It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GIJoe..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Okay..I know some of you may be taken aback by this topic's title, but please hear me out. For those of you who follow the current comic book series GIJoe: America's Elite..I have nothing but anger towards the editor and writer of that book and believe they are nothing but uninformed people.

To make a long story short...in a revelation during a storyline, Cobra Commander is revealed to readers that he's been hiding out as Chief of Staff in the White House advising the POTUS in disguise which felt wrong to me and because the storyline took place a year after the previous storyline, it did'nt make sense due to tight security issues and the impossibility of that plot.

Second, since all the characters have no idea that CC is in 'hiding' in plain sight within the White House..he's been manipulating people and killed 3 politicians in his office IN the White House wearing his hood...What the?? How absurd can this get?

Thirdly, CC manipulated the POTUS to give him permission to create his own paramilitary force and take on the GIJoe's main base called "The Rock" on American soil physically for real. It turns out the POTUS does'nt trust the leader of GIJoe...Joe Colton (yes, the ORIGINAL GIJOE from the 1960s and 70s) and decides to give CC "Garrett Freedlowe" (his current disguise) permission and 'green light' to do it.
I have huge problems with this logic because Chief of Staff is not military nor can they order a military unit to attack another on American soil for it is treason and against the law, not even POTUS is allowed to make that executive order.
That's like having "Red Cell" take on Area 51...do you see the absurdity of this? I know Red Cell was designed to infiltrate Naval bases to determine security effectiveness and such..but you get the gist of it.
The paramilitary group called Phoenix Guard is comprised of 6 people and CC wanted to prove to POTUS how ineffective GIJoe was and use PG to go 'gung ho' on their base which I think is stupid and contrived.
Previously, CC and POTUS made a surprise tour visit to The Rock (a la Area 51) and saw the Baroness captive in secret and POTUS tells General Colton to own up and make sure she gets info extracted from her asap.
When he returns to DC, he gives "Garrett" the green light to attack out of suspicion. This does not make sense at all.
They don't even explain how in hell CC infiltrated the WH in the first place but they're supposed to do that soon but I suspect they're going to drop the ball and I will say that the editor and writer are not as bright as they think they are.
In fact, they claimed they have a military advisor consulting them on matters and I really don't see any of that reflected in the book with teeming realism.
Even "24" tv series is far superior because Richard Marcenko consulted the production studio on military matters...and I'm astounded how stupid Devil's Due Publishing is.

So...am I right that POTUS is breaking the law? I know Chief of Staff cannot be POTUS nor be next in line for succession. And the Pentagon would never allow the surprise attack by another paramilitary group to occur unless there is evidence of serious breach of national security. What the writer should have done was have POTUS order a private investigation by the CIA/FBI/DOD, etc..to take care of matters if he did'nt trust Colton.
But did the writer do that?
No.....bunch of dumba$$es.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
think you meant to put this in comic forum?

/shrug

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
My error. I totally forgot about the comics forum that existed here on ATSSN..

But that was my intention...

join