It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air-to-Air Tactical Nukes vs Large Alien Ship

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I was wondering your opinions on the topic.

The ancient inhabitants of the Indian subcontinent have two incredibly old and epic poems, of which the names have left me, but in which a grand war is described, complete with aerial vehicles called "Vimana", described as large aerial platforms with many, many capabilities and weapons. But these capabilities vary from Vimana to Vimana, some do this, some do that, etc.

They are famed to be able to cloak invisible, but not cloak their sound, as in the poems one Vimana destroys another after it becomes invisible with a sound-seeking weapon. There is rumor that alien discs have force-fields and the like.. but could an electro-magnetic field really protect from a nuclear explosion at point blank, or in other words '100% accurate strike'? They too are said to have weapons that sound strikingly similar to nuclear weaponry in those poems, im sure another member can post the name of the poem(s) im speaking of. One is called something like the Mahabarata, or some such.

My question to you all is; Do you think current state of the art technology in jet fighter aircraft, such as the F-22 raptor & the F-117 Stealth fighter, complete with their state of the art missle guidance systems and tracking systems, could hit a "Vimana" with an air-to-air tactical(small yield) nuclear missle? And if so, do you suspect the alien technology would be superior enough to repel a nuclear blast? I have to think if they could be hit by one, it would hurt them, at the very least if they could deflect the insurmountable blast, they'd fall prey to the radiation.

I also wonder if they could make the nuclear missle, travelling at mach-whatever-faster-than-sound, stop dead in its tracks and 'go dead' electronicly, cutting its propelling-technology off and causing it to drift out of the sky and crash into the ground or sea.

And the very weapon I speak of, an air-to-air tactical nuke, these kinds of weapons are being developed and tested as we speak by the United States Air Force. In fact, we may already have some prototype weaponry that could be hastily used.

I know one thing, I'd bet conventional munitions would be as good as useless, to craft anyways, because they'd be so slow/weak. We need some serious # for protection here guys.. anyone else thinking that an alien 'appearance in numbers' would immediately turn into us attempting to attack & kill them? We'd provoke hellfire, thats for sure, I just hope we develop some better weapons that might have a chance.

How do you assess the state of the art tech we have right now, should it be used in full force to defend the planet and the Human race from aliens?

I call into discussion the infamous 'Custard's Last Stand', where 100-odd U.S. cavalry in the 1800's, complete with muskets and rifles, were surrounded, overwhelmed, and slaughtered to the last man by a few thousand naked indians with hand carved bows and slow, stone-head arrows. Surely we could overwhelm a small force..

[edit on 10/16/2006 by runetang]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I believe the name of the poem you speak of is "The Mahabarata". It's definitely a good read. As for your questions,an air to air nuke missle wouldnt be hard at all to make. And the technology to detonate the incoming missle before it reaches the alien craft is already in developement here,by us. Given,i still dont think we'd stand a chance against them. Then again,we have no idea what kind of tech we REALLY have available now. Remember,germany was studying saucer-shaped craft back in WWII,and after we even built a prototype. The avrocar i think was the name. It was powered using conventional propulsion,but it flew.Just wasnt stable enough,but we have fly by wire tech now so anything is possible really.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Air-to-Air Tactical Nukes vs Large Alien Ship

Opps, someone has been watching too many reruns of Independence Day.
Come on, fess up....

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Naw.. that movie is kinda corny. But I must admit the similarity with my questions and the happenings in that movie because they do indeed try to shoot big ass UFO's with missles from fighter jets, and there are force-fields around them.

I heard something from a speaker who is now dead, I forgot his name, it was a video clip from a seminar; he states when the government figured out that simple 1960's radar beams would cause the saucers to malfunction and fall to the Earth they apparently began doing it on purpose to recover tech! To think 1960's radar is all that would be needed? Lol..

[edit on 10/16/2006 by runetang]

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Only problem is the scientists can only get limited functionality from the craft because of inbox thinking(last 100years of physics teachings) and limited knowledge of time /space/ and spirituality aspects required to effectively pilot the crafts.

If you remember that old Area 51 video of the craft that kept going around in circles losing imense altitude. The other craft was probably being piloted with white knuckles as you see it stays pretty steady.
video.google.com... rea+51+ufo&hl=en

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
It occurs to me that any race/species that would come to Earth would be much more technically advanced than we are.

I say that because they can get here and we can't go there...yet.

If their transportation is that far advanced beyond us, I will have to assume (yeah, I know about assuming) that their weapons technology is equally advanced compared to ours.

A direct attack like that could lead to a war that we can't hope to win or maybe even survive.

[edit on 10/16/2006 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   
if i were an alien species i would go and attack at full forces if i only had a small force, i would get spark world powers (america, china and russia) to begin figthing and then attack when they are crippled, so i wouldn't face there full potential.

as for a nuclear bomb i would say they could render it useless using some exotic tech, but like someone else said that is only an assumption.

nice post though always fun to see what others think

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Why in the world would an advanced alien race attack us when they could easily get us to attack each other and then sit back and wait?

We are constantly riding the war fence on this planet as it is. they strike and make it look like it came from another country. All the dirty work is then done for them and they then swoop in and take over.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I find it interesting that the Vimana crafts supposedly used some kind of mercury ion propulsion system.
NASA has developed a similar system,back in the 60s.

posted on Oct, 17 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The Air Force doesn't have to develop any nuke air-to-air missiles. We 1st had them in 1957! The Genie began development by Douglas Aircraft in 1955. An F-89J at 15,000 feet launched the 1st over Yucca Flat Nevada July 19th, 1957. Production missiles were contracted to Hughes Missile Division.

It was standard external armament for the F-101B, the F-89J and mounted internally on the F-106. The warhead when detonated had a 1,000-foot radius of lethality with little lasting effect to adjacent areas- there was no big fall out threat.

We developed nuclear artillery back then too that fired tactical nuke shells.

Electronic warfare has elevated to a very sophisticated form. The idea is to hide your aircrft, seek out the enemy aircraft, confuse his electronic sensors such as radar and IR, see him at a range before he can see you and fire before he can.

Any offensive action against an enemy aircraft or interstellar craft would require control of the situation electronically. In the past UFOs have made fighters sent to intercept various electronic systems switch on and off. If you can shut off the enemy's fire control system after it is armed he can't shoot at you.

A shield can be produced to surround an object such as a space vehicle creating an electromagnetic field. This field will repell objects such as micro-meteorites and larger debris relative to the power output. In other words more power will repell more force. The trick is generating sufficient power to envelop a vehicle to a degree to which it is safe from external objects or projectiles as it moves through space or atmosphere and from concussive forces created by explosive devices.

BTW- most of those Lakota warriors had Henry repeating rifles

[edit on 10/17/06 by Cruizer]

new topics

top topics

join