no not them mind controlling the masses persay, but that the masses are stuck in the mind with its thoughts), and it will be here until a shift of perspective happens on a global level.

I would find it interesting in Revelation, where the 2 prophets come down and no one listens to them...its as if some of the conspiracies, such as totally mind control through chip implentation, etc. is implied. Who knows.

Peace

Dalen

[edit on 17-10-2006 by dAlen]

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   
i'm leaning toward the idea that the current administration is neo-liberal.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Travisky
i'm leaning toward the idea that the current administration is neo-liberal.

there is a strange idea, that neo-cons are a style of hardcore neo-liberals.

wiki has a nice piece on it, but the definition is very sketchy. but there are very good books on neo-cons on amazon, etc

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I heard this a while ago, but can't really remember where.

"A Liberal is a Conservative who has never been mugged."

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Neo- Liberal. Thats a good one. Even Clinton wasn't a true liberal. Just a conservative in liberals close.

I think it's important to note that Leo Strauss is very important to the administration. Both Wolfiwitze and Rummy studied under him along with other important people.

Leo Strauss was a noted Facist and it's rooted in his beliefs. Bush even proudly notes that many in his cabinet are Straussians. Too bad he didn't trip up and say facists.

So there you have it. We said no to facism 60 years ago and we're still dealing with it today.

new topics

join