It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

A Nuclear Australia?

page: 2
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Israel was never a signatory to the NPT and is thought to have maybe several dozen nuclear weapons, but have never tested one.

[edit on 10/17/2006 by djohnsto77]




posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan


Of course, it is the right of the Australian people to refuse, but I think a Nuclear equiped Australia is a good thing in the long term.


True,

but the debate is wether australia should build nuclear power plants.
We dont need it, we are simply entertaining and accomodating the foreign people whom have $$$ for us to pocket.
Solar power here is the answer, i still beleive a adventurous plan of a major solar power planet in the middle of the country would be a major aspect for the future of australia.

Imagine how many bushmen could cook there egg's n beans on the panels, instaed of having to light fires?

but on a serious note, as for nukes...
If war ever happened, the British and American allies australia has would surely offer us nukes..
I mean, they could hit anyone they wanted to.. anyways.. so why would australian need to have them ?



posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Israel was never a signatory to the NPT and is thought to have maybe several dozen nuclear weapons, but have never tested one.

[edit on 10/17/2006 by djohnsto77]


Aha! Thats what they want you to believe. Heard of the Vela Incident? Hmmmm....

Vela Incident

I know it's a Wiki article, but you can search elsewhere if you like.

As for several dozen, try a couple of hundred warheads.



posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Aha! Thats what they want you to believe. Heard of the Vela Incident? Hmmmm....

Vela Incident



Hmm, don't quiite remember that since I was like in kindergarten at the time


Anyway, it seems like it's still not known whether it was Israel or South Africa that did it.

[edit on 10/17/2006 by djohnsto77]



posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Hi ...just a correction if I may.

Most houses in Oz DO NOT have solar power...it is way to expensive.
There is currently a nationwide petition to the Federal Australian Government (on channnel 7 and people can log on to the net and sign it) to retain the rebates for those that do indeed elect to install solar power. The government wants to scrap the rebate system. It is hoped that by pressuring the government to retain the rebate system, that costs will eventually become cheaper if peeps know they will be rebated for helping to save the globe.

A lot of our solar energy experts have left Australia to work elsewhere like Germany (who have embraced solar energy vigorously - quoted on the TV only this morning here in Sydney) due to the lack of funding here and the complacency of our government to do anything constructive about helping to save the environment.


People here cant afford solar power...we are too busy paying high prices for petrol
that goes up every time someone farts on the other side of the world.


resistancia


[edit on 17-10-2006 by resistancia]



posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   


I know most houses built there now have solar power to heat up water etc.

Well, I don't know about Australia, but the above post seems to
deal with them.

But the majority of first world countries have laws that all houses
have to have water heaters powered by Solar power.



posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Oz is like the poor country cousins... we are usually last to embrace innovative
ideas.

Our govnerment is extremely weak and can not stand up nor think for itself.

Oz is a country that prefers to be dictated to by other players with malevolent agendas. Therefore, I am not very patriotic...rather ashamed to be an Australian right now in light of the butt sucking that has been going on since 9/11

resistancia



posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Hmm, don't quiite remember that since I was like in kindergarten at the time


Anyway, it seems like it's still not known whether it was Israel or South Africa that did it.

[edit on 10/17/2006 by djohnsto77]


I wasn't even an itch in my dads underwear!!


There's evidence to point that they were in colusion with their nuke programmes. The only difference is SA went public and dismantled their programme willingly. Israel, as we know, did not.



posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
That was one factoid I certainly never knew or suspsected so:


You have voted stumason for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.


[edit on 10/17/2006 by djohnsto77]



posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Imho i think that this question is a result of n.k.activites recently and japans refusing to nuclearize.yes there is a nuclear imbalance in the region now.and aussie will be within n.k.icbm range eventually.



posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xfile
Imho i think that this question is a result of n.k.activites recently and japans refusing to nuclearize.yes there is a nuclear imbalance in the region now.and aussie will be within n.k.icbm range eventually.


I thought we were in range already?



posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
We already have US ICBM stations in Northern Australia.

My mate in the RAAF was stationed at a launch site earlier this year, and to the best of my knowledge he's going back in a month or so. He wasn't told whether the missiles were nuclear or not but what else do you shoot from an ICBM?

As for Nuclear Power, I say we go for it. Solar energy is far too expensive and impractical.



posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   


My mate in the RAAF was stationed at a launch site earlier this year, and to the best of my knowledge he's going back in a month or so. He wasn't told whether the missiles were nuclear or not but what else do you shoot from an ICBM?


Really? I honestly had no idea we had American ICBM's here in Australia..
..Can you tell me where abouts in Northern Australia?

The Northern territory maybe?



posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
So what the Lucas Heights Nuclear Reactor ?.

I think there talking about nulcear weapons, makes sense then the US can have a puppet in the Asian Pacific region nuked up.



posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   
you got that right helium3



resi



posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by resistancia
Hi ...just a correction if I may.

Most houses in Oz DO NOT have solar power...it is way to expensive.
There is currently a nationwide petition to the Federal Australian Government (on channnel 7 and people can log on to the net and sign it) to retain the rebates for those that do indeed elect to install solar power. The government wants to scrap the rebate system. It is hoped that by pressuring the government to retain the rebate system, that costs will eventually become cheaper if peeps know they will be rebated for helping to save the globe.

A lot of our solar energy experts have left Australia to work elsewhere like Germany (who have embraced solar energy vigorously - quoted on the TV only this morning here in Sydney) due to the lack of funding here and the complacency of our government to do anything constructive about helping to save the environment.


People here cant afford solar power...we are too busy paying high prices for petrol
that goes up every time someone farts on the other side of the world.

[edit on 17-10-2006 by resistancia]


Maybe I got this wrong. My sister lives over in OZ and old me that most nex houses built now have solar power..... they definately have an option.
But maybe it is too expensive.
There definately should be government grants available to change to solar power though.



posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Hi NeoScientist,

Just bringing peeps up to speed with the situation as it came up in a post the other day. It costs $12000 -15000 dollars to install and that is a lot of money for the average Aussie.

It is really topical here right now and it looks like the petition has done some good.

Our federal government is starting to sit up and take notice as a couple of key influential federal ministers signed the petition this morning on a national TV broadcast.

In Pace
resi


********WE HAVE NO WATER EITHER AND OUR FARMERS ARE IN DESPAIR...1 FARMER PER WEEK IS COMMITTING SUICIDE IN AUSTRALIA this isa thread for another section and time I know



posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I think we have to look at this seriously. In a situation where say North Korea attacks Australia and then China and Russia see U.S. missile coming their way, what will they think? That we are attacking North Korea in response to their attack on our allies or will they think we're attacking them directly?

I don't think a world where all U.S. allies are not nuclear-armed yet all its enemies have them is a good one. Think about it.



posted on Oct, 19 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
helium3,

I think at Lucas Heights they only do isotopes and other nuclear medicine stuff at the moment.

I have heard that Lucas Heights is really old and would not be suitable to do anything on a large scale like nukes for the military.

Another issue is the proximity of the facility to the city and suburbs.

I reckon it will go in the top end somewhere maybe close to Pine Gap (nice and close to Asia and the Middde East).


But I do believe strongly that we will get nuclear power here (and me thinks we already have it, don't you ?)

In Pace
resi




top topics



 
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join