It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My paranormal experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Hello,

I've been a longtime lurker of this board but after reading a few posts here and the good responses they have generated, I thought I'd share a tidbit or two and see what people think.

First I guess I'll share my one 'ghost' story. It's not that flattering for me but anyways here goes. When I was a young lad, around 15 or so, well I wasn't really on the right track. A friend of mine, and I both decided to do a bit of snooping around in some apartment basement storage areas in a closeby neighboorhood. This is in St. Louis in a older part of town but byfar not as old as the Lemp mansion or whatnot. So our goal was perhaps finding some stuff to boost like TV's VCR etc. Very wrong, and lets just say we did a lot of things I would not do now. SO my buddy and I both sneak out latenight, smoke a J(This is what I've chalked it up too all these years...) and decided to go searching.

We go thru a few buildings stealthily and find most things locked so no dice. I have the flashlight and my friend is following me. Well we get to this one building and go down the steps, open the door to the storage area. As soon as we walked down the steps the hairs on the back of my neck went all a tingly like. Not a welcoming vibe but we were not there to make nice. We enter the storage area, pitch black and I shine the light around looking for unlocked booty. Start hearing this rattling noise.. my friend and I both say "wtf is that" - WHAM this flash of white light comes shooting at us. It looked like a white mist. We both run. FAST. Up and out we go tearing ass down the street. I've never been so damn scared in my life. Now here's where it got weird to me. We didn't say what we saw at the time beause it happened so fast. But we both saw the same thing. NO way it was another person. It was not another flashlight.

I figured we just had some stress related/pot related/ double hallicantion. But too this day I still don't know what it was. I think it was actually a godsend because that ended our short career as theieves.

So whatever it was, thanks for at least sending us on the right path. And I still feel guilty about a lot of # we did. We were little bastards.

Cheers thanks for reading if you did.
I've got some other questions related to sleep paralysis that I've had all my life but that might be for another sub-boad.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
To be honest, it could have been anything. May have been one of those motion activated spot lights (explains why you both saw the same thing), and the THC could have cause an increased visual response (that and the fact it was dark explains the brightness).

Could have been anything though.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing that. I have not seen anything like that, but I have had a number of very hard to explain experiences. A few people I have met have told me about seeing ghosts, and I believed them, based on my judgement of how honest they were. They had nothing to gain, and could have been laughed at for telling me. But they did anyway, and I believe them. Things are not at all as they appear in this world.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
No way it was a flood or security light. The mist came from the pitch black like a cloud that was pushed to me at a high speed. It was so quick that both of us didn't even have time to scream we just both ran at the same time without prompting each other.

To clarify I also did not have the flashlight pointed in that direction when it happend.

I'm still betting on the THC and general stress but to this day it still freaks me out.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
You said it was an older place. Perhaps you stirred up some dust. Maybe it was a motion light, but you guys were too bombed out to know it?

I can't really explain it, but I have a feeling the buildings age, situation, and drugs were a big factor.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Speaking as an ex pothead I can attest to the ability of the weed to make one see things that aren't there. And have had that happen. But, this may not make sense to some people, but I knew they weren't there. What exactly happened way back when, when I was stoned, that was something unbelievable, yet I felt strongly that it was something more than my just being stoned. It felt like I could tell the difference. Of course, when you tell people you saw something freaky while you were stoned, you can expect no one to believe it was anything more than just a hallucination from the drugs. Many people relate paranormal events that happened while they were totally straight, and I know people who are as straight arrow as the day is long who have seen some stuff that freaked them out. I believe them, because, in my estimation, these people were as credible as they come. They were intelligent, rational, good citizens, who wouldn't have believed me had I told them the same story they told me. But since it happened to them, they had little choice.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Ya the weed smokin is what I blame it on, sometimes. But the thing is I've never ever ever seen something that 'real' on just weed alone. Picture pitch black, and a misty white cloud that flies right at you. And the fact my friend saw the same thing. Now we didn't go to a third party and tell them invidually like they did on the latest episode of TAPS, which is the right way to do it.

But we weren't looking for ghosts we out for some mischief. Anyways thanks for the objective replies and not passing judgement on me.

It's what I expected from this forum and nice to know I'm not let down

It was so long ago that I don't remeber the details of the location, but I do know that most building in St. Louis that are brick have been built in the early 1900's. And most of the buildings in St. Louis are brick and old so I dunno. The house I grew up in was 1920's era IIRC.

Anyways thanks again

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
First, I can swear that this guy was giggling, wide-eyed, and shaking his head side to side as he told me this. He is a chiropractor, married, two kids... he is a model citizen who has nothing in his character to suggest he would lie or that he was misinterpreting what occurred. He giggled as he swore up and down to me it was true, and I believed him because he is honest. Also, he was not a pothead, and if anything he might have smoked a j once or twice in his teens. I would believe him before I would believe me, though that isn't saying a great deal.

What happened was, he was hiking to a spot in a steep canyon above an approx. 100 foot waterfall. I've been there, and know where he was. They were another 75 to 100 feet above the creek at the top of a virtually vertical cliff when his friend slipped and fell into the creek far below. My friend said he saw this and worried his friend would get caught in the current and go over the falls. This is the fun part. The next second, he swore up and down, he was pulling his friend out of the creek. He broke out laughing as he told me he did not climb down to him, and it was instantaneous that he was there, 75 to 100 feet below.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Craziness... I could chalk that one up to adrenelin tho most of the time when your in # situations like that time slows down. Having been injured a bunch of times pretty seriously I can attest to that.

The world is a strange place isn't it.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I had been to the spot where he was myself, and it is a trail along a cliff top which is about 100 feet high. There is only one place you can climb down, and it is a pretty complicated and very steep climb down which you want to be very careful descending. I remember it taking us a good ten minutes to climb down to the creek. From what he told me, he wasn't at the spot where you can climb down. So his friend tumbled down a maybe 80 degree slope, and ended up half in the creek. In my friends words, 'one second later I was pulling him out of the creek. I didn't climb down, I didn't even jump down, I was instantly down there.' So, if your theory is right, he would have had to run along the ridgetop to the spot where you climb down, carefully climb down, run up the creek, and then not recall that whole incident. I won't say it is not possible because I am sure it is, but it seems amazing someone could perform a 10 plus minute, dangerous, and meticulous journey without any recollection at all. He was sure that he was at the clifftop one second and at the bottom the next.... I don't feel I am able to refute that, however impossible it sounds. I have had my own very inexplicable experiences, which makes a big difference.

new topics

top topics

join